“clean and comfortable”

Best Western Grand Manor Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Nice to see hotel doing upgrades. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Rooms were spotless and bed and linens very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was excellent with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal etc. Lots of choices, fruit and yoghurt.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
gm38119, General Manager at Best Western Grand Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

So happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for letting others know about your stay.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Grand Manor Inn

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The exterior of this hotel was lovely, though the bed was the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE bed my husband and I have ever tried to sleep in. the heating and air system had a terrible crackling sound coming from it all night and we woke several times from a half sleep thinking there was a fire in the room. On top of that, the room rate was a special rate of $94 plus tax which brought the bill to $104 on reservation. Upon checking in I was charged $114. I understand taxes, but being charged $10 MORE than what I was quoted was upsetting. We will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth A

I am sorry that you had a unhappy experience. I have looked into your concerns. The 10 was for incidentals and is only a authorization not a charge, since you did not use any incidentals that has fallen off your credit card. The beds are all memory foam Simmons mattress and are only a year old. I am sorry you didn't like the comfort of it. The noise from the heating unit has been turned over to Amana as the unit is less then six months old. I hope that you give us another try in the future and see that we can meet your needs.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had made reservations 2 weeks prior to our arrival. The clerk had a hard time finding it and when she did, she made us wait while she answered 3 phone calls and took their reservations/answered questions. Finally she said our room was not ready and the man had not yet checked out - it was 12:40 PM. She told us to come back in a couple of hours. We came back at 2:30 and she said our room was ready. When she didn't give us any papers to sign for our dog, I reminded her that I had made reservations for a dog-friendly room. she replied, I wish you had told me that earlier. The only room available for us was a handicap room. I told her I didn't feel comfortable taking it in case someone really needed it. She said, "Oh that's ok we have more." The room was comfortable but the shower hose did not lock into the wall base so thank goodness we had a rubber band to make it stay. Since the room was so close to the elevator, it was quite noisy, especially with the cleaning people and their carts. I probably will not stay at this hotel again. The previous year we had stayed next door to the Comfort Inn which was much better.

Room Tip: Do not get the room near the elevator on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I apologies for your check in inconvenience. I have spoken with all team members about doing there best to a honor any early check ins. If you give us another try I am sure you will be happy.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the big and comfy room. The bed was wonderful and the entire room was fresh and clean. It was very quiet considering the location. We were able to walk to several restaurants. The breakfast was fresh and tasty. The staff was welcoming and very helpful.
I will stay here the next time I come to town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
gm38119, General Manager at Best Western Grand Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you so much Tracy! We will see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and would stay again. The rooms are large and clean. The beds are comfortable and the location is convenient. The breakfast has a decent variety of items. The hotel is fairly quiet and the staff is generally helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is always nice to here that the staff is doing a good job.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Hotel is very easy to find from I 5. The staff was very helpful in finding direction and adding local advice to avoid delays. Local facilities were within walking distance. The lobby facilities etc are spacious and comfortable

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gm38119, General Manager at Best Western Grand Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for the time you took to write a response about us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Outstanding staff full of cheer and compassion during the most trying times for travel in the snow. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Springfield! The snow and ice was so bad, the maintenance man had to dig me out and coach me on how to drive under ice and snow conditions. The hotel staff were also snowed in but were always cheerful and helpful finding out road conditions for all of the customers. Homey and warm. Close to Denny's for food too!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

What a cold four days we had in Springfield! Snow and Ice! Sorry our weather was so bad but glad the team members here helped you out. I have passed on to Tom and Drascilla your comments and they where both happy to help.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield
Best Western New Oregon
Best Western New Oregon
#12 of 38 in Eugene

Been to Best Western Grand Manor Inn? Share your experiences!