“Month long stay”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Month long stay”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

When I checked in I was moved to 5 different rooms until they found one that worked completely, some the AC was broken, or the toilet, and/or the stove. When I finally got in the room it was dated with dirty carpet and dirty walls. I was disappointed with the room and the lack of amenities. I went out to the store and bought Clorox and bleach before I used the bathroom or took a shower. Once my month is up I do not plan on staying here and will be looking for another place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hayward, California, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

If I could rate this “0” out of 5 I would. We were in the Springfield area for a family reunion and we searched a place that everyone to stay at, 13 to 15 rooms total. I am a yelper and researched this motel on YELP and Crossland Economy Studios was rated 2 out of 5 stars. So I brought it up to my family, they contacted the establishment, and they were guaranteed that the place was under renovation, the place is cleaned up, and our family members would get upgraded rooms. After driving 11 hours and checked in, we were not given upgraded rooms (in fact the rooms we were given had missing drawers and smelled awful my cousin wanted to puke. The next room that we checked into was a little better then the dump we went into first. The only upgrades we could see was painted walls and a small flat screen, no closets, just racks built into the walls but yet, NO HANGERS, worn out stained carpet, and smelt of cigarettes and mildew. The towel at the sink had a public hair on it and there was only 1/3 roll of toilet paper in the bathroom with no replacement. There were two of us checked in and there were only 2 small thin worn out towels and two small wash cloths. When we called down to the office for more towels they told us we needed to bring to used ones down to get more (who does that). The shower had mildew in it and was very slippery. The next morning when we called for another roll of toilet paper and very rues man named Alex said we had to come down and get it ourselves (my cousin was in the restroom and I was in my pj’s and on crutches), really? The next day and in order to get though the next 3 nights (we checked in on a Thursday night and checked out on Monday morning) we were going to be there, we went to target, got our own toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, and freshener to make the room smell decent. It was very dirty on the outside cigarette buds everywhere (outside everyone’s doors and elevator, even though there isn’t suppose to be any smoking within 10 feet of the motel), over flowed trash cans on every floor on every floor near the elevator, and the elevator was never cleaned while we were there (accumulated garbage and dental floss picks on the floor, etc). This place is not meant for people traveling into town for vacation looking for a place to stay especially with children), this place is meant for people who do not have a place to live and rent it by the week (which was very apparent by the people staying and hanging out there), hence the rooms are only cleaned once a week. I also will be contacting extended stay America to let them know what condition this place was in.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms, DO NOT STAY HERE!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina A

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

If you like cigarette butts strewn outside your room where it states no smoking. If you like your car hit with tomatoes in the middle of the night why it is parked outside the main office. If you like paper thin towels then this could be the place for you. Steer clear of this place.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brenda B
Raleigh,NC
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Let's just say I ended up here due to circumstances beyond my control (it's near the hospital).

Let's just say I would never end up back here due to circumstances in my control or otherwise again.

That being said, a night was survived here relatively unscathed. (there is a bit of haunting of the gross factor lingering).

To say we were tired when we checked in is an understatement, so at first it looked not horrible, although the room smelled like stale smoke. Then we left and got a quick bite at a nearby Cafe Yumm, and when we returned we started to notice the warts. Smoke detector dangling from the ceiling, what looked like blood stains on the back of the comforter on one bed, stains like someone had sprayed a can of beer or something on the wall by the door, frayed carpet by the kitchen area with broken glass.

Had to check out pretty early in the morning, and the office was locked, than realized there was a side window. Creepy!

Under any other circumstance we would have been out of there and in search of something else. Cannot recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori R
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We arrived in Eugene and unfortunately it coincided with an international event- hence no accommodation, except this place. It wasn't so much the dirtiness of the place, what is not mentioned is there are permanent residents staying in the same building and there are probably 3-4 people sharing a room, they don't work and I'd say they have a few habits that are illegal. On the morning we departed the cops and the fire services arrived and attended an incident a few doors down from our room. I noticed a sign on the wall as we were leaving advising guests to leave all valuables locked in their car! Say no more. Good luck if you stay here.

Room Tip: No advice accept perhaps at the front of the building
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Second time to stay at hotel for longer than 30 days. The first three weeks we were here police were there everyday sometimes two to three times a day. U.S marshals were there once to pick up two wanted people. Child welfare was there several times to check on kids and take a few away. I seen drug deals going on and people walking around at 330 am when I walked my dog. The rooms have no air flow so unless you keep window open with fan in it to bring in outside air in, the room has bad smell. If you need towels or clean sheets you need to be in office before 9 am to get them. The kitchen is has basic items to get you by if your cooking in room. There are very few tv channels and most are sports channels, the Internet is slow. My Room was way cleaner than the last time I checked in. You can hear people outside and walking above you so bring a fan to block out noise. Hotel is located in walking distance to servant stores and safe neighborhood. Outside of hotel is well maintained. They accept pets and provide poo bags. Very helpful front office staff and great maintenance guy. If you are coming into town for short or long term stay candlewood suites will be opening in September 2014.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Where to start...at the beginning I suppose.

Let me first say that I have stayed previous summers at this hotel and had zero problems. This summer, there have been nothing but problems. When I checked in, the AC unit was not working properly. The maintenance person said the control board was bad (just by looking at the unit with their eyes and not doing anything to the unit) and that they should have some within a week. Well, this is the end of my third week and still they say "we haven't received the boards." So..just a guess here...might there be a room that is not being rented for 32 nights that has a working control board that could have been switched out for this one?
The wireless access for "free Internet" is throttled at around 0.75 Mbps. It has never been throttled before. Getting pages to load is a pain. And I do quite a bit of emailing with students given that I am teaching a course for the University of Oregon.
Housekeeping seems to think the customers are here for their convenience. This attitude will lose you a lot of business. What do I mean by thinking the customers are here for their convenience? Well, let's see. The first day they were supposed to clean my room the person knocks on my door at about 2:30 in the afternoon to clean it and starts with "I don't have any towels". So, I say come back when you have towels. They knock at my door about 5 minutes later and ask if they could clean the room the next day (Saturday). As I was going to be gone the entire day of Saturday, I said sure. I came back Sunday, the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and someone came to clean the room. Again, they had no towels. I went to the office to complain and the office had towels. Amazing. So then the next week comes and my cleaning day is again on Friday. This time it is a holiday (July 4). They knock on my door and wake me up before 10:30 am. I ask them to come back. They actually do come back and clean the room later that day.So now we are to week 3 of my slightly over 4 week stay. I arrive to the room about 1 PM to find the room not cleaned. I go to the office and let them know that I will be out of my room for 30 to 45 minutes (I know they don't like the guest in the room when they clean) and that this would be a good time to clean the room. I tell the person who is in charge of housekeeping (so far as I understand it as the manager on duty was right there and told me that was the person I needed to let know.) I get back from lunch about 45 minutes later and the room is still not cleaned. Housekeeping knocks on my door about 2:30 and says they are here to clean my room and that while they have sheets, they have no towels. I say "well, I kinda need towels" the person says "Ok, I will come back when I have towels." so about an hour or hour and a half later they come back and knock on the door and they are here to clean my room..except this time they have no flat sheet for the bed so will that be ok? I say "No, I kinda need a flat sheet on the bed" So the person asks "can I just come back tomorrow to clean the room?" I say "No, the room is supposed to be cleaned today" The person comes back a while later and it's a miracle..they have all the stuff they need..but they have to throw me out of the room because they can't be in the room when I am in the room. I am majorly annoyed because I tried to avoid this situation. I proactively told the head of housekeeping when the room would be vacant. (As if the room having been vacant while I was at work from 7:30 am to 1 PM wasn't enough time to let them clean the room)
I could have lived with the hookers and the drugs going on around here (the black cars arriving and making deliveries aren't delivering pizzas) since other customers tend to leave me alone...but that on top of all of this makes it to where I seriously doubt I will ever stay at one of your hotels ever again.

Sorry to be so negative, but I thought you should be aware of the situation.

J.G.
Mesa, AZ

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank J G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Village Inn
Village Inn
#9 of 14 in Springfield
Best Western Greentree Inn

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!