“Wow! What a great hotel and friendly staff!”

Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I travel a lot for my business and have stayed in some of the finest four and five-star hotels and this new Holiday Inn is among the best. My associate and I were talking over breakfast and started listing the things that the staff had done to impress us. We could recall over a dozen. Usually I can think of one or two outstanding performances during a hotel stay, but I already had 12 happy memories and I hadn't been at the hotel for 18 hours. Wow!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank DCBRiverside

Reviewed 11 April 2009

With no reservations, we came into Eugene at midnight hoping to stay at the Holiday Express but they were overbooked. Amber was nice enough to call this hotel to make sure there were rooms and check the rate since it is 5 miles up HWY 5. So we drove up the highway and what is odd, is that there is a Holiday Inn Express around the corner. While the Holiday Inn Express can be seen from the freeway, this Holiday Inn is hidden behind several other hotels all grouped together. Amber said it was newer than the Holiday Inn Express. Usually we have found that the Holiday Inn Express's are nicer and newer than the Holiday Inn's. With the exception of the single hair on a towel (which could have been from Housekeeping), the beds were new (and padded) like the Sheraton's Heavenly beds. The room's ambiance was relaxing and soothing, just what we needed after driving 12 hours.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I traveled with my husband to Oregon on business. The hotel still looked brand new even though it was built in 2007. I had no reason to complain about anything. We asked and were given a late check out for 1 pm on the day of our departure. We ate breakfast one morning in the hotel and everything was wonderful,.... food and service. My husband paid $139 each night for his business stay. Springfield is a nice area with mountains around the city. Grocery Store, Pharmacy etc within 5 miles of hotel. Denny's and McDonald's and others in walking distances.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I was moving my son into his dorm at U. of Oregon and we were not too pleased with the hotels that we had tried during our previous two trips to Eugene and the new Holiday Inn Express on Franklin was sold out. I found this one (919 Kruse St.) and though it was 10 min. from campus it was worth the drive. Very clean since it's so new and it was nice having a restaurant available as well. We had breakfast and dinner there and the food was good and reasonably priced. Beds were comfortable and we had a nice view out the back of the trees. They were very friendly and accomodating when we needed information. I would stay here again if the Franklin Street location was booked.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Wow, what a fantastic hotel. Stayed for a Ducks game and our stay was perfect in every way. Easy check in, even on a busy Sat. afternoon before a game. The hotel is immaculate. The decor throughout is awesome. Our room was on the 5th floor with a great view of the cascade foothills. Extremely comfortable bed with a pillow menu. Large bath room, big fridge, great chair with ottoman, flat screen and warm, thoughtful decor. Can't say enough! Happy hour in the friendly lounge AFTER the game was a plus. Did not eat at the restaurant but the food looked good. Will stay next time in Eugene area!!

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I'm picky--I'll admit it! But I figured a brand new hotel, why not give it a try. I was in Springfield on business and this couldn't have been a better pick for a few nights stay. The decor is retro--fantastic! The service was impeccible and the rooms were comfortable, clean and beautiful! They have an Italian restaurant on site which proved to be very, very good and you cannot beat the location for convienence. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene

Been to Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!