“Mavericks”
Review of Mavericks at Sunriver - CLOSED

Mavericks at Sunriver
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Our family rented a house in Sunriver for a long weekend and it came with passes to Mavericks and SHARC. We went to both facilities and found Mavericks much better. The pool, climbing wall, basketball court and game room are free to use with the pass. The only thing I paid for at Mavericks was the "Flowrider" wave machine for surfing and boogie boarding which was $20 for a session that lasts 2 hours. It was a lot of fun. The facility was clean and the staff were helpful.

3  Thank mdmemvp

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We went to Mavericks in Sunriver Oregon this weekend and though we had a wonderful time at the Sunriver Resort our experience at Mavricks was horrible. I called them to get details before we went and they told me it was $20.00 to use the facility. When I got there it was not only $20.00 to use the facility but an ADDITIONAL $20.00 to use the flowrider (which is the only reason to go to Mavericks), so the real cost is $40.00 per person. What a rip off. When I told the front desk girl that I had been told on the phone that it was $20, she simply said, "don't tell me about it". I told her I would be happy to convey the message to the manager, then she told me she was the manager. Really? This place has NO idea about customer service. The girl at the desk by the flowrider and pool (Hanna Shea Morgan)was just as bad. When I got back there she promptly told me "don't get mad at me", I said for what, she said "I didn't tell you it was $20.00". At any rate, this place just doesn't get that they are in business for the customer not the other way around. I will never go back, as this is a grade A rip off.

13  Thank Marcus W
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Very great service. Welcoming staff. Extremely clean! I've went to SHARC and I personally like Mavericks better. Unlike SHARC, mavericks has very nice staff! I would defiantly recommend Mavericks.(:

1  Thank Sunriverg
Reviewed 9 December 2012

we vacation in sunriver a couple times a year. mavericks is a facility that is based off of membership. if you do not belong...you must pay. however, there are options for everyone. the flowrider cost 20 per person, which was amazing, because every other flowrider that ive enjoyed was double the price. the staff was helpful in finding other activities for us to do on our vacation, like awesome restuarants or hikes etc. overall, the facility was clean and everyone was extremely nice. ive never been to a destination ASSUMING things are included. great place!!

1  Thank HJ3
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Our family vacationed in Sunriver this summer, and stayed in a vacation rental that had access to both Mavericks and SHARC. Mavericks was nice because it was less crowded, and there were no lines for pool access, rock climbing wall, basketball court, or exercise equipment.

On the flip side, however, their pools are indoor only, and way less exciting for kids. My 4 & 6 years old daughters were bored here.

Mavericks' biggest attraction for us, was their Flowrider wave pool, which my husband and son spent time on, "learning" to surf. They had lots of fun! Riding the wave pool required that you sign up ahead of time for a designated time slot, and the cost was 20 dollars for 2 hours. This price is not included in Mavericks access.

In all, Mavericks is a fun place, but next time we vacation in Sunriver, we may skip it.

1  Thank MBrace