“Amazing stay!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
New Jersey
“Amazing stay!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We pulled into the lot of the hotel. I was very impressed with its exterior. It appeared to have been newly remodeled. The entrance was so inviting. As I walked into the foyer there was a beautiful lounge with fireplace. I approached the front Desk and was greeted by a young lady, Mckenzie. She was so sweet. She welcomed us to the hotel. She told me all about the amenities. She was very informative. I expressed to her how Me my husband and my four children had been on the road and we were road tripping cross-country and this was one of many stopovers. We originally had 2 queen bed room booked. Mckenzie understand of our needs and offered us the Family Suite at no extra charge being that we were Choice Privilege Gold members. I had no idea what we were getting and graciously excepted. I had mentioned that we hadn't had anything to eat and Mckenzie suggested a few budget options for us as well as she gave us coupons for area restaurants. She encouraged us to try out a local place called
HOP VALLEY BREWING COMPANY.
She gave me my keys to the room and We got all the stuff out of the car and headed to our room.This was such an enjoyable stay. Mckenzie made sure we had enough pillows and blankets as well as I needed milk late at night and she was so helpful in getting it from the kitchen without a hassle. The rooms were fresh and super clean.
After being on the road for such a long time it was nice to know that all our needs were met. The pillows and beds were super comfortable The bedding was clean and soft that we slept with such ease. This hotel is a great place to go with families. The staff went out of there way to make sure our night was enjoyable. Oh and the Restaurant she suggested, The food and staff were amazing.

Room Tip: Family Suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. I want to thank you for your compliments about our hotel and our amazing staff. We are very delighted to hear that our front desk staff went above and beyond to assist you. Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the Best,
Alaina Harrison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Kent
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Although we had a good experience in April, we didn't for this stay Nov 12, 2012. The first room assigned to us was 5 doors down from the ice machine but you could still hear the ice machine through the closed door! Sounded like a truck left running in the hall - I've never heard a machine that noisy. Hotel gave us a room farther down the hall - in this room, the heater didnt' work. They gave us the room next to that which had a strong, chemical smell (carpet recently cleaned perhaps?) and there was no shower curtain. Very poor maintenance and upkeep.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Front desk service at check in was poor: the girl wouldn't even make eye contact with me and was a bit curt, which was not appreciated.
Cleanliness was moderate: drip stains on toilet, blood stains on curtains.
Room condition was also moderate: the flooring at the bathroom door frame was broken and lifting up, the carpet was lumpy.
Good stuff: reasonably decorated, very good amenities, excellent rate.
I would probably stay here again but I wouldn't be very excited about it.

• Stayed November 2012
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
To Our Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I’m so sorry to hear about your unfortunate check in experience, it is certainly not acceptable to have a curt check in process. I would very much like to speak with you personally to figure out who on our staff treated you this way. Also I have already spoken with my Executive housekeeper to triple check all of curtains for any stains and toilet drips. It is certainly not our standard to let these things get by us. I am glad you enjoyed our other amenities and I hope we get the chance to wow you with our customer service and terrific property on your next trip into the area. Again, if you find a free moment I would love to speak with you regarding your stay.

(541) 746-0465
alainar@inncline.com
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by my experience at this hotel. From the warm greeting, surprise upgrade, and hearty breakfast, I was treated as if I were staying at a four star hotel. And the value was unprecedented as well. I spend 60 nights a year on the road, and this hotel was a surprise treat. I will be back in a couple of weeks!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
To Our Valued Guest
Thank you so much for your very kind words about our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests and feedback such as yours will be shared with our entire staff as a reinforcement to continue on with their hard work. Our hotel is a bit older than some in the area but we strive everyday to make sure each and every guest has a stay better than what they might expect, our goal is to not meet your expectations, but exceed them. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back into the area soon.

Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel is an older hotel, however the rooms were clean and the service is wonderful.
The best part about this hotel is the complimentary breakfast served every morning. One could chose from scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, toast, muffins, yogurt, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
To Our Valued Guest
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests and feedback such as yours will be shared with our entire staff as a reinforcement to continue on with their hard work. I am so glad you found our breakfast enjoyable and I hope we were able to set you up with a great start to your busy day. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back into the area in the future.

seattle
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and had to switch rooms because the room smelled like dog urine so bad. Even though the room was supposed to be "pet free", they said people sneak their dogs in and that there was nothing they could do about it. They switched us to a different room, and although this room didn't smell like dog urine, the bathroom was filthy. Black mold growing all over the top of the shower so bad, it actually made the whole bathroom smell terrible. The floors were sticky, and the carpets in the bedroom area were filthy. There is definitely a lack of cleanliness going on in this hotel. I would never recommend this place to a friend and will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our housekeeping department. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused. I would very much like to speak with you concerning you stay and get the opportunity to compensate for an unsatisfactory time with us. If you could please contact me directly at (541) 726-0465 or by email at alainar@inncline.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

(541) 726-0465
alainar@inncline.com
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We reserved a simple King but when we entered the room it was a super suite. It contained a living room kitchenette combo with a sleeper-sofa and a separate bedroom and bath with double doors to close it off. The bed was excellent and we had a good night sleep. The breakfast was more than adequate with a good variety. We would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back into the Springfield area!

Alaina Harrison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Comfort Suites
Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield
Valley River Inn
Valley River Inn
#5 of 36 in Eugene

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!