“Great hotel”

Courtyard Eugene Springfield
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great experience at this hotel. Rooms are updated and very nicely appointed. Beautiful and very clean! Hotel staff professional and extremely friendly. Food service in cafe excellent

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Eugene Springfield

Reviewed 18 August 2011

This hotel has to have one of the friendliest staffs of any hotel I've stayed in. EVERYONE from the front desk staff to the housekeepers said hello and asked how we were. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and nice looking. I was a little frustrated with the coffee situation as I am an addict. I read in the hotel booklet that there was coffee in the lobby, but didn't find it until we were leaving. It's tucked around in the business/computer area so I didn't see it. I paid for Starbucks coffee which I wouldn't have done had I known about the free coffee.

There are several places to eat nearby and gas stations to fuel up so it's a perfect stopping point if you're on the road.

I'd recommended to folks on a road trip who want a comfortable place to stay with plenty of food choices and nearby gas.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed there after spending a weekend on the McKenzie river and before continuing our trip to the Redwoods. We greatly appreciated the cleaniness and convinienceness of the rooms. We were able to conveniently catch up on email as we had free wi-fi, plus there were power outlets everywhere so we were able to recharge everything! I also noticed that people could print their boarding passes for free in the lobby. Indeed, service was fantastic and this made our stay very enjoyable! I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure as it has everything and it's also nicely decorated.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Recently remodeled. Standard Courtyard beds. Flat screen tv. Free wireless with decent speed. Full length mirror in rooms. Small bathroom/sink counter. Pool was a little murky. Mini fridge was cold and clean. AC/heater unit, not controlled by wall thermostat. 2 floors, large layout. Convenient to I-5 and most major roads in Eugene. Will stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Price was good
pay for breakfast was fresh made by pleasant staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Springfield/Eugene Oregon for two nights on a business trip. The king room was spacious with a sofa, plenty of light, and a nice desk area. In room movies were available which have been eliminated in many hotels. The bathroom had a separate sink area from the tub and toilet which is nice. The lobby had been recently remodeled and was quite contemporary - a good place for a drink and gathering area. The staff was helpful and friendly. We especially liked the location which is only 8 miles from both the airport and downtown area. We rented a car so we had no problem. There is a an abundance of restaurants within walking distance and a shopping mall with two movie theaters about a mile from the hotel. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2011

When I travel for business, I will always seek out a Courtyard first. They consistently provide the perfect setting for business needs. However, the Eugene location is unequivocally the worst personal service I have ever experienced...The front desk had no interest in troubleshooting a problem, even after I indicated an interest in setting up a business agreement for consistent travel. When I think of customer service, I think, "What can we do for you to make you feel welcome?" What I got from this location, was, "This is the way we do things here. Deal with it." The front desk help was trying to be accommodating, but the manager on staff had no interest in solving a problem. Immediate red flag. I felt sorry for the person who was trying to work on the problem, but it was clear who made the decisions. It was ludicrous.

The location was clean and well cared for. For $149 a night (very expensive for a local business with interest in continued stays), I found it odd that everything cost extra. The only complimentary service was coffee.

I would not recommend this location for business travel or for local businesses that want to establish a relationship with one location for business associates or guests. Period.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
GMEUGCY, General Manager at Courtyard Eugene Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to post a review. Your experience at our hotel is surprising and of course, unacceptable. We will be sure to address these concerns with the appropriate staff as best we can based on the information you provided. I would love the opportunity to speak with you more directly regarding the “manager” involved as well as your interest in a business agreement for other travel needs. The Courtyard brand prides itself on serving corporate travelers and we are no exception. In addition I would like to point out that we offer complimentary parking and wi-fi to all our guests, any additional feedback on what complimentary services you missed would be helpful.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback and I personally apologize for the lack of service you received. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn it back very soon.
Darren Wilson, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Hilton Eugene
Hilton Eugene
#4 of 38 in Eugene

Been to Courtyard Eugene Springfield? Share your experiences!