“Why would you eat any place else!”
Review of South Bend Bistro

South Bend Bistro
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Sunriver
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rustic farm-to-table Pacific Northwest cuisine served in a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere by our warm and professional staff. Please see our website for the most current menu.
“Why would you eat any place else!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a wonderful meal. The crab cakes were great, just dungeness crab meat and the tenderloin was luscious. This is not our first time that is why I say "why eat anywhere else,". So far all have been superb experiences. The service is gracious and accommodating. Alway friendly.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Judie V

Laguna Beach, California
“Fabulous for Foodies”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I took my wife, sister in-law and husband to South Bend Bistro several nights ago, and each of us was impressed with the food and service. My shrimp cake appetizer was nothing shout of fabulous, as was my duck entree - great saucing and ample sizes. The tenderloin was perfectly medium rare, as requested, and the salmon, also perfect. The wine list had a good selection of reasonably priced reds and whites (we had both, each for under $40).

My wife and I eat out frequently at high-end restaurants, and we are both accomplished cooks. Our meals at South Bend Bistro were easily as good as we make at home when entertaining -- not a compliment that I make lightly.

Jamie, the owner and our server for the evening, was delightful!

Overall review: Excellent and highly recommended.

4 Thank James J
Bend, Oregon, United States
“Great spot!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great food and service and always the freshest ingredients!!!!! The staff is great and we love going there when we're in town.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Chuck H
Bend, Oregon
“Lovely”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lovely waitresses and exceptional food. Perfect place for a dinner with friends. A Sunriver must do.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Marilyn K
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Sunriver Restaurant”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended so we reviewed the menu and wanted to try. It is a small restaurant so reservations are a must. We went at 6pm and were seated immediately on a Saturday night. We sat outside even though it was cool. I ordered the special Pan Seared Halibut and my husband had the beef tenderloin. We started with a salad which was small and ok but nothing extraordinary. The entree was a different story! Superbly incredible! I was worried about the food getting cool in the cool weather but the entrees were delivered hot and delicious. Truly my halibut was better than I hoped. My husband's tenderloin was so tender he could cut it with a fork. The accompanying whipped potatoes and asparagus and broccoli were perfect. The staff was attentive/excellent. This was our most enjoyable meal while spending a week in Sunriver. The prices were spot on for what we had! Loved this restaurant and the dinner we had!

• Visited June 2014