“Sunriver lodge”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunriver
Jacksonville, Florida
“Sunriver lodge”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family is from Florida and for the most part we know very little about the western frontier so we decided to stay in this resort to get our feet wet. The resort was beautiful, clean and the house we rented was fantastic with an equally fantastic view. The Deschutes river ran through the backyard and Mt. Bachelor was standing over us, this was breathe taking. Despite the view everything else about the resort was very tame! Paved bike rides, a horse trail ride that never left the stable and a "rafting" trip that takes 3 hours for 6 miles... Honestly the place is not meant for adventurous people. Most of the people there were older, retired people and young families and this resort is great for them. The location was pretty good 20 min from Bend, Oregon which is an awesome little town and I encourage all young people to use this city when traveling to Oregon!
Overall it was beautiful, quiet and clean but you may be bored by day 3!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Tory A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Loved it, accommodation great and plenty to do if you love the outdoors. Unfortunately, weather wasn't kind all the time but when it was we had a great time cycling, golfing, swimming, walking and then relaxing in spa!

Room Tip: 2nd floor of guest lodges- great view of golf course with Mount Bachelor in distance.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Plus's"
1. Great nature place for kids
2. Lodges are great, I would suggest the two story on, room 119 faces the river.
3. Do the nature center if you like owls, hawks.
4. Bikes are awesome
5. Staff very professional and helpful

Minuses-
1. Food options limited.
2. Eventhough it is child friendly, I would say it is not full of kids. Mostly older people interested in golfing and relaxation. Saw few kids there but maybe it was the time of year
3. Eventhough rooms are not that expensive, we aware they charge for All activities.

Overall great place for nature. Would suggest atleast 3-4 days. Did not get to the Lava or observatory, but heard it was good.

Room Tip: 119 great view of river.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BKbroiler
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I attended a conference at Sunriver Resort which is approximately 15 miles south of Bend, Oregon. Sunriver is a compreensive resort with golf, fly fishing, biking and white water rafting. In addition, there are opportunites to explore the natural beauty of the area.

The room accommodations are spread over the grounds and give guests an opportunity to enjoy some quiet privacy. The quality of food in the restaurants is excellent, and the staff provide excellent service.

Room Tip: I would recommend a bi-level unit that has an eating and sitting area downstairs. All the units have...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our 31st anniversary. From the check in to the check out it was fantastic. We arrived early, around 11:00 a.m. and they gave us our room right away, didn't have to wait until 3:00. Very nice, comfortable bed and very relaxing. Even though there were a lot of people there, we heard no noise inside our room. We played the Crosswater golf course and just like everything else here, it was wonderful. The 2 girls who were working in the snack shack were very nice and even gave us a bottle opener for our beer while we were on the course. Great selection from local breweries. Sunriver has vans that pick you up and take you to the different places around the property which was very helpful. We had them shuttle us to the golf course and back, didn't wait more than 5 minutes from the time we called until the van arrived. We ate at the Owl's nest after we golfed, just like the other reviews we have read, good food, great service. When we got up to leave the next morning we realized we had left something in the golf cart. We told the front desk, who called the golf course. We were told they would look and call us back. I didn't expect to hear from them again, but I did. Not only did they find the missing item, they offered to send a shuttle to pick it up and deliver it to us! Now that's service. We will definitely stay here again. This is one of the finest places we have ever encountered. Thank you to all Sunriver staff!

Room Tip: We went mid week and from what we were told, it gets a lot busier on the weekends.
1 Thank John D
Lynden, WA
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just returned from our trip to Sunriver, I had never been there and was a bit confused as what to expect so I am writing this up to help other first time visitors.
Sunriver is a huge area, about a half hour south of Bend,OR. There are not a lot of restaurants, or shops in Sunriver Resort area. There are a few smaller grocery stores, shops and things so you can get by, but they are all locally run and owned. It has a very rustic charm, and nothing is commercialized at all! In Bend, there is a Costco and big stores so we loaded up with groceries before we arrived. Most places at Sunriver are houses, or condos with kitchens.
Everywhere in the village area is accessible by roads that wind around, lots of trees and the areas are spread apart from each other in most areas. The main resort area is a large building that houses check in for resort accommodations, a pro shop and check in for golfing, a gift shop, a restaurant/bar, and a more upscale restaurant. There is also a coffee shop with some more casual menu items off the gift shop and some meeting rooms. You can stay in what is considered to be the main Sunriver accommodations which are closest to this building, but you still would have to walk a way or bike to them, and the other areas you would go in the resort to the stables, SHARK aquatic center, the Village for other shopping/restaurants are all a considerable distance apart. This is what was hard for me to desipher as I was researching the best area to stay. What I would say is there is a wide variety of places from a hotel type room-to a luxury house. It doesn't really matter where you are in the resort there is probably advantages and disadvantages to all depending on what you really want to do while you are there and what your budget is.
There are 4 golf courses, so if you are going to golf here's the scoop. Crossroads is very upscale and classy, you can hardly get into this development. You have to drive through security gates. This is in a separate development about 1 mile south of the main Sunriver lodge, and part of the development. I am not sure if there are houses to rent in there or not. I know they sale for 2+million dollars. If you are a serious golfer, looking for a top notch course this is it. The next class down would be Woodlands, it is in the opposite direction of Crossroads, but in the "Sunriver" area, although it is probably further away from the lodge. My husband and I spent time at the driving range here & putting and chipping greens. They have a nice pro-shop (NIKE only) and a small grill type restaurant. The course looked very nice, around this area there is a large variety of rentals, from older condos to large homes on the course. The Meadows golf course is directly behind the main Sunriver Lodge. This course looked nice and is spread out in an open area behind the lodge. It also had a nice driving range, and a putting course, that younger families and others were utilizing. The final course is down in a new development called Caldera Springs. It is across from Crossroads and is a development that is up and coming. It is also 1 mile off sight from the "Sunriver" resort, but like I said earlier it is closer to other things within the area so I wouldn't let that deter you necessarily. This is were I ended up staying so I will go into some more details later, after I discuss their golf course. Caldera Springs is a 9 hole course, while we were there it was hardly played on. It looked nice enough, but it is a newer area still much is being built there so I don't think many people from the main resort go over there to play. I would say if you are a beginner golfer (or just not that great, and don't like the pressure of good golfers always on your tail, like me) you would love it. Or if you wanted to take your kids our and help them learn on a course you would love this! You can not use a golf cart, walking only, (I am pretty sure) there is also a putting course here. I was here in 6/2014 so as the area grows this could change, I would check it out at Caldera Springs.com.
So, yes I stayed at Caldera Springs. It is maybe one of the most expensive rentals in the area. I paid $500+ a night for a 3 bedroom/4 bathroom "cabin"! It was very new with beautiful comfortable furnishings. Each room had an attached bathroom and there was one main bathroom, also with a shower. Hot tub outside the master on the back deck, you could easily have 3 couples, although one room has a day bed and set of twin bunks, so grandparents, parents and kids would be a perfect home for. Look at caldera cabins, there is even a tour of them on you tube. (Booked through Sunriver Resort, would reccomend them!)
Caldera area is ideal for a family with tennis courts, a beautiful inifinity pool on the lake, it starts out with a very slow slope off the sidewalk so a nice pool for young kids, it has a water slide and nice area. RIght now it's not very populated, so it has paved bike trails all around it, which would be ideal for younger kids to ride around with parents with not a lot of others in your way. Tennis courts right outside our door, a nice area to rent canoes and paddle boards and be in the smaller lakes right at the complex. Everything here is close together, new and extremely well maintained. If this is what you are looking for, you will love it. It might not be the best for families with younger kids that aren't able to venture off too far. If they will want to be more independent and bike around, to get to the Sunriver resort activities they would have to cross a main road, which might not be good for them. Older teens would be fine, and safe, but may be something you would want to consider as a draw back to staying at Caldera.
In the resort area there are paths for riding bikes and walking on, bikes and walking are not allowed on the road. It makes it nice to drive around not having to dodge pedestrians and bikes and it makes it nice to bike around and not worry about cars!! A lovely configuration to getting around although very confusing to navigate until you get it down! There are such nice paths all over!
One thing I did that was helpful was googled things and looked via satelite to get a vision of what it looks like there. It does appear that the marina and stables are close to the lodge but they are about a mile away. Also something that surprised me was the river isn't accessible for many things. We didn't have time to do rafting but that would be something located further away also. I had assumed everything would be right there but the whole resort is very spread out, again not necessary to stay close by the lodge.
I guess that's enough, hope it's helpful.
Can't say enough about the attitude of people working everywhere, never had better service any where than Sunriver! Unreal!

Room Tip: Stayed at Caldera Springs Cabins!
7 Thank brahmagupta
Woodland, WA
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

20 Wildwood Sunriver

This is a more rustic condo than 62 with interesting decor throughout. It is pet friendly. The internet was great for streaming.

Kitchen is stocked, wood counters, and newer appliances. We had everything needed to make a cake and cupcakes.

Loud stairs so everyone can hear when someone is up.

Older carpet throughout, worn, but clean.

Showers are tiled and updated. The floors in the bathrooms are heated which is nice, even in the summer. Good water pressure. Both bathrooms are on the middle floor on the same floor as the bedrooms, so you have to go downstairs.

The TV is modern. There are also older sets in the bedrooms. Game consoles, DVD and VCR. Stocked washer and dryer.

Ground floor only has an entry.

There are two bedrooms.

The light in master bedroom is bright in the morning.

The Other bedroom has a queen and a bunk bed. There is a loft between the 3rd and 4th floors with a twin bed. The fourth floor door leads to a terrace on top of the condo but the door is locked.

Across the street from the Village. On the golf course. Dog friendly. Common parking

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tlcjunk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunriver
Tetherow Lodges
Mount Bachelor Village Resort
Wall Street Suites
Wall Street Suites
#1 of 44 in Bend

Been to Sunriver Resort? Share your experiences!