“Nice atmosphere”

Ranked #4 of 175 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Sutherlin, Oregon
“Nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Food was plentiful and very good!! Our server really went out of her way to please us. We have eaten here before and have never been let down.

• Visited February 2014

Vancouver, Washington
“Good place to stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is your typical Elmer's. Good food, service adequate. I have stopped at this location before. For me it is a sweet spot for my first break from Vancouver/Portland area heading South. The facility is tired and could use serious updating, The food delivery was slower than usual? Didn't seem that crowded. But I'm sure I will be back again

Visited June 2014
Cudahy WI
“I'm glad we drove right past the Chinese place and stopped here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

When in Eugene/Springfield we often stop at a favorite Chinese place but on this instance we drove past because I remembered seeing this place and we have never tried it. Boy am I glad we did.

Nothing is perfect and when we walked in I was sort of turned off by the hostess and manager both of whom seemed little interested in seating new guests -- but boy am I glad we ignored that impression because our waitress made up for their preoccupations with other things.

We arrived at lunch time and my wife was looking for a dinner -- so she ordered the pot roast and she was delighted. The Yellow Bowl salad was good, the pot roast was packed with flavor and fork tender, the mashed 'taters were the real thing (not powdered) and the fresh veg were nicely cooked without being mushy. I went for a huge Cobb Salad -- had I known how large it was I might have ordered the smaller version and I have a good appetite. The ingredients were fresh, tasteful, ample, and the dressing was nice. I doubt that the blue cheese salad dressing was house made but it was better than many without excessive flavor of gum and preservatives.

We don't get over to this area often but I'm sure we'll be back again.

• Visited June 2014
St. George, Utah
“pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Have seen several Elmers but never eaten at one before. Went for lunch and ordered a bowl of chowder (Ivar's chowder) and senior order of fish and chips. Wife had breakfast of bacon eggs and potato pancakes. I have eaten many bowls of Ivar's chowder while waiting for the ferry in Seattle and have seen it in grocery stores. It is better than most you will find. Fish cooked perfectly and fries were very good. Wife said eggs were cooked perfectly and bacon was very good. Potato pancakes were served with a little (not enough) sour cream and applesauce and left a little to be desired. Tasted too much like the hash browns they were made from. Overall it was a good meal in a clean facility and we left wondering why it took us this long to give it a try

• Visited June 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stopped for breakfast here and found the service great, the food was delivered in a very timely manner. The prices were average. Well, we think you can't go wrong with Elmer's..

Visited April 2014