GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield
US$105
US$322
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewselmer's restaurantroom was cleanamazing priceafter midnightgateway mallwithin walking distancebiscuits and gravyconvenient locationnetflixegresshousekeepingshuttletoasterrepairfreeway
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Pros:
Budget friendly nightly rate
Kitchenettes w/ necessary cooking utensils
Close to the Gateway Mall
Right off I-5 but no traffic noise
Clean

Cons:
I reserved this trip on the shilo.com website using a AAA rate - when I arrived they had my name and reservation but did not have details, such as, nightly rate, bed size, other necessities I had selected on the website. Which was not a problem, but they asked for the nightly rate and then said "oh, you should have called us, you would be paying A LOT less". It was just a bit of a gut punch.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Courtney F, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your encouraging words. I apologize for the comment you received from one of our front desk agents, we are trying our best to train everyone to create positive interactions with our guests that will create lasting impressions. We will always give you the best deal, however, so do not hesitate to call the next time you are in town! We look forward to having you :). I apologize for the late response.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Courtney F, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I should preface this with the following; under normal circumstances: I NEVER use 3d party booking sites, due to the fee$ they fold in, but I got sucked in to a $59 rate for this joint, and since shiloinns.com had $119 rooms available, I pulled the trigger and splurged. after I went over there, I found out that i could have gotten the same room off the street for less.eh, it happens*with that said, they have an OTB parlor for portalnd meadows, as it happens, in oregon, certain off track wagers have to be double the track minimum.this worked out well, actually.the breakfast was a bit under my expectations, but since they host a diner, I understand why they would want to push custom that direction.also, as it happened, during my stay there was a real 'winner' who felt compelled to hanrangue the desk clerk about the lanudrys price whilst shirtless.(they moved him as far to the back of the property as posible)(i apporve of this) with that said, I think Id maybe stay here again, but I dont think Id pay more than $45.) Im not sure if they have swimming facilties.but the OTB also had a very good selection of beer at reasonable prices on draught.-note, hotels.com made good on what I felt was an overcharge, without my even asking them.but thats secondary to the hotel review.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the price of your room, we always do offer lower rates to those who book with us directly but the front desk agent should have informed you of that in a more respectful way. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of and enjoy the bar we have on site, it's a really great place to hang out. We do happen to have a pool but it is outside which makes it seasonal, if you call us to make a reservation over the summer months we will be sure to offer you a rate you are more comfortable with so you can enjoy it.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We just needed a moment to recoup after the Oregon country fair and this was the only hotel that had a room left, so we took it and hoped for the best.
I'd never stay there again. Aside from the fact the hotel needs major upgrades, it's owned by some guy named Mark Hemstreet, who apparently nobody thinks too highly of. But regardless if ownership, this hotel and chain is not recommended. Not even for a free breakfast.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank richard a
Courtney F, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the negative experience you had while staying at the Shilo Inn and Suites in Springfield Oregon. We are currently in progress of updating the hotel. We plan to paint the walls first and then once that is completed we will get new carpets put throughout the hotel. Once those renovations have happened the hotel's ambiance will increase 10 fold. I am however confused by your claim of Mark Hemstreet being the current owner of the hotel, because the owner's name is actually Weishan. I apologize if you received foul treatment from Mark but I want to assure you that he is in no way connected to the Shilo Inn and Suites in Springfield Oregon. I hope you decide to give us a second chance so you can receive the real Shilo Inn and Suites "affordable excellence" treatment!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We've been staying at this Shilo Inn several times a year for about eight years because they had a free shuttle to the airport. It seems that all of our out-going flights are pre-dawn and our in-coming flights are after midnight. We don't want to drive all the way to or from home at that hour, especially in the winter. So, thank you Shilo Inn for all of the rides to the airport. On our last stay we were pleasantly surprised that they even had the breakfast out at 4 AM when we were catching the shuttle to the airport. They also offered us a free upgrade to a suite....very nice!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased to hear you always receive a positive, comfortable experience when staying with us here at the Shilo Inn in Springfield Oregon. We pride ourselves on affordable excellence and strive to ensure every guest leaves our doors with a smile and hopes to return in the near future. We look forward to having you back at the hotel over your next Oregon adventures, our doors are always open no matter what time it is. :)