“A nice BnB”
Review of Bird & Hat Inn

Bird & Hat Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Stayton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a nice BnB in a small town. Our host was very friendly, the room was clean and the location ok.

Dinner options seemed to be light in town, with only fast food to go for. As an alternative it was suggested that we pick some food up from Roth's and that we prepare a meal at the BnB, which was a good suggestion and it was kind to allow us to use the kitchen facilities.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed there for a conference just overnight. The ladies running the place have the right balance of conversation and privacy. Each room is very nicely done with very comfortable beds in them. Just be sure to know that two of the rooms have bathrooms in them. One room has a private bathroom that is down the hall. So depending on your preference you can just ask about it when you book it. The house is on a quiet street and has a lovely garden and fish pond for guests to enjoy, as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Just ask to be sure you are getting a room with a bathroom in it if you are...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

On a recent trip my husband and I drove to Stayton, Oregon to stay at the Bird and Hat Bed & Breakfast. What a delightful place to stay. Mike and I got the 'back room' of the establishment. It has a private bathroom, a private balcony, the room hosts a king sized bed and a flat screened tv. The hostess, Jackie, is delightful and friendly. The breakfast is a wonderful start to your day, and it was different each of the mornings we were there. The gardens surrounding the front of the building were initially installed in 1916 and were refurbished in 1999. There is a large cement pond with Koi and water lilies, and the flowers are profuse in the beds. I highly recommend driving a bit out of the way to experience this particular B & B.

This place is child and pet friendly.

The B & B is also near Silver Falls State Park, in Oregon. We had a wonderful day exploring different falls in the Park.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miss_jl
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Was on trip to meet up with my wife in Sisters and stayed a night. Very comfortable and friendly place with a great breakfast. Off the beaten path, away from the madding crowds of some B&B's. This was my first time staying at a B&B and loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirk C
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My girlfriend and I and our two Standard Poodles stayed just one night here. We were very welcomed by Jacqulin, the inn-keeper. Such a sweet lady. Our room was in the front. It has a "separate" sleeping area within our room with a twin bed. Bathroom was down the hall, but that was not a problem at all. We walked a short way to the Red Apple restaurant for dinner. Not fancy, but good Chinese food. We had to leave very early the next morning to participate in a Lure Coursing event nearby and Jacqulin made us a truly scrumptious "to go" breakfast consisting of fresh coffee, ham, cheese, and egg croissants, and a banana. We will certainly stay here again. Lovely garden too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank PintoLvr
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago and just loved it so we returned. Jacqulin is the owner and a heck of a gardener to boot. There is a koi pond and a little "gazebo" or covered table area out there and the flowers are just amazing. Her peonies are the size of plates! We like to stay in the back room. It has it's own bathroom and a little patio out back just right for wine sipping in the evening. We only ate breakfast one of the mornings we were there as we are early risers and hikers, but it was delicious: Belgian waffle with fresh bananas and strawberries, sausage, juice and a newspaper! Would certainly recommend this place and we will be back in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Back room has a patio but I think the front may, too. It does have an alcove just perfect for small...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mimi S
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This lovely home is nicely decorated with spacious rooms. Each room has a private bath, but one room's private bath is in the hallway, so if that bothers you just asked the right questions to get the right room for you. I have never stayed in a place before that made my bed at home seem hard. It was not too soft, just perfectly comfortable. The breakfast was served on my favorite china, which was just an added blessing for me. The hostess was hospitable without being intrusive. I usually am not a bed-and-breakfast sort, but I found this B&B to be delightful. There is also a lovely garden and koi pond on the propertery, as well. I give this a high recommendation.

Room Tip: I saw two of the rooms and they were perfect. The "front room's" private bath is down...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jkhoekst

Been to Bird & Hat Inn? Share your experiences!