Sunriver Resort
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,612 results
All reviewssun rivergolf coursefamily vacationcaldera springsbike ridingthe main lodgelodge roomsshuttle servicehot tublodge villagegas fireplaceoutdoor activitiesbeautiful propertysage springs spacentral oregonthe deschutes rivercove
Reviewed 24 February 2012

WE had a fantastic stay at Sunriver while on our first ski trip to Mt. Bachelor. We did not even take advantage of the amenities at Sunriver because our focus was on skiing (which was excellent: great snow, polite people, few lines, comfortable lodge, great ski school for the kids). Our lodge accommodation had a small kitchen allowing us to cook which we love and housekeeping to help us with dishes when we needed to get out early to get our children to ski school. Our room had everything we needed in our kitchen and throughout. It was clean, nicely decorated, and with home like comfort. It feels like a well run, cared for property with happy employees. We were thrilled and will be back to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the resort this weekend for their Run For Chocolate race and turned it into a mini-vacay with my husband and daughter (and dog!). First, the race course was beautiful, well-organized and the after celebration food was top-notch! Then we were able to check into our dog-friendly suite early and we were so impressed! The room was more like a condo that had two levels, two full bathrooms and a full kitchen including everything you would need to cook with. I loved that they also had a welcome box for our dog so that she could also be comfortable. They definitely need to get some DVD players in the rooms though since we weren't able to watch the movies that we rented. The only problem we had with the room was that there was previous pet hair on the comforter and pillows but staff was quick to fix the issue and even sent over an apologetic note and fruit plate. I then went to the spa to enjoy a massage. Their spa is so wonderful, relaxing, and well-staffed. My husband and daughter went to the cookie-decorating class while I was gone and had a ton of fun! Around 5:00 we went to the lobby for their Chocolate Fountain event but unfortunately they had already run out of everything even though the event was still scheduled for another hour. My daughter was pretty bummed but they were very apologetic. We then went to the Family Swim and had a great time with lots of other families enjoying the indoor lap pool and hot tub. Sleep was wonderful and peaceful. Would have loved if the pet suites were able to receive the newspapers in the morning but we were able to take the short pretty walk to the Lodge and read the papers in the lobby. Overall, it was fantastic! Looking forward to planning another great vacation when they open the new indoor Rec Center in May! I know we will be back again!

Room Tip: The pet-friendly suites have a beautiful outdoor deck that over looks the golf course!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed at Sunriver for two days while skiing at Mt Bachelor in February. When we first came into our room my wife and I walked around in amazement at the quality of the thought, decoration, and maintenance. First it was very clean, then the decor looked like out of a very high end magazine. You got to see it to believe it. When you stay you can also use the resort facilities. They have an up-to-date fitness, lap pool, and indoor tennis. Breakfast in the lodge was good, but cappuccino not hot. Staff was well trained and agreeable also.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StPaulKid
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Real nice rooms of all sizes, Condos and houses, and restaurants! Great summer and winter.

And a nice airport with good tiedowns.

The friendliest staff you ever met!

Room Tip: Discuss how many sleepers you have with the desk. EVERY room is withing walking distance of the lodge (4,200 ft,) but most have kitchens, too.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Vacationers beware!!! More than one month after staying here I discovered unauthorized charges on my AmEx ($87); however, this is about principle, not money. I ask you, why would a resort of this caliber stoop so low...I'm simply shocked and stunned - if you stay here, for your own sake, watch your credit card statements very carefully!
Hotel claims charges are for a missing clock radio; really? A month later? How would you feel if you were wrongfully accused of theft; truthfully, the only theft in this matter was of my $87 by Sunriver Resorts - Better Business Bureau claim on file!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Advisor58
SunriverResort_12, Director of Operations at Sunriver Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thanks so much for making us aware of this mistake so that we could remedy the issue. It seems there was some confusion on your contact information which prevented us from connecting with you regarding the clock radio before it was charged to you.

As discussed, your money has been refunded and we hope to welcome you for a complimentary return stay when you have an opportunity. Again, we offer our sincerest apologies.

We certainly hope that you will reconsider a submission to the better business bureau due to the nature of the error.

Thank you, always, for your patronage.