“Relaxing and Quiet”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Hernando, Mississippi
“Relaxing and Quiet”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I arrived from Mississippi for a wedding, and this hotel could not have been more perfect for us. It was extremely quiet, the beds super comfortable, and the hotel itself close to lots of restaurants and even a mall for me to pick up some extra items that I had forgotten at home.
After some really long days over a short weekend, it was nice to just come back to our room and RELAX without people running around in the halls or yelling outside.
All the employees, from the reception to the driver, were very positive and friendly..helpful whenever we needed them. Even at one a.m. when we arrived from MS!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Eugene.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deltadarling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I really read reasearched the hotels in Eugene, and finally settled on this one, which I know feel was the best choice. My cousin had blocked rooms at the Hilton for her wedding but the reviews were so sketchy with the train noise, etc, I couldn't book it. In fact if you look a train goes straight through Eugene, and most hotels in eugene I considered had reviews mentioning the train noise.

So we settled on the Holiday Inn. I thought the location was going to be less ideal than staying in Eugene, but I was wrong. The hotel sits just off the intersection of the Beltline Road (a freeway fo sorts) and I5, so its very convenient. It is in a cluster of hotels but is far off the freeway (unlike the new Hilton Garden Inn which is right next to I5).

Service was unexpectedly good, particularly for this level of hotel. The front desk clerk, Deshawn, greeted us by our last name and printed information my mom had inquired about. They so friendly and helpful. It was great.

The room was quiet, clean, modern with compfy beds and 4 pillows per bed. My one issue was although our bathroom looked perfectly clean, I felt the shower had a mildewy smell, though my husband couldn't smell it.

parking is free, free wifi, free coffee in the lobby (inside the restaurant acutally), free shuttle to hotel, room service available,...all great deal. I think it is one of the most full service hotels in the area.

In walking distance is an Outback, McDondalds, Hops Brewery (ate there and it was decent), Elmer's, Denny's, Starbucks. There is a Target just south of the hotel.

Tip: 1. My favourite part of our 8 day Oregon trip was the hike from Sahalie falls to Koosa falls, which is probably an hours drive from Eugene. 2. The wedding we attended was at Sweet Cheeks winery and it's about 15miles SW of town but it is in a pretty setting and I enjoyed the Shiraz. I believe they have free daily tastings.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank solomentehawaii
Seattle
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel - both times as a stopover on the road from CA. This hotel is clean and had great service. Great place for a relaxing night and they give you lots of pillows :) The fridge didn't stay particularly cold and the freezer section in it doesn't work (at least I think it was a freezer section...) but the food we brought stayed fresh in it. The air conditioner also didn't seem to work quite right, it ran constantly and sometimes the room got a little stuffy - but it didn't bother us too much as it did work a little bit. Overall a great place to stay that is quiet, clean, and away from the freeway noise.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kaifar
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed one night with a toddler. Suite was clean and quiet. Would come again. Family friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank travel-crat
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Great room (except the view is horrible from 219) and a great staff. And the chef is outstanding! The menu has a nice offering, skewed towards Italian, and the food is well prepared. Had the Rockfish and it was perfect. Avoid the crowds and eat at the hotel. Easy on/off I-5. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank RM30139
Corte madera
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I wanted to stay at a place where I didn't have to deal with the annoyances one has at the off the freeway joints.

It was everything I expected: very clean, modern, quiet, with friendly, professional front desk staff. Typical business hotel. About $20-30 more than the typical places, but worth it if you want to avoid the traveling road rabble.

The only minor negative I experienced in the room was the refrigerator was a bit loud at times. I wasn't using it, so turning it off solved the problem.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank df94925
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We were on the road for awhile traveling from Cali and this hotel was refreshing. It was very clean, modern and comfortable. We were even able to do laundry at the facilities there. The hotel was a 5 min drive to Eugene, but much nicer than the hotels in Eugene. We were very happy with our stay and felt rejuvenated aftef a good night's rest there.

Room Tip: Hotwire (shows internet and laundry)
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank zoebella
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Courtyard Eugene Springfield
Courtyard Eugene Springfield
#7 of 14 in Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene

Been to Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!