Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Wow. Looks OK from the outside but once in...Bathroom smelled of old urine. Trash under the beds. Sheets put on inside out. Crumbs on the counters. Asked 3 times to have it cleaned and finally the trash was removed out from under the bed but placed on the kitchenette counter and the beds were remade with the existing sheets. Staff is very nice but must have limited authority to help. Never was I offered any concessions for our trouble. This could be a decent place to stay but not unless they can clean up their act. This is a place for traveling construction workers. Cheap and it shows.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank c c
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that your guest room was not to our cleanliness standards. Please accept our apologies. I am so sorry the services requested were not provided in a timely manner and efficient. We are going over your review with our housekeeping staff in an effort to make our cleaning procedures more thorough and effective. Still, I am thankful that our staff was very nice. We will make sure to empower our staff to make it right for our guests the first time.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at spg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

One of the worst places I've stayed in a long long long time. We wouldn't have stayed had there been any other place available. Granted, it was a last minute trip and a weekend when the Ducks were playing but for the price of the normal rate and then almost double for Friday and Saturday night was outrageous. Rooms were old and outdated, stained floors and bed covers, bathrooms small and close to being unuable. Stated that it was a non-smoking place but clearly it wasn't enforced. Smokers on all levels of the floors, even standing in the doorway of the rooms smoking. We were extremely disappointed and would stay in a car before coming back.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank richardcash

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so sorry that your room had stained floors and bed covers. I am so sorry for the other guests smoking in their doors and on walkways. We are very sorry for your experience. We will take your comments and continue to work on reminding guests to smoke away from the building as well as ensuring that housekeeping is rotating out old linens.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at spg@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I booked a room here for a weekend of a Duck football game when all the hotels around campus were already booked. The outside of the hotel looks clean and professional, and you won't find a better deal, price-wise. But you get what you pay for. I would not stay here again. We were in a non-smoking room, but found an ashtray in the kitchen sink, and the smoke detector had been tampered with. The room smelled like smoke and mold, which was overwhelming when we walked in. The room felt dirty. We kept our shoes on because we were concerned about our bare feet on the carpet.
Housekeeping doesn't clean your room when you're only in for 2 days, so you have to pick-up towels from the front desk for day #2. The TV looked like it was from 1990, with maybe 15 channels available. We were SO glad to check-out at the end of the weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank C M
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I went to Eugene for a Ducks game and by the time I booked my hotel, this was about the only place available so I didn't have much choice. Many of the reviews seemed ok so I thought I'd give it a try. I booked it for 2 nights but left after the first night. I found another hotel and didn't really care what it cost, I wasn't staying at the Crossland one more night by myself.

I stopped in at 11am to check in, realizing I was probably too early. They said no rooms were clean yet, which was fine, and to come back in an hour. I came back at 4:30 and there were still no rooms clean. Really? At 4:30 you had NO clean rooms??

I noticed the window in the lobby had a couple locking bar things on it which wasn't too welcoming. The doors to the rooms are dinged up and paint scratched. The general state of the outside is just kind of old and worn.

My room was tiny, big gash in one wall. The TV was tiny, no flat screens here, lol. My bathroom stunk like urine. I didn't even want to walk on the carpet in bare feet. I saw another comment about people living there long term which seemed to be the case. There were beer boxes and cans littering the area, ashtrays on the walkway outside the rooms. I was treated to my neighbors beside me partying until about 2am and the people above me clog dancing (not really, it just sounded like that...) half the night too. The bed was rock hard.

Frankly I was kind of surprised the next morning that my car hadn't been broken into.

Yes, it's convenient to the mall but definitely not worth staying here just for that.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BackyardGardener
Reviewed 4 September 2013

we stayed over on a six week trip from Texas via Yellowsone,California and back. This stay was the best value by far . We had to stay another night in Springfield due to car trouble and we went back to Crossland without thinking twice. The location is also very good and all shops we needed were within a short drive.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sakkie g
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have never been disappointed with our visits to this property. Great front desk personnel, friendly and ready to serve. Rooms are always clean, neat and like a little studio apartment. Good internet connection and tv channels good for me but 3 year old twins wish there were more kids channels. Beds are great!! Two senior citizens with bad backs get a great nights sleep. This is always our first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PeprZ
Reviewed 27 August 2013

After a long drive, I was greeted by a professional and friendly clerk. The rooms were clean and well kept. I booked this hotel on my return remembering the service I received on my previous visit. I was not disappointed as I was greeted by the same clerk and received the same great service at the front office. John Hutchinson should teach hospitality for all hotels.

Room Tip: The Mexican Restaurant across the street had great flavor at an excellent price!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield
#9 of 14 in Springfield
Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield
4 mi away
Americas Best Value Inn Eugene

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!