“American Food in a Worn Environment”

Heritage Family Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 176 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Bend, Oregon
“American Food in a Worn Environment”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We were hungry after a football game at Autzen Stadium and took side streets to avoid traffic and hopefully find a place to get something to eat before driving over the mountains to get home. Mohawk Blvd in Springfield has quite a few places to choose from, but none of them quite fit what we were looking for. Finally, we settled on Heritage Family Restaurant - a place that serves breakfast all day can't be all bad. Inside, everything looked pretty worn and like it could use a good scrubbing. Our waitress, who mentioned she was a college student and single mother, was the sort of person that I respect; she said she was working hard and studying hard to try and make something of herself after a rough start in life. As such, she was a very good waitress. The menu choices were what I would call American food, priced at around $10, a little more or a little less depending on what it was. My wife had a burger with sweet potato fries; both were good. My daughter had fried shrimp, and they were also good. My 6 oz sirloin steak was definitely not a top notch steak, but it was prepared as requested and tasted quite good. So although the restaurant decor was far from nice, the food was decent and fit what we were looking for.

• Visited October 2012

Eugene, Oregon
“A good deal”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My husband, in-laws and I ate at Heritage Family last night and it was wonderful. I had the beef medalions which were very tasty, my husband loved his wrap, and my in-laws loved their asian saute dishes. The service was fine, and it was a nice surprise to find that they had yummy desserts from Sweet Life Bakery. On top of that the cost was very reasonable. Decor was updated, clean and bright. Under $80 for dinner for four including drinks and dessert - you can't beat that! We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
Springfield, Oregon
“This was a Huge mistake”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My friends and I had eaten here before, so we knew that the service was extremely slow (snail with a limp slow!), but they managed to out do themselves this time. My friends ordered the same, toasted English Muffin, coffee, and juice. It was served on one plate! They had to eat off of napkins. My breakfast, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and toast, should have followed my friends order. It didn't. My friends finished their meal, and they ate slow,hoping I could join them, and were on their second cup of coffee when I finally asked our waitress where my food was. She finally came back and told me "It'll be next off the grill". She then served two other tables. When my meal did come, the potatoes were burnt, the vegie filling in the eggs, onions, tomatoes, etc. were cold and uncooked, the English muffin was too hard and dried to eat. Upon checking out, I told the waitress we were very unhappy with not only the meal but the service as well, she scowled and asked "Well, what was wrong with it?" We will not be going back.

• Visited February 2012