Sunriver Resort
US$347
US$229
US$92
US$82
La Quinta Inn Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,580 results
All reviewssun rivergolf coursefamily vacationcaldera springsbike ridingthe main lodgelodge roomsshuttle servicehot tublodge villagegas fireplaceoutdoor activitiesbeautiful propertysage springs spacentral oregonthe deschutes rivercove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was our fifth trip to Sunriver Resort. Very relaxing as always. By staying at the resort, you get access to Crosswater golf course, one of my favorites. The spa staff always takes great care of you. Good variety of restaurants nearby. Lots of activities. Biking, paddle boarding, canoeing, skiing in the winter, 3 golf courses that are nearby. Great place to go for a quick getaway.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent just two days here as part of an Oregon road trip. It was well worth the stay.

Pluses: plenty to do. Usually we get bored quickly, which is why we prefer short stays. We rented a tandem bike; trust me, it's worth it to rent a bike (or bring your own). Activities are quite spread out. We biked to the stables, where we took a two hour guided ride. Slow, certainly suited to novice riders (which we are). Beautiful horses, beautiful scenery; we saw coyotes and deer along the way. Afterward, we kayaked the Deschutes river; stop at the Marina, no reservations needed. They put you in and pick you up six miles downriver. Easy, laid back, great time.

The resort restaurants are very good. The pub has good local beers on tap, great food. The Meadows was also very good for breakfast and dinner. Mind you, dinner is expensive. About $30/up per entree. It was very good, not great, but excellent service and we enjoyed it. Dress for dinner is smart casual. Otherwise, anything goes.

I advise checking the website for other activities; there were plenty we didn't do.

Another plus is that there are laundry facilities available. No charge, unless you need to buy detergent.

Minuses: Almost none, really. But do not try to check in before 4pm! We got there early and had to wait.

Overall, a great brief stay. Great service, friendly staff, beautiful resort. Try to get a view of the golf course. It's fantastic,

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our reservation for a 2000 sq ft 3 bdrm home with A/C, deck with patio furniture, and a hot tub made April 3, was changed 7/18 due to water problems in the home. 7/18 we were placed in a much larger home at the same price for our inconvenience and on 7/19 we received email with new confirmation info and the property info which included the pin and instructions how to get in. After arriving and completely unpacked, another couple showed up at the door with reservations for this same house. After we both called the reservations desk to straighten out the duplication, the two people I spoke with were extremely rude to me. I've never been treated this way in my life when I've rented any other home and will not be back to this resort. They definitely need some common courtesy classes! We ended up being put into a small 2 bdrm condo with none of the amenities we paid for previously.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank AugUnhappy
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We rented a condo and stayed 2 nights. The condo was nice, close to the main market/shop areas so very convenient. The bike trails are really fun and the swin center looks amazing (did not have time to use it). It is a great place to get away and have some fun. It was our first time there and we really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was our first time to Sunriver, and we were only here for 3 days. There was good and bad.

The good: lots of activities to choose from regardless of season. We were here on a Sunday-Tuesday (first part of a road trip) and so unfortunately for us many of the activities were unavailable on Monday. We did rent bikes, which is apparently the thing to do, and that was really fun as there are TONS of bike trails. Tip: rent in the village, not through resort, much cheaper.

The bad: we were here for 2 nights in a family suite, which cost us about $650 for both nights. They don't 'guarantee' check-in until 6pm. We got there a little before 3 and our room wasn't ready until after 5 - and that was after we went back and said we'd take a different room just to check in. Of course check-out is the standard 11am, so I felt like we paid $650 for one day.

From what I gather, in sunriver you either stay at the resort or you rent a house. I like the amenities of a hotel so we chose the resort. However, you really don't get those amenities here. The morning after night one the maid knocked on our door and asked if we needed towels. I said just the standard replacement when she cleaned would be fine. She asked if we were ready to have the room cleaned and since we were leaving we said yes. She came in, even though she only
had a backpack with a few towels and a small carrying tray with a couple of things. We asked how long it would take and she said 20 minutes at most. What?? Well, yes indeed, really all she did was haphazardly make the beds and change the towels.

One other thing...worst shower ever. Did not have the pressure balance valve or whatever it is so it was a constant hot-cold combo based on whatever the guy next door was doing. I don't think there is any excuse for that in a 'resort'.

Also...the food choices are much better in Bend. If we ever come back, I would probably try to find a place to stay there.

Stayed: August 2014