“Excellent food, slow service (May 2010)”
Review of Meadows - CLOSED

Meadows
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Fourth time at this restaurant, excellent food but service is really slow. 1.5 hours for breakfast with no huge crowd.

Reviewed 15 September 2009

The Meadows is no longer the high quality restaurant it used to be. The menu is limited and not very original (and high priced), the food not well prepared (soggy lettuce, stale bread, overcooked fish and meant) and the service is awful because they are so understaffed.

For a nice dinner drive into Bend and enjoy any number of outstanding restaurants. In Sunriver go to Cafe Sintra for breakfast and Marcellos for dinner. Only go to the Lodge for a drink on the patio. It is a beautiful view.

2  Thank murphykds
Reviewed 25 December 2008

My husband and I had dinner at the Meadows this summer and it was dreadful. Worse than dreadful. The tomatoes in the salad had clearly been refrigerated and one was so green, I thought it might be a cucumber. The pasta was stuck together in an unappealing mass. They use those horrid potato cakes that restaurants rely on, the ones that are bought in bulk and kept in the freezer. Their cheesecake, which they told us was a specialty was gummy and worse than one you might find at a grocery store.

The one positive is that when I finished none of my meal, not the appetizer, main course or dessert, and was not interested in taking any of it home, the waiter alerted the manager who did listen to my reluctant complaints (I really just wanted to leave to find something edible). After spending all of that time, I thought the manager might at least discount my meal but a replacement cheesecake slice was all that was offered (and refused).

Two days ago, we sat in the Owl's Nest for lunch (same kitchen) and I had the fish and chips and my husband had the "sliders". Both were quite good, although neither are difficult items, and so we went to check the Meadow's menu. We have heard they have a new chef but noticed the potato cakes were still on the menu. I think we'll stick to the bar, the fish & chips, sliders & the burgers.

Reviewed 25 May 2007

Meadows is by far the best restaurant in Sunriver. Everything here is
first-rate and the service is second to none. Plus their manager Tim is really hot and very nice!

3  Thank FoodandWineFan