“Pleasant night” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Victoria, Canada
“Pleasant night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant stay. Spacious, clean, comfortable rooms in a good location with numerous eating establishments close at hand. I stayed with a small dog who was welcomed with a gift of cookies & plastic bags. There are good walking locations for him close by.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kari P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Margaret,
You and your four legged friend are always welcome here with us! We love to have well-behaved canine members of the family visit us when their people come to stay. We hope to see you both again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here for business and was very satisfied with my stay. First of all the hotel is located conveniently close to all sorts of restaurants. Easy access to the Beltline and I-5 freeways.

The room itself was huge. My particular room has two queen beds a sofa and table. Very spacious. Fridge and microwave also included in room. Wi-fi worked really great. And most importantly, the beds were amazing!

The staff was amazing, very attentive and quick with everything.

I will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kari P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Another fan of our beds! Our mattresses are pillow-top Sealys and we have many guests who are very fond of them. Thank for your review of our hotel; we always appreciate guest feedback. We'll see you on your next trip to Springfield!
Tomales, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed "free" based on frequent-patron credits, so we can't evaluate Comfort Suites of Springfield on a value basis. However, I'd say this hotel met our expectations in all major respects. Comfortable, convenient (for our business, anyway) but not fancy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your loyalty to Choice Privleges, we love it when members stay with our hotel. While it is always nice to meet expectations, we hope we have a chance for you to stay again so we can work on exceeding them. While we may not be fancy, our hotel is renovating in the first quarter of 2014 and that may help things look a little more up-to-date. Thanks for reviewing--stay safe on the road!
The Sea Ranch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Bringing and visiting my daughter to the UofO requires a few days stay in Eugene/Springfield area. I have tried several hotels in the area and was very pleased with my recent 5 night stay at the Comfort Inn. Not only does it have a great location close to many shopping amenties (Best Buy, Target, Cabellas, Walmart, Kohls etc.) it is close to the I-5 freeway, and is in a very quiet location. The hotel was extremely clean, the staff was delightful and helpful, and the bed and extra fluffy pillows provided made for comfortable sleeping. I even used the nice laundry facilities due to getting drenched at a Duck football game. Also, loved that I could walk to Starbucks and other local restaurants within a block or two. Will definitely stay here again on my visits to see my daughter.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kari P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for the review! Lots of guests appreciate that we are close enough to be convenient to a lot of local shopping and restaurants while still being back far enough from the main road to be quiet for a great night's sleep. We think it's the perfect balance. We look forward to your next visit to our area!
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

So, I've been staying a LOT at Choice Hotel properties, mostly at Comfort Suites. I've managed to work my way up to "Platinum Elite" status in the Choice Privileges program (20+ room nights in one calendar year) and will most likely hit the top tier of "Diamond Elite" status by the end of this year (40+ nights).

This property is billed as a Platinum property, and from what I've seen, they deserve it! When I first arrived one hot summer day, the front desk personnel promptly offered my son and me a bottle of cold water. While we were checking in, they gave us a little fancy silver box and thanked us for being Choice Gold (at the time) members. The box just contained some commercial miniature candy bars, but the thought is still nice. The desk staff is super friendly and helpful and I've never had to ring a bell for service like at other properties.

My rooms have always been ready on time and clean with nothing missing. The pool is nice and has ALWAYS had clean towels (a common issue at many hotels). Breakfast is your standard carb loaded menu, but at least they have a staff member that actually wipes the tables between uses (doesn't always happen at other properties...kind of nasty). These little details like bottled water, candy treats, pool towels and clean breakfast tables are the little details that set a property apart from even similar properties.

Well, I wanted to give my first five out of five to this property, but I had to go four because of one really unpleasant event here: On my last stay, I was gathering up my belongings and my children right before noon check-out, and a housekeeping staff member (I'm assuming manager or at least supervisor from the clipboard and the fact that she was at the desk a few minutes later using the computer) knocked on our door. I said "we are just getting ready to leave". She impatiently responded "Well, it's almost check-out time, so you need to go" while looking at her watch to emphasize her point. I was put-off by this. When I got to the desk, I wanted to share my experience, and the housekeeper overheard. She then got very defensive and was even more rude to me.

It really is too bad. I feel that the staff and management has worked REALLY hard to make this an exceptional property, and I really want to give this a five rating, but this one experience, coupled with the fact that I have gotten zero response to my follow-up complaint, has left me hesitant to book here again. I'l probably give it another go, and I do recommend this property to anyone, but I hope management has an opportunity to address this at some point. Your staff has been the strongest AND the weakest link in your Platinum chain, and I hope you can clean the one weak link!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Kari P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
ToeKnee--I can adress your biggest concern first by saying that the associate that you felt treated you poorly felt just as badly as you did after the incident you described and came to me to talk about it. She was very embaressed to have caused a problem for a guest and we talked about it and how it could have been better handled that day. We dicussed that no matter how she intended it, the guest felt put out and therefore she needed to re-evaluate what she was saying and how she was saying it. In the past few days, I have personally seen this associate work on these things and make comments that show she is thinking about it and changing how she handles situations. We are so glad you pointed it out to us rather than leave without giving us a chance to coach our staff on how to get better. We try very hard to learn and improve every day.

Thank you for your kind remarks about our breakfast attendants, cleanliness, and front desk staff. It's always nice to feel like the whole picture is being reviewed when a guest talks about our hotel. We hope that at your next opportunity everything about the hotel is a platinum experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed one night while traveling thru Oregon. Very nice place. Comfy beds and great pillows, I inquired about purchasing them online, but the young lady didn't believe they were available. Convenient location to restaurants and shopping mall.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so glad you enjoyed the beds! Comfort Suites as a brand is upgrading their bedding this year and the pillows were a big part of that. We are still waiting to see if they will start offering a retail place to purchase them now that the new and improved pillows are so popular with guests. We will try and keep guests updated as soon as we know more. Thank you for the review!
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

clean, comfortable and convenient. Better than usual breakfast choices. A lot of restaurants super close. Good shopping, getting my daughter Moved into UofO. Will stay here again. Good quality for price.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kari P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thanks for staying with us and reviewing the hotel! We always feel like the highest complement we can get is a guest saying they would stay with us again. We'll see you for your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
#7 of 14 in Springfield
The Valley River Inn
The Valley River Inn
#4 of 34 in Eugene

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!