“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Ventura, CA
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent a weekend here for a wedding and had a good night's sleep. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and everything was in good order. We appreciated the cold water in the lobby. The workout room was fine too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was worried when I booked this room. I used Hotwire, and the price was what could easily be called ridiculous. Every last bit of my worries were very quickly alleviated shortly after my arrival.

Check in was great, with one small complaint. My wife and I were ignored at check in about two minutes. Please at least acknowledge that I am waiting. However, once I was acknowledged, check in was friendly and fast. The experience only got better from here.

After 9 hours in the car, the wife and I were very excited to get in the pool, and get rid of the built up aches and pains of the road. It wasn't the biggest pool. It wasn't the deepest pool. It was, however a great pool. The rooms housing indoor pools always seem to feel muggy and gross, and often have a kind of moldy feel to them. None of that was present with this pool. It was the perfect place to swim and unwind, and the hot tub was very nice as well.

The 2 Queen room was big, comfortable and clean. We tend to watch DVDs when we travel, so it was very nice that the flat screen TV had an easily accessible HDMI port. Our room was quiet, and a good night's sleep was easy to find.

Basically, it was a really nice Holiday Inn. The pool could be bigger. Breakfast could be free. But really, there's not much to complain about here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We booked through Priceline and got this hotel for under CDN $75. Probably the best deal of our trip. Friendly service; spacious and modern rooms; comfortable beds; lots of pillow options; and a decent-size bathroom.

The location is good: close to the highway but not on it, so nice and quiet. And it's easy to get to various places in Eugene from here. I needed to go shopping (really, I did) and it was just a 10-minute drive to the places I wanted to go. Not known for my sense of direction, I got lost on my way back but that was a bonus as I was able to see some of the historic sights in the area. My point here is, if you are actually looking for some of these attractions, they're close to this hotel too.

There's a restaurant in the hotel, but we didn't try it as were in walking distance of a couple of other places with better Yelp reviews. There's a Tesla charging station on site too, so who knows, maybe one day someone will spot Elon Musk in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooks M, Manager at Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, 4 November 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We're glad you found our hotel! We're especially happy that you found out staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed your room. A comfortable bed is an important part of any hotel stay, and we're pleased that you were able to get a good night's rest. We're also happy you found our location to be convenient. We'll make sure to keep our eyes out for Mr. Musk! Thank you for writing this review, and we hope to see you again soon.
Modesto
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had not stayed at a Holiday Inn in years. Always had an impression of it being more of a roadside motel vs. hotel. This Holiday Inn was more hotel, and I would return to it in a heartbeat. This one in Springfield/Eugene was very clean. Lobby staff was clean and lobby was spotless. Room (third floor) was also clean, airy and open. Bed was great, bathrooms solid and clean. Had my son not forgot his swimsuit, we would have gone to pool and hot tub, which were both nice. Staff was very friendly and courteous. I do prefer hotels over motels, and do not mind spending $250 to $300 a night. However, I will now make Holiday Inns part of my search.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here overnight. Reception staff were warm & they reduced the price since we booked a room under wrong category (park & fly). Rooms were clean & comfortable. Breakfast was served till 10AM - buffet & alacarte. Interestingly noticed good amount of electric car charge stations. Overall it's a very good hotel at decent price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 8 July 2014

As the Hotels near Crater Lake are fully occupied on 4th July holiday , we drove thro' I-5 highway towards SFO for 2 1/2 hours to reach this Hotel ,Holiday Inn Eugene /Springfield ,OREGON . We got a warm reception and got room no 222 facing the Parking side.The front office staff by name Eric was very much helpful and obliging to all our requests.
The double queen bed room is spacious and clean & provided with all amenities.There was fireworks noise till late night due to Independence Day celebrations. The bath room is equipped with a tub & rolling shower and all toileteries. There are lot of restaurants just opposite to this hotel. The money value is worth $$.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the other side of parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RANGADURAI R
Thank you for staying with us! We're glad we were able to accommodate you during the Fourth of July Holiday. We are fortunate to have such a great team of associates working at our hotel and are thrilled you found Eric to be helpful during your stay. We'll make sure to pass along your comments! Thank you for writing this review, and we hope to see you again soon.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Holiday Inn in Springfield had a much better price than the one in Eugene, even though they are just a few miles apart. We were very happy with our room; Room was large, bed was comfortable, and A/C worked great (set temp lower than usual at night).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
#7 of 14 in Springfield
Valley River Inn
Valley River Inn
#5 of 35 in Eugene

Been to Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!