“trying to charge for an unconfirmed Hotels.com stay”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Traveling late down I-5 we used the cell phone to make a last minute booking for some much needed sleep. We tried over and over again to get a cell phone confirmation as the website said phone or email confirmation. I do NOT use email on my phone. We never got the confirmation, another hotel in front of us, we simply checked in to that one. This hotel, Called at 2:00 AM, that's right AM to ask if we were still coming. I know they had my cell number, because they called at 2AM!!! Now Hotels.com is charging me for this room per Village Inn's request. I will NEVER use Hotels.com again or needless to say stay at Village INN..........2 AM?

Room Tip: couldn't tell you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Village Inn

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I get in my room and so do the flies ,but the clicker was getting in the shower and having the fitting fly off twice and hit my knee. Food was ok when you finally got helped. W hen I finally did get to sleep the bed was hard and unforgiving.

Room Tip: Soundproof the ceilings for people on ground floor. You can hear footsteps
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The first "non-smoking" room we were given was filled with smoke - uninhabitable for people with allergies. Although they were booked, they were able to change our room and it was ok, but obviously will put other non-smokers out :(

Be aware that the pool is shared with the apartment complex directly behind the hotel and a key is needed to enter the gate. It was badly in need of a surface cleaning.

Their laundry room is NOT open 24 hours, as stated on the website. It is also shared with the apartment complex. There is a Laundromat across the main street, but its too far to walk to if you are hauling laundry.

There was quite a bit of noise at 2:30 am from the restaurant in the parking lot on a Saturday night.

It took a couple hours of the air conditioning on to properly cool the room.

The bathroom and room were fairly clean. Beds a bit mushy, but comfortable.

I was NOT able to connect to their WiFi, even after they reset their router.

We paid about $85 incl. tax on a group rate.

I would stay here in the future only if on a budget or if nothing else were available. If they hadn't been able to swap our room for a true non-smoking room, we would have had to find something else.

Room Tip: inspect the room first to see if it is truly a non-smoking room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stopped on our way down from Seattle. It was a really hot day, and we couldn't seem to cool to room down. It wasn't until the next morning as we were packing up I noticed the air conditioner in the back of the room wasn't really hooked to the duct work just near it. Odd

Room Tip: Try to get a courtyard room- there may be shade and it looks pretty.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Town was full with sport tournaments, so not many options available and relied on Expedia's reviews. Won't do that again. The room had an bad odor right as you walked in and it was quite shabby as well. There were dirty cobwebs on the ceiling and a huge water stain in the ceiling in the bathroom. We noticed a couple ants on the bathroom floor, but took care of those. Didn't notice any more ants before we went to bed. We woke up to an army of ants all over the small countertop and sink about 6 feet from the bed. Awful!

Room Tip: No tips, would not recommend hotel to anyone.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After driving all night, we went to our room thinking we would get some much needed rest we heard constants hammering, vacuuming next door and loud voices. When I complained the desk clerk said, we are going to have a busy weekend and this is the only time repairs can be made. When I asked if we could get another room, clerk was extremely rude and unwilling to please- poorest of customer service I have seen I a very long time she never apologized

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The door did not have the standard interior second lock..There was a patch on the door where it use to be. The TV (actually a flat screen!) was bolted in place inside a old TV cabinet so it could not be turned to a better angle. There was a small fridge, it made tons of noise every time it went into its on cycle. The bedding - sheets were dingy and old. The blanket look like it had seen it's useful days many years ago, it was NASTY..It also had burn holes on it & the letter K written across it in many spots. The BED, was the absolute worst! It had a sink hole on one side, we could of lived with that (my husbands side lol) but it made so much noise! Every time you moved it groaned, squeaked & sounded like breaking wood. My husband thought it was old metal springs making all the noise. The towels, there were two (2), they reminded me of the towels you were given in P.E. at school. The tag revealed they were made of Polyester and Cotton. My first & last time with a polyester towel! The hand towels and wash cloths had stains on them..We choose not to use any. If your looking for the usual assortment of soap/lotion/cream rinse/ shampoo etc..bring your own. There was the littlest soap sliver and a cheap shampoo. The place seemed clean till you looked close..then you would notice the dirty tray the coffee pot sat on, the icky stuff on the pull out mirror. To be fair the loveseat was newer along with the pictures and TV. Oh and there was NO elevator to the second floor. If I didn't have luggage that would of been fine. We only stayed one night and if we had pulled the bedspread off earlier, before getting ready for bed we would of left right then

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank roadsendmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Best Western New Oregon
Best Western New Oregon
#12 of 38 in Eugene
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!