“It is what it is, for the price”

Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
“It is what it is, for the price”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I checked in for just one night. The exterior is in great shape parking is convenient. The first room I was given was next to office, and I could already tell there is to much traffic for me to relax. It had a horrible odor, very musty. I immediately asked if I could switch to a different room due to smell and traffic. The front desk was very polite, I have never asked to do anything like that before, and felt bad. The next room was around the back, and much quieter, only noise was from upstairs running around. This room still had a musty smell but not as bad. Oddly I couldn't find a remote for TV. Called front desk, wasn't a big deal but didn't want them thinking i took it and charged for it. She was again very polite and had a universal someone found in laundry room. It wasn't for the TV, but she gave me a programing sheet, and worked fine. In the morning I was stoked to have some coffee... again missing parts to coffee maker. LOL the plastic coffee grind holder part was no where to be found. No coffee for me. The lack of exhaust fans in bathroom doesn't help with the musty smells. Possibly having the carpets shampooed more often as well. The little things mater if these kind of things were addressed I'm sure they could charge 15-20% more per room. Even with issues I would probably stay here again if needed to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank accationalcoasttrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
DC
Reviewed 13 April 2014

There were stains on the walls, the carpet was so dirty it made my socks turn gray! Only one burner on the stove top worked. There were cigarette ashes in the drinking glasses in the cupboard. There was an odor of I don't know what, went next door to the dairy mart and bought a can of Lysol, and used about half the can hosing down the room. Judging from what I saw passing by other guest rooms that had their doors open, this was the norm. Looks like the owners are just letting this property deteriorate into ruin. I've stayed at the Extended Stay chain a number of times over the years and have never seen anything like this. Just Gross, if you are short on cash stay at the 6 or Red Roof or something. Give this one a pass!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ktnrunner

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Springfield
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Every time we come to spring field we stay here. The people are nice and they actually are very friendly unlike other places in spring field. The rooms have always been clean and there shower pressure is fantastic. I met a young man named Cornell and every time he went out of his way to be helpful and we appreciate that. If you're looking for a good place to stay in spring field or Eugene stay here. This is definitely our choice when we come to town.MY name is will and I approved this comment.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank golfer8888
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here September 2013 to February 2013. This hotel gave us a really good rate for our extended stay. the room has a kitchenette with cook ware, utensils, microwave,stove top,small coffee maker and small refrigerator. The bathroom only has a shower. The beds are comfortable depending on how soft you like the bed you may want to purchase mattress pad if your going to stay here longer than a month.{ i would suggest to manger to get pillow covers and mattress covers to help protect them from germs and dust mites etc..} Some rooms have been updated with flat screens and wood look alike flooring some rooms have outdoor indoor carpet and old TVs.There are not many tv channels here to choose from. There are smoking rooms available if you smoke but if you don't make sure you request non~smoking when making reservations. The hotel is pet friendly and provides doggie poo bags so make sure you clean up after your pet. The office staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Thank you Cornell for always smiling and having the best attitude in the world. Alex, Renee and Jessica are awesome. The new manger Todd is so friendly and makes you feel right at home. The cleaning ladies are all awesome to! The grounds are kept clean, the rooms are clean there is a laundry mat on site and safe place to stay. If your a light sleeper stay on third floor so you cant hear people walking or stomping above you.( AND if your room is on second or third floor please be kind and not stomp or walk hard, be mindful of others below you)( if you have kids request a first floor room) Great black out curtains, clean liens OVERALL a great value and place to stay. If your staying more than a month you can get a better rate.(ask for long term rate in office) The hotel is is a really great location, few blocks from gateway mall, wal-mart and target and several food places. Walk right out the door to catch the bus. My advice to everyone planning on staying here, if your having a really bad day don't come here and take it out on the staff, don't be rude to them and don't steal anything out of the rooms or leave the room damaged.

Room Tip: bring box fan to block out noise if staying more than a month bring air purifier and humidifier.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Gold Beach, Oregon
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have been here for over a month and especially for the price it is an absolute great value! The staff are all extremely helpful and try to help with all of my needs! My room is clean! I have lived in three different rooms during the time and all three of them have bed very clean with comfortable beds! They are constantly trying to make sure that you are happy and very comfortable during your stay here! I would like to especially thank Rene, Ben, Alex, and Cornelle who have gone above and beyond to make my stay here pleasant!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Kelly N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Kelly - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel to be a great value and that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. We are also pleased to read your wonderful comments about our staff, especially Rene, Ben, Alex and Cornelle.

Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Rooms were dirty, dust all over, hair on the shower floor, some brown smudge on the toilet seat. Pillow was like a brick, it felt like a bunch of towels were folded and stuffed in the cover, extremely uncomfortable. My fear is that the employees could be offered better incentives, like training and education, like a solid raise, or some profit share (that might make them invested in the facility). Heck, there was a condom wrapper on the floor outside and a bunch of seedy types coming and going. This place needs a revamp, and a new reputation, right now it is a one star hotel... MAAAAYBE a 1.5 star. Ladies up front were pleasant enough, but really... so what? Management and ownership of this hotel are the ones who need to get their act together.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that you had encountered such issues during your stay. I am very sorry for your experience, and apologize for it. As a new manager here cleanliness is very important to me and I am working to make the improvements needed at this property.

Please contact me at spg@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Hotel and staff were all good, biggest shock was the small print on the online reservation that noted there would be extra fees and taxes. That was very true--my bill was about 30% higher than I had expected! Kitchen was good, microwave, stove top, coffee maker, etc. Minimal cooking items, but sufficient for my needs. Nice touch to include a small pack of dishwashing soap. Facilities were well maintained, but a little "tired". Bed, TV and room all fine. The shower gap between the floor and shower stall could use fresh caulk, but I understand challenges of upkeep in the Pacific Northwest.

Room Tip: I was glad to be in the middle--away from the busy road and heavily trafficed stairs. Also, a perk...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for ensuring you were taken care of and comfortable during your stay. Also, I am pleased that you found our kitchens and amenities to be an added value.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to stay again with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Best Western New Oregon
Best Western New Oregon
#12 of 35 in Eugene

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!