“Convenient and Friendly Hotel”

Courtyard Eugene Springfield
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Huntington Beach, CA
“Convenient and Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 1 April 2005

This is a two story Marriott Courtyard hotel in a very convenient location with typical Marriott competent and friendly service.

My reservation was in order when I checked and I think I was upgraded because I received a king room with a spa. Check-in took about 60 seconds.

My room was number 146 on the ground floor, facing the courtyard. The next time I stay at this property I will request a room on the 2nd (top) floor because of noise from the room above. I think there was a family with kids as they seemed to be jumping around which I could hear until about 9:00 P.M. when all went quiet. I probably noticed this more because I was trying to work and did not have the TV on.

Except for the spa in the bedroom area, it was a pretty typical Courtyard. Instead of the couch that I am used to, there was a very comfortable arm chair and ottoman. The king bed was very comfortable and had 3 down pillows and 1 extra large foam pillow.

The room had complimentary high speed internet access by Guest-Link. I had problems connecting and had to use their tech support. I had the same experience at another property using Guest-Link and prefer STSN which is pretty standard at most Marriott Hotels. I was able to get on-line, but it took almost an hour.

This is one of the original “courtyard style” hotels. My ground floor room had a sliding door opening out onto the courtyard. The hotel has an indoor pool and spa and a small exercise room.

I had the buffet breakfast and it was very good and inexpensive at $7.95. There was a good selection including two kinds of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, do-it-yourself Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, and breads. The service was swift and friendly. The coffee: very good.

One other great thing about this property is the location. It is about ½ mile off I5 and located in an area with a lot of restaurant options. Immediately adjacent to the hotel is an Outback steakhouse that will deliver and charge to your room. Also adjacent are a Denny’s, an I-Hop, Jack In The Box, MacDonald’s, and Sofias, Brew Pub. The Gateway Mall is about ½ mile away with typical stores and a 12 screen cinema.

All in all, I would recommend the Courtyard Springfield/Eugene. When in the area I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank hankmancini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 17 October 2004

Nothing wrong staying here. Rooms were fine. Breakfast is not free but there is a Denny's and IHOP right outside the door. Didn't have any problems other person wrote about regarding ice machine and swimming pool.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#2 of 14 in Springfield
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield

Been to Courtyard Eugene Springfield? Share your experiences!