“Beautiful Spacious Room”

Best Western Grand Manor Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is one of the nicest hotel rooms we've ever stayed in. We especialy liked the blue and floral decor - so refreshing in this day. The room was wonderfully appointed and spacious. The shower was good and we enjoyed all the amenities of internet, microwave, fridge, ironing board, etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gm38119, General Manager at Best Western Grand Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for saying that our rooms are beautiful, it is always nice to here that our guest like the rooms. We look forward to you staying again.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

While visiting Eugene this weekend we stayed for a night. They were very friendly and even though we arrived for checkin at 11pm there was no hassle. The rooms were beautiful with lots of little extras, like the bottle opener attached near the sink. The beds were soft but seemed new. Breakfast the next morning had great choices. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
gm38119, General Manager at Best Western Grand Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

It is always nice the here someone is surprised in a good way. We hope you return again and enjoy another stay with us.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My stay at the Best Western Manor Inn was about average on this trip. There wasn't anything to say this hotel was "outstanding" and would make me want to stay here again. With 2-3 other local area Best Westerns to choose from, next time in the area, I will see if they can rate any better.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It sounds like you had just a OK stay. I wish that you would have enjoyed it more.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel was very comfortable clean and affordable. I found it to be a good value for the amount of money spent. It was a good location in relation to the freeway and easy to get to. I would recommend it to any one.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in your travels.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Nice to see hotel doing upgrades. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Rooms were spotless and bed and linens very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was excellent with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal etc. Lots of choices, fruit and yoghurt.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
gm38119, General Manager at Best Western Grand Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

So happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for letting others know about your stay.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The exterior of this hotel was lovely, though the bed was the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE bed my husband and I have ever tried to sleep in. the heating and air system had a terrible crackling sound coming from it all night and we woke several times from a half sleep thinking there was a fire in the room. On top of that, the room rate was a special rate of $94 plus tax which brought the bill to $104 on reservation. Upon checking in I was charged $114. I understand taxes, but being charged $10 MORE than what I was quoted was upsetting. We will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth A

I am sorry that you had a unhappy experience. I have looked into your concerns. The 10 was for incidentals and is only a authorization not a charge, since you did not use any incidentals that has fallen off your credit card. The beds are all memory foam Simmons mattress and are only a year old. I am sorry you didn't like the comfort of it. The noise from the heating unit has been turned over to Amana as the unit is less then six months old. I hope that you give us another try in the future and see that we can meet your needs.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had made reservations 2 weeks prior to our arrival. The clerk had a hard time finding it and when she did, she made us wait while she answered 3 phone calls and took their reservations/answered questions. Finally she said our room was not ready and the man had not yet checked out - it was 12:40 PM. She told us to come back in a couple of hours. We came back at 2:30 and she said our room was ready. When she didn't give us any papers to sign for our dog, I reminded her that I had made reservations for a dog-friendly room. she replied, I wish you had told me that earlier. The only room available for us was a handicap room. I told her I didn't feel comfortable taking it in case someone really needed it. She said, "Oh that's ok we have more." The room was comfortable but the shower hose did not lock into the wall base so thank goodness we had a rubber band to make it stay. Since the room was so close to the elevator, it was quite noisy, especially with the cleaning people and their carts. I probably will not stay at this hotel again. The previous year we had stayed next door to the Comfort Inn which was much better.

Room Tip: Do not get the room near the elevator on the first floor.