Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Where to begin?

The Bed - We booked a queen but the size was more like a Full, It was hard as a rock, every move you made the bed squeaked. Two pillows with as much fill as a piece of cardboard and about as comfortable as one.

Microwave shelf was coated in grease.

Daily service doesn't exist here. If you want fresh towels or linens you need to go to the front desk and get them yourself.

Coffee maker was filled and turned on for a morning cup of joe. BUT, we ended up with coffee all over the counter and floor not in the pot.

No ICE machines or vending machines. We had to go the the market and buy ice or fill the ice trays in the freezer and wait! Who doesn't have ICE machines!

I will say it was quiet there. Not many guests and we now know why!

Room Tip: I would HIGHLY recommend paying a little more $ and get a step up in rooms at a better place. We wok...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baskett1970
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The problems you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and will be taken into consideration to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at spg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

On July 8, my husband and I spent the night at Crossland motel as we had several other times. Had a first floor room as we always do and upon checking out on the 9th we reserved a room on the first floor for our return on the 13th. When we arrived about 8pm we found we'd been placed on the second floor in spite of our reservation request on the 9th. The manager, Melisa, who waited on us was rude and overbearing. Said it didn't matter if we had a reservation, that a call had been made to reconfirm that reservation or anything else. If we wanted to stay there we'd accept the second floor room 200. She did say it was just above the office and we could use the elevator beside the office. On that basis we said, "okay". We gathered our suitcase, my 80# oxygen concentrator, medically required pillow, etc. and rode the elevator to the second floor to find that room 200 is the full length (over a block away!) of the complex from the elevator. With our arms loaded, we made our way to the room. Other than a dirty rug the room was adequate and similar to previous first floor rooms we'd had at Crossland.

Now to some this sounds like no big deal but we are 73 years old. My husband is diabetic. I have heart problems and difficulty walking. That is why we have always had a first floor room. This is way I made reservations a week in advance. However, I was told that none of this mattered because making reservations in advance didn't guarantee anything but a room somewhere In the complex. I can't believe that if you make a reservation with a specific request that it wouldn't be honored. Especially when we had received such excellent service before.

The manager was rude to the point of abusive. She provided us with a take it or leave it decision. As it was near 8pm, we were beyond tired, didn't know the area well and were fearful of not finding another room, we felt compelled to accept the room rather than drive on.

As we have received such good service and positive experiences in the past we felt we had to let you know. Will we tell others? You bet we will! Will we stay again? Probably not if we can find another place but we do know Crossland has a good reputation and we've had positive stays before. I guess it is a sign of the times that you have to hire people who have no respect for their position nor the company they work for! Sincerely, David and Jeanne Wollman

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Jeanne - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your opinion is truly valuable to us. I would like to apologize that we were not able to accommodate your request for a first floor room. Please now that we make every attempt to honor each request to accommodate the needs of our guests. It sounds like we were able to accommodate your requests in the past, but were not able to do so this time because all of the rooms in the hotel were occupied.

Again, I am sincerely sorry you felt that the Manager did not provide adequate resolution to your situation. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and it sounds like we were not able to do that. I would like the opportunity to Make It Right for you, so that you know we really do care about each and every guest who stays with us. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at cgolden@extendedstay.com so we can discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you and having you as a guest again at Extended Stay Hotels.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The room is pedestrian but clean and comfortable enough. The bed is a little hard but the efficiency kitchen and free wifi along with the central location that is easily accessed is well worth the price. Think Motel 6 at a slight upgrade. The best reason to choose this location - besides the relatively inexpensive price of the room - is the staff.

They are all top drawer. Even when I had a minor question on the bill, they took the time to explain and never failed to be patient, accessable, and accomodating....very unusual in these current times and very much appreciated.

Room Tip: There are no interior hallways. Ask for a ground floor, near the stairs or elevator to reduce number...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The room was adequate, not luxurious but clean and comfortable. Having the fully stocked kitchenette was a big plus, was able to cook there and save on restaurant food.
The staff was friendly AND efficient. I stay there again when I come to Eugene.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank utahlynn49
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a raving review. I am proud of our team for ensuring you had a wonderful stay while you were our guest. It is always our goal to provide each guest with that wonderful "Home away from Home" feeling, and it sounds like we were able to do this for you!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our room was clean and spacious we even had a kitchenette , not what you would expect for the price we paid, money very well spent. My only complaint would be we booked 2 nights but they only programmed keys for 1. Quick and easy fix the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our kitchenette that we provide in each guest room. I apologize that your room key was deprogrammed; however, I am am happy to hear that the staff was able to fix the issue right away.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Friendly! Pets are welcome! Staff is very friendly and makes you feel welcome! Room was clean and tidy! Didn't smell of animals or smoke, so it was very nice. I would come and stay another night! Especially since its so close to I5 and Gateway mall! Plus there's a Kitchenette in the room makes it easier on the wallet when your not having to go out all the time!

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a raving review. I am proud of our team for making you feel welcome and ensuring you had a wonderful stay. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

My room was clean, smelled fresh, and had a kitchenette. The staff was helpful, friendly,and professional. The sample products that they had at the front desk were nice. The bed was firm and the room was quiet. I would recommend this place for a short stay or an extended stay. I plan on sataying with them again when I am in that area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities we offer upon request to guests and that your room to be quiet. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Best Western Greentree Inn
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 14 in Springfield

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!