“Alternative fast food”

Cafe Yumm!
Ranked #8 of 176 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh, delicious, Soul satisfying... Deeply nourishing® food served in a distinctive and relaxed environment. Yumm! Bowls™, chicken, salmon, turkey, sandwiches, soups, and wraps. Vegetarian, vegan, and other special dietary options accommodated.
Springfield, Oregon
“Alternative fast food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Sick and tired of burgers and fried foods, but want something fast. Try Cafe Yumm. Fresh, mostly vegetarian food (but if you are a carnivore, they'll add chicken to the Yumm bowls for you).

I rated this $$ because it is a little more expensive than say, ordering from that place with golden arches - but with good reason; you can identify your food at Cafe Yumm.

Warning: when they call their soups, 'spicy', they're serious!

• Visited March 2014

Atlanta
“My new favorite food!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Living in the southeast, I was not prepared for the great food I would find here. The food tastes very fresh, and the people help "newcomers" determine what would be best to fit their wants. I really miss this place--please expand to Atlanta!!

Visited April 2014
Albany, Oregon
“"Yuck" sauce, more like!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am all for healthy eating, but their "bowls" I can make better at home. All this about a "Yumm" sauce, *cringe*; it had the consistency and taste of something that starts with a C and rhymes with yum. Not for me thanks...

Visited May 2013
Roseburg, Oregon
“Get a YUMM bowl, you will not be disappointed!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I actually dined at the Yumm in the Sacred Heart Medical Center. My wife was in the hospital for surgery, and I saw this restaurant in addition to the hospital cafeteria. The Yumm bowl was great. I had chicken added the first time, but across the several days I was there I had it with Tofu, and just plain. Have to say it was the best "Vegetarian" meal I have had. I didn't miss the meat at all. Purchased some of their salad dressings for at home, and we have enjoyed them all. Wish they expand south to Roseburg some day.

• Visited December 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Must be a Eugene thing...”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

These are all over Eugene - and I'm sure it is a local thing. They serve a variety of "bowls" - specializing in vegetarian fare. Order at the counter and your "bowl" is delivered. On the plus side, it is healthy and fresh. On the other hand, it is not all that inventive, and not all that reasonable. I guess this is what you get when you bring fast food/limited service to vegetarian food.

Visited November 2013