“pleasant, clean and comfy, even relaxing for a scared kitty” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Sublimity

Rodeway Inn & Suites Sublimity
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sublimity
reno
“pleasant, clean and comfy, even relaxing for a scared kitty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

Arrived July 3rd & left July 7th for a family gathering. We'd stayed here last year and found it definitely worth staying here again. Traveling with 2 elderly cats that require a refrigerator and microwave for their medical needs and when the room we were given didn't have a microwave, the desk clerk immediately snagged us one from another room. The windowsills are nice and wide which the cats enjoyed also. Our always-scared cat seemed more relaxed than she'd been at home (turned out she had very high blood pressure). Our other cat became very ill and we got a referral from our vet to go to the vet school at Corvallis but this motel was such a perfect place to stay that we drove to Corvallis and back here rather than staying in Corvallis. (Turned out he had terminal stomach cancer - R.I.P. Monsterkitty.) Staff was always friendly and helpful, room was nice and open and well-lit and price was great for the accomodations. As a 4th of July bonus we found fireworks viewing to be great from our South-facing second-floor window.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank windyfreezethaw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
White City Ore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times by myself in the last year. It was always clean and quiet and I was a repeat satisfied customer.. Except on June 29th.. My two daughters in there late 20s and my granddaughter and I stayed the night there on this day and we experienced the managers son and 2 of his friends stairing at us thru a window when they were in the exercise room with the lights out while my daughters father,my daughter ,granddaughter and I swam. My oldest daughter was in pool area just watching us swim. My oldest daughter went back to the room first then there father and I followed leaving my other daughter (age27) and granddaughter (age 2 1/2) to swim after I got dressed I headed back to pool as when I was leaving I saw the 3 boys woundering the hall and watching us still. When my other daughter and I got there I was shocked to see all 3 had entered the pool area and pulled chairs and were sitting 3' from the pool stairing and my daughter and grandughter. I went right over and held out a towel blocking the veiw of the boys so she could get out. My other daughter said "are you seriouse you are staring and a mother and baby swimming. How uncomfortable is this" 1 of the boys piped off you better be careful who your talking to cause his parents own this place and he works here. He was refering to his friend sitting next to him. I rushed my family out of there got them to the room and went to the office to complain for the boys actions. The managers wife was sitting on a couch in the lobby when I aproched her and told her what had happened. She said not my son he wouldnt do that and that the boys wouldnt have gone in there if my daughter was there swimming. I told her well they did and how they pretty much stocked my daughter and waited for her to be alone. She then proceeded to tell me that I didnt pay enough for the room that I was charged for one person not 4 people. I asked her if I had a room for 1 person why would I need 2 beds and pay for a roll away bed also... She was trying to flip this conversation away from her son and his friends actions... I will never stay at this hotel again whether Im alone or with family... If you stay please watch over your family in the pool area as this was a very upsetting situation and could happen to you and/or your daughters....

• Stayed June 2009
4 Thank nightmare47

Travellers are raving about these Sublimity hotels

oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

I am a mother of a 2 year old little girl. We stayed at this hotel with my sister and my mother. I went for a swim in the pool with my family(excluding my sister who sat pool side to watch us swim) We noticed three young men mid to late teen agers enter into the dark fitness room (the lights were out) They stared through the window watching me swim and play with my daughter. My father was in the pool as well swimming with my daughter,myself and my mother and everyone mentioned the guys staring through the window gocking at me. My family left heading to the room and my daughter and I stayed behind for five mins to wait for them to dry off before we headed to our room. The guys came in to the pool area sat down at a table right infront of me and didn't talk to each otehr at all but sat there staring at me. I feared they would try to do something but wasn't sure of what their full intentions were. I didn't say anything to them because I did have my daughters life to think about and I was just plain uncomfortable. It was a few mins when my mom and sister came back to check on me because they had a feeling the guys would be lurking and they were. My sister came in and yelled at them. They got me my towel and i got out. My mom went to the front office to tell the owner that her son and his friends that were at the hotel hanging around for some reason had been lurking and gocking at me while I was with my young child in the pool and the mother/owner denied him even being in there until I had left the pool. They were rude to my mom and then claimed she didn't pay enough for the room and had lied about the amount of people that were staying even though we had two beds and rented and payed for a roll away bed which makes three beds for three people. She stuck up for her son. It's been a horrible stay..and I felt that my daughters life and thought I was goign to be raped or attacked by the guys. A while later we went to check on our vehicles and the guys were again lurking in the hall way. It's been a scary trip. If you are female be aware when thinking about staying here!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank roxygirl346386
Fairview
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2009

I was treated poorly by management! They should have paid me to stay there. It was filthy, filthy, filthy. Food-bad. condition of all household and appliances bad condition. There is mold in the Ice machine! Who knows what that could cause a body! Pool dirty, Sauna cold, counters, carpets,walls, utensils dirty. It is just a real dirty hotel. I called the head dept. of Roadeway and they just reffered me to management at the hotel. I got a letter from the manager fri. 13-09 It was from the very person that was rude to me! She said....There is no excuce for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees! Da, I in turn also called the Marion Co. health Dept. They did an inspection,. They called me fri-13-09. They e-mailed me the report! "WOW" lots of Violations! "YES" They followed up in a hurry.
It looks so nice from the outside!
..{GERMS}

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank FairviewKat
Zurich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

In 40 years of travelling all over the world, this was the worst place I've ever stayed.
All negative remarks of other guests are true. Lousy managment, never present, dirty room, not enough towels, sheets that did not fit the bed, one day the room was not made up at all, the pool dirty - even very dirty and probably for health reasons not fit for use.
We stayed 4 nights in this place since it is the only motel in the Sublimity/Stayton area. I just hope that this is not Roadway Inn standard as we usually travel with another motel chain in the US.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank MAM8706
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2008

It's very dirty on the top floor. The room has no coffee cups, not even coffee to make. The front desk is dirty. The manager is not very friendly, the front desk is alone, the manager is never there or he takes a very long time take the customers orders. I think he should have uniform, because he always has street clothes, not very fancy at all. Please if you can GET HIM OUT OF THERE!!!!!!!!!

Stayed December 2008
2 Thank Anonomys
Beaverton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2008

I needed a place to spend the night and Sublimity was close but because of road construction there was not a direct route to the hotel.
The room was comfortable size and the bathroom was good size too. I slept fine on the king size bed and the shower was nice and hot. The breakfast was cereal, toast, and waffles. There was no fruit or any eggs. The coffee was not the best but it was hot. The staff did not want you to take food to your room and there was no tv.
There were not enough pillows or towels but the front desk gave me more when I asked for them. I did not use the pool or hot tub.
The coffee pot in the room looked moldy so I did not use it other than that the room seemed clean. I did not use the microwave and just kept water in the frig.
If there were people in the hallways it was noisy but the night was pretty quiet. I had to get up early and leave and I probably disturbed someone.
The Rodeway Inn was an ok place to stay, defiantly nothing fancy and bring your own shampoo.
I will stay here again.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The coffee pot in the room.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dogtrekker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sublimity
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn
Red Lion Hotel Salem
#9 of 23 in Salem
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Sublimity? Share your experiences!