“Great followup”

GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey
“Great followup”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the courtyard, but more important the followup was impressive. We left some items at the motel, called and asked them to check. They called us later that day and said they would send them out. A few days later a package arrived and we got back our items. Another good Marriot service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed here a few times for business recently and both times the service was great. The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. My only issue is the location.. Kind of a truck stop neighborhood off the 5, with many fast food chains and other hotels. If your looking for a good meal, make your way down to 5th st in Eugene.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Surfergirl2020
SanAntonio
Reviewed 11 October 2011

so, it is a Courtyard in a plain Jane part of Eugene. Not a great location, so I wasn't expecting much as others made the travel plans for me. The staff was so outstanding that I had to seek out the manager to share how pleased I was. Every person, down to the houskeeping staff GAVE A DAMN about every customer I saw them come in contact with. It was not phony BS, the culture of this place must have it engrained in them that the customer comes first and should be treated like a guest. Nothing over the top, just straightforward, excellent service. I honestly had better service and the staff here had better people skills than any 5star hotel I have been in. The place was clean and comfortable, and the Eugene/Springfieldweather was beautiful. The place has been recently updated and renovated and the management apparently has decided to make this very ordinary hotel in a very ordinary loaction, a hidden gem in the Northwest. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I am a professional business woman who stays at a hotel at least twice per week all over the world. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had in ANY hotel. The front desk clerk Barbara was discriminatory and completely unprofessional. We had a room booked there for three nights(as marriott rewards members). 4 of us came back from a concert at around 11 pm and within 5 minutes our room was called and we were asked to be quiet. We decided to leave the hotel immediately and visit some friends in town.
We then returned around 1:30 am and to be respectful towards the other guests, we hung out in the Lobby for a little while so we can talk and not wake anyone up. Thats what people do when they havent seen each other in 5 years. Barbara had suggested we can do that.

So, 3 of us were hanging out in the lobby having quiet conversation, except my girlfriend who was tired and decided to stay in the room BY HERSELF to sleep. Barbara's plan was to get us all out of the room, and next thing we know, Barbara had 3 security officers go to the room where my girlfriend was BY HERSELF and tell her she had 10 minutes to pack up all her stuff and leave the premises. SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE IN THE ROOM. We never even entered the room to create noise and here Barbara was, kicking us out for a noise violation. MY GIRLFRIEND WAS SLEEPING IN THE ROOM. Within the next 10 minutes, they called 3 squad cars because we said we could not pack in 10 minutes. So, we were harassed by the police because Barbara lied to the police and said we were creating problems.
Just for the record, we left peacefully and had no idea where we were going to sleep because all the hotels were sold out. We were then told we could not even get our belongings our of our car(not even a toothbrush) because we were going to be arrested for trespassing.
Never in all my years and frequent weekly stays have I EVER witnessed such unprofessionalism. I feel like she discriminated against us because we were in town for a Deadshow. Yet, all of us are established and responsible professionals. I flew 3000 miles for my one weekend off to enjoy myself.
The Marriott has always been a reliable and wonderful hotel. In fact, I just stayed at one in London this week.
Barbara has no business working at the Marriott. If you do stay there and she is working, be careful because if you look different, you will get judged and mistreated.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank chimechi
'the world
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Located close to Eugene and the University of Oregon, this hotel fit our needs. Clean, good beds, excellent service, laundry room, pool, weight room, Starbucks coffee and lots of standard restaurants nearby for a quick meal made for a pleasant stay while visiting the area. No surprises with this Courtyard that even has a central courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great experience at this hotel. Rooms are updated and very nicely appointed. Beautiful and very clean! Hotel staff professional and extremely friendly. Food service in cafe excellent

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Qualicum Beach BC
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This hotel has to have one of the friendliest staffs of any hotel I've stayed in. EVERYONE from the front desk staff to the housekeepers said hello and asked how we were. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and nice looking. I was a little frustrated with the coffee situation as I am an addict. I read in the hotel booklet that there was coffee in the lobby, but didn't find it until we were leaving. It's tucked around in the business/computer area so I didn't see it. I paid for Starbucks coffee which I wouldn't have done had I known about the free coffee.

There are several places to eat nearby and gas stations to fuel up so it's a perfect stopping point if you're on the road.

I'd recommended to folks on a road trip who want a comfortable place to stay with plenty of food choices and nearby gas.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#2 of 14 in Springfield
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield

Been to Courtyard Eugene Springfield? Share your experiences!