“It Was Scary and Loud”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
SWOregon
“It Was Scary and Loud”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was paid for by our health insurance and even then it was too high of a price. Next time I'll stay in the hospital room with my daughter and the lights and nurses and beeping heart monitors.
At 11:00 people were standing outside my room on the balcony talking and laughing loudly. The only reason I didn't give it a terrible is that that front desk person did come upstairs and tell them they were too loud.
The walls were scuffed, the shower was dirty and there were scary people walking around the parking lot. I didn't feel secure or safe. I was there to rest while my husband did night watch at the hospital. Next time I'll sleep in the waiting room.

Room Tip: Go on Priceline or Hotwire and pick a 3 star. Avoid this place at all costs!! As far as I can tell t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TravelJem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family felt unsafe during our one night stay as we experienced someone being abused next door. We heard people yelling and throwing items against the wall and heavy footsteps. We reported the incident to the front desk the next day as we feared for our safety. WE FELT LIKE WE WERE STAYING IN A " GHETTO" APARTMENT. In addition, the problems already started upon arrival, as we opened the door to our room, to our dismay discovering the previous customers belongings still in the room ( abandoned and unclean ). We reported it immediately to the front desk as we waited another 20 minutes for another room. Finally, as we opened the room to our "newly" appointed room we came to a decision that we did not have any time to reserve another hotel room at another facility as our schedule prevented us from doing so. Therefore, we stayed the night unbeknownst to what was about to behold us that night. Never Again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 17splash

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed 26 April 2014

After a number of delayed flights leading a 4 hour later than expected arrival, I was extremely glad I had to decided to stay here instead of driving for two more hours. I didn't notice anything particularly bad. My room was clean and comfortable, there was wireless internet, and the front desk staff was friendly. If necessary, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gittinsj
Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I checked in for just one night. The exterior is in great shape parking is convenient. The first room I was given was next to office, and I could already tell there is to much traffic for me to relax. It had a horrible odor, very musty. I immediately asked if I could switch to a different room due to smell and traffic. The front desk was very polite, I have never asked to do anything like that before, and felt bad. The next room was around the back, and much quieter, only noise was from upstairs running around. This room still had a musty smell but not as bad. Oddly I couldn't find a remote for TV. Called front desk, wasn't a big deal but didn't want them thinking i took it and charged for it. She was again very polite and had a universal someone found in laundry room. It wasn't for the TV, but she gave me a programing sheet, and worked fine. In the morning I was stoked to have some coffee... again missing parts to coffee maker. LOL the plastic coffee grind holder part was no where to be found. No coffee for me. The lack of exhaust fans in bathroom doesn't help with the musty smells. Possibly having the carpets shampooed more often as well. The little things mater if these kind of things were addressed I'm sure they could charge 15-20% more per room. Even with issues I would probably stay here again if needed to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank accationalcoasttrip
DC
Reviewed 13 April 2014

There were stains on the walls, the carpet was so dirty it made my socks turn gray! Only one burner on the stove top worked. There were cigarette ashes in the drinking glasses in the cupboard. There was an odor of I don't know what, went next door to the dairy mart and bought a can of Lysol, and used about half the can hosing down the room. Judging from what I saw passing by other guest rooms that had their doors open, this was the norm. Looks like the owners are just letting this property deteriorate into ruin. I've stayed at the Extended Stay chain a number of times over the years and have never seen anything like this. Just Gross, if you are short on cash stay at the 6 or Red Roof or something. Give this one a pass!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ktnrunner
Springfield
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Every time we come to spring field we stay here. The people are nice and they actually are very friendly unlike other places in spring field. The rooms have always been clean and there shower pressure is fantastic. I met a young man named Cornell and every time he went out of his way to be helpful and we appreciate that. If you're looking for a good place to stay in spring field or Eugene stay here. This is definitely our choice when we come to town.MY name is will and I approved this comment.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank golfer8888
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here September 2013 to February 2013. This hotel gave us a really good rate for our extended stay. the room has a kitchenette with cook ware, utensils, microwave,stove top,small coffee maker and small refrigerator. The bathroom only has a shower. The beds are comfortable depending on how soft you like the bed you may want to purchase mattress pad if your going to stay here longer than a month.{ i would suggest to manger to get pillow covers and mattress covers to help protect them from germs and dust mites etc..} Some rooms have been updated with flat screens and wood look alike flooring some rooms have outdoor indoor carpet and old TVs.There are not many tv channels here to choose from. There are smoking rooms available if you smoke but if you don't make sure you request non~smoking when making reservations. The hotel is pet friendly and provides doggie poo bags so make sure you clean up after your pet. The office staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Thank you Cornell for always smiling and having the best attitude in the world. Alex, Renee and Jessica are awesome. The new manger Todd is so friendly and makes you feel right at home. The cleaning ladies are all awesome to! The grounds are kept clean, the rooms are clean there is a laundry mat on site and safe place to stay. If your a light sleeper stay on third floor so you cant hear people walking or stomping above you.( AND if your room is on second or third floor please be kind and not stomp or walk hard, be mindful of others below you)( if you have kids request a first floor room) Great black out curtains, clean liens OVERALL a great value and place to stay. If your staying more than a month you can get a better rate.(ask for long term rate in office) The hotel is is a really great location, few blocks from gateway mall, wal-mart and target and several food places. Walk right out the door to catch the bus. My advice to everyone planning on staying here, if your having a really bad day don't come here and take it out on the staff, don't be rude to them and don't steal anything out of the rooms or leave the room damaged.

Room Tip: bring box fan to block out noise if staying more than a month bring air purifier and humidifier.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Best Western New Oregon
Best Western New Oregon
#13 of 35 in Eugene

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!