“Breakfast”

Cafe Sintra
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Sunriver
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our first trip to Sunriver and we tried this restaurant for breakfast. You place your order and they bring it to your table. We did not know this and when they explained to us the young girls working seemed annoyed they had to explain. Actually they made us feel uncomfortable about every question we asked. It was atypical cafe , thus why we had questions. They even rolled their eyes on one customers question. Food was average. Coffee was self serve and warm, not hot. We will not return here.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The owner was taking orders and very short with customers. Great food and menu options but the owner should stay home and collect her check.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Loved the fruit waffle. Complimentary toast served with breakfast. Service attentive. Not much available for vegetarians and won't make substitutions.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I liked the atmosphere of this place and it was rated as one of the best breakfast places in Sunriver. My husband loves Benedicts and this place was supposed to specialize. So, we drop in about 830 am on a Tuesday. The place was about half full, delicious looking baked goods in the case and two girls behind the counter. There's a sign that says 'order here' but we're not sure if that's for the takeout folks or dine in as well. The two girls look at us and despite the fact that we're surely looking clueless, they ignore us for about a minute. Finally, we get a 'hi' and one walks over. We ask for direction and she gives it, although I got the impression I was an imposition for her, more than a valued customer. After ordering ,the food came out quickly as we ordered. Benedict was on chunks of homemade bread, not muffins (not a bad thing for me, but hubby hated it), Bavarian ham was thin slices served over the potatoes as opposed to nice thick slices on the benedict. Hubby also hated this, stating the stuff looked like deli sliced ham, which is what is tasted like. He rated the Benedict sauce average, eggs were cooked perfectly. I had the Linguisca (or something) breakfast that was scrambled with sausage, mushrooms, onions and cilantro. I asked for eggbeaters but was offered eggwhites (good substitute and appreciated it). There was plenty of sausage and cilantro, but onions and mushrooms were scant. Pretty good though. The potatoes were fried red new potatoes. They were big and chunky, cooked perfectly but the seasoning they used ruined it for both of us. We currently live in Seattle, where many restaurants try to be something pretentious, rather than creative and palate pleasing. These guys tended to remind us of the frou-frou Seattle type restaurant and should have paid more attention to the basics. Maybe our taste buds are not sophisticated enough to appreciate the offerings here but we were very disappointed. I had planned on grabbing a bunch of the baked goods on the way out for snacks later, but was so afraid that their looks would be deceiving I couldn't let myself take a chance on another disappointment. Breakfast was $36 for both with tip. A little spendy for less than stellar food. We won't return.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Good food and service. We've had breakfast and lunch here. Really good flavor and quick service. Great coffee!