“Great hotel excellent staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
new Mexico
“Great hotel excellent staff!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Thanks to the staff at HIE Springfield. We came in the night before a tour of the University of Oregon. Great sleep, super clean hotel, and good breakfast. They let us store our luggage after checkout. Excellent dining ideas and the GM also suggested a hotel on the Oregon coast that was the highlight of our trip - Thanks Jennifer! Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make this a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank nmali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed here for a night and it was a great hotel in a great location. Located right off of I-5, the hotel is nice and comfortable and offers a free hot breakfast. Hop Valley brew pub is located right next door, which is super convenient. I got a very discounted rate on Travelocity, using their secret rates, selecting the 3-star hotel. I'd highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: The top floor is nice and quiet - no one above you!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Plush, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Wish I had gotten a room at the other HI Express in Eugene. This one smelled kind of funky or stale or something...I couldn't put my finger on it. It doesn't have powered entry doors which was a pain when I had to bring my bike and suitcases through both sets of unpowered double doors. I can't imagine how irritating it would be for someone in a wheelchair or walker. Aren't they required to have powered doors for ADA? There also was a dead bug in the shower in my room and the bed was a bit wrinkled. It wasn't bad, certainly better than budget hotels, but not great either compared to other HIEs I've stayed at.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Jennifer H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
I want to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced while you staying at our property. Cleanliness is a top priority here at our hotel, and I am sorry that the room was not up to ours or your standards. I have spoken with our housekeeping staff about the items you mentioned and they will be a special focus moving forward. In regards to the hotels main entrance, we will be installing automatic doors later in the month for many of the reasons you mentioned. Again thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope to see you again soon.

Jennifer Hendricks
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Place was good. Room and property was clean. Breakfast was good.

Location was easy to get to from freeway.

Very good price.

Only complaint was that the bed seemed to be old and ready to be replaced.

Otherwise was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013
Victoria
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This three storey hotel is the first one off the highway with easy access and large parking. It is located next to IHOP and a good brew pub restaurant. The service at the front desk was fast and fiendly. The room was very comfortable with small fridge and microwave. Internet is free and easily accessible. We had a good sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry M
Davis, California
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I am a frequent traveler and most times it is for short stays and this hotel is outstanding for service, friendliness, professionalism and helpfulness. The last two years I have been here with a large group of teenagers for the Covered Bridge regatta in Lowell.
The staff treated us with terrific courtesy and there was no sign of horror as 50 guests arrived at once, the majority of whom were tired and teens.
All our requests were listened to and accommodated if possible.
Breakfast was varied- we have vegetarians, gluten free and diabetic memebers all of whom could eat without asking for special menus.
Toni who we saw two early mornings (5.45am) was friendly and very busy keeping the restaurant full of food. She made me a pot of coffee to take away without a murmur of protest.
The front desk did as well on the other day.
I met two or three other members of staff and they were all friendly and made you feel the most important.
The rooms were terrific ..we had ground floor, near the facilities and overlooking the car park and slept like logs..no disturbance. The beds and lines were clean and plentiful. i have stayed in higher graded hotels 4* + whose rooms were less clean and roomy.
This is a perfect hotel when it is your base.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Springfield, IL
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The hotel was clean and we found the rooms spacious and comfortable. The breakfast that was served was delicious and good for starting off your day. The pool was warm and comfortable.

The only problem we had at the hotel was a noise factor that I truly hate to blame on the hotel, but nonetheless I am because the staff would not move the troublemakers. We were on the first floor, so we expect there would be noise. However, there were three children (we were able to locate the family that was staying there as we were there for 5 days and they were there for 3 of those days). The children apparently stayed in the room above us without the parents. This we concluded as we talked to the parents after trying to settle the issue through the hotel staff.

The hotel staff expected us to pack up and move to another room instead of moving the people who were causing the trouble. There were hours and hours on end of obvious jumping, running and even probably jumping off of beds. The pattern of the movements was NOT normal walking or unpacking, etc.

The hotel staff said they talked to them, but it only worsened. After offering to move us, and we declined, they offered us a gift of a bottle of beer and gourrmet pretzles. Perhaps they felt if we were full and drunk we would fall asleep and not notice the noise as much? (I do jest.)

However, I told them I would be talking to the occupants myself, which I did in a kind and tactful manner. The occupants claimed to only be laying on the beds watching tv, however, the parents were not in the room with them.

Again, the noise worsened.

The room we were in was convenient to the back door and since I have a disability made it very easy for us to come and go. Moving would have taxed me and caused more issues for us. It is very sad better arrangements couldn't have been made as this family caused many noise issues every time they were there.

I do feel we will stay in another hotel the next visit, and we will be there again as my daughter lives in the area, instead of risking having to deal with the lack of appropriate responses next time. It is truly a shame since we felt the rooms were very good for our needs and the set up was great and location convenient.

Room Tip: It seemed all rooms would be good as long as there were staff willing to help when complaints were v...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We have taken note of your comments regarding the noise level from the room above you and how our staff assisted with the situation and have shared these comments with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

We appreciate your loyalty and wish to thank you for your candid feedback.

Jennifer Hendricks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Courtyard Eugene Springfield
Courtyard Eugene Springfield
#7 of 14 in Springfield
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Springfield? Share your experiences!