“Might Go Back” 3 of 5 bubbles

Planktown
Ranked #14 of 174 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eugene, Oregon
“Might Go Back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to give this Brew Pub a try for our "Date Night". The wait Staff was average, Beer, Cold, tasty and brought quickly to our table. My hubby had the Salmon Fish and Chips and felt it was yummy. Me the a Irish Cheese and Bacon Burger. The beef was delicious, bun soft and sweet but the fries were gross, limp and greasy. Their Homemade Ketchup tasted like canned Tomato sauce with Oregano and we had no salt and pepper at the table. It was pretty crowded when we first got there and the noise was deafening. As it cleared out it was much better. Beer was good enough to try again, I will skip those fries.

Visited June 2014

“Excellent brew, service, & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Big room, spacious, comfortable, interesting. Attentive server. Great beer selection. Sampled the pilsner, nitro dark and a Porter. All balanced and done right. Cubano sandwich not quite authentic but ample & yummy. Crab tostada was creative and excellent. We'll b back.

• Visited June 2014
Veneta, Oregon
“Up and Coming Place in Downtown Springfield”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I went to Planktown in Springfield for Sunday lunch. I've been to numerous brew pubs but this was my first time at this place. Immediate impression was spacious, nice interior. I liked that there was plenty of light streaming in through the windows, and it had a family friendly, relaxed atmosphere to it.

We seated ourselves and were promptly greeted by the waiter, who was friendly and jovial. We were served a jug of ice water while we looked over the menu. As it was my first time at this brewpub, I decided to try a 'flight' of their own brews, which is four 4 oz taster glasses. I went for the 'night flight', which was darker beers - IPA, Porter, Stout, Irish style Stout. My favorite was their IPA 'The Hobbit', although all of them were reasonably good.

For food, I went for an Oyster Po'Boy with fries, while my wife when for a French Toast BLT. We were impressed by how quickly our food came out from the kitchen, and everything tasted good. However, our waiter did not ask us if we wanted any salt, pepper, ketchup or other sauces. It also took a while for him to return with the check, and then to swipe my card and return again (he did apologize though for keeping us waiting), but overall, our experience here was very pleasant and we will come back again.

• Visited April 2014
Springfield, Oregon
“OK but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We had the Scottish Porter beer which was great. The food was just OK and it took a while to get (pulked pork, nachos), despite the fact that it was not very busy. The waiter was very nice and attentive, we were able try several samples of theur beers before deciding which one we liked best. The place is huge and the ceiling is high so the accoustics can be a bit of a challenge.

Roseburg, Oregon
“More Choices In Springfield, Oregon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hubby and I stopped by here on Friday October 11, 2013. It was nice to see another brewpub in Springfield since there is only one other choice. The brewpub/ restaurant is spacious, glossy beautiful wood tables, unique art work on the walls and a neat bar area. We didn't order food but had their beer which was very good. Will definitely go back for lunch!

• Visited October 2013