“Not as Advertised”
Review of Sweet Home Inn

Sweet Home Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sweet Home
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Sweet Home Inn is NOT worth the price. The spa is only by request and only from 7-9PM when I decided to stay a second night I was overcharged. The owners are rather rude and the "Majestic River" is an overgrown drainage creek. Will NEVER stay there again. The housekeepers were very nice but the owners were rude.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brenda M

Reviewed 4 October 2011

This was my second stay at the Sweet Home Inn. It’s not the Ritz but it’s clean and close to my family. A recent review complained that there was no confirmation provided for their reservation. I booked through their website and got an email confirmation from them so I’m not sure what happened to theirs. Not sure what happens if you make a phone reservation.

Check-in: We arrived around 1:00 PM and checked in. There was no one in the lobby when we arrived but the manager stepped out promptly when I rang the bell. She was very pleasant and courteous. The process was quick and easy.

The Room: The room is basic and no frills in the older section. I haven’t seen the newer section so I can’ t really comment there. The brick wall makes the room a bit dark and cave like but overall it was clean, comfy and acceptable. The amenities are sparse. I think there was one small bar of soap and one bottle of shampoo and lotion. Not really enough if two people are sharing it. There’s a TV, small fridge and microwave in the room for your use along with a small table to dine at. The wireless is free and the connection was sufficiently quick.

Noise: The rooms are non-smoking so our dear neighbors stood outside their door to smoke and chat in the evening. Not only did I have to walk through their smoke to get to my room but I had to listen to the chatter, slamming doors and smell the smoke from outside. The rooms in the older section are in a long single level section with parking right in front. The doors are thin so you can pretty much hear anything happening right outside your door. Not a great thing I you are a light sleeper and adverse to cigarette smoke.

Check out: We left at about 9 am on a Sunday. There was no one at the desk and it took a couple minutes for someone to respond when I rang the bell. I was just getting ready to leave the key on the counter and take off when she came out. No issues with the bill or any charges so off I went.

I would stay here again. As I said before, the Ritz it isn’t but it’s a small town with not a lot of options and if you just need a place to sleep it fits the bill.

Room Tip: Request the top floor of the newer section for a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsCombs
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed at the Sweet Home Inn last year for our family reunion and, except for some overbilling, which did get straightened out, it wasn't a bad experience. This year we booked 12 rooms, which got cut to 11, then 10, by the hotel......the day we were to check in, they informed us they only had 7 rooms available for our party and yelled at my 82 year old mother, when she reminded them she had talked to them a few days prior. We were forced to find other accommodations for the 30 people coming in from everywhere and ended up over 30 miles away from Sweet Home. All of this is bad enough, but they turned around and charged us over $700 for canceling.

Room Tip: Rooms are not bad, but management is, unfortunately, very unpredictable. They do not give confirmat...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank LDRice
Reviewed 17 June 2011

the hot tube and sunna only worked when yoy request it and then its only available from 4pm to 9pm you have to turn it on yourself and it takes 2 hours to heat up kind of a joke.other than that its ok

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EKIMKc
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We are currently staying, and so happy with, this cute little family-owned motel. The staff has been super, the room is spotless and we slept like babies in our quiet room. Our little 8 lb. poodle was allowed to stay with us, for a fee, so that made us happy, too. We are visiting family who live in this town and we suggested to them that they recommend this motel for other visitors. We will stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: We are staying in older single story wing.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I like to root for independent motels. The fact that one is in a small town brings up sentimental hopes that you will be staying in a quiet and quaint place. Yes, Sweet Home is all of the above as a town, but staying in the older wing of this motel will drive you crazy if you're sensitive to ambient noises from other guests. The walls were so thin that not only could I here every word in the phone conversation from the guest next door but I could hear every word from the person they were talking to on the phone!! Aargh!

Not to mention if inane laugh tracks from the television program in the neighboring room next door might bother you, stay in Lebanon, the next town over.

This motel was clean and the staff friendly, however.

Room Tip: perhaps the newer wing is quieter?
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank unka88
Reviewed 11 November 2009

the tub was great after i fixed it, first round one of us had to sit on the stopper so the water wouldn't drain out,,,but i switched it out with the bathtub stopper and everthing was fine ,,,one of the best tubs i have been in,,,its the only motel in sweet home that sets off the main road, and with all those logging trucks you want to be off the main road,,,bring you own pillows the extra we asked for were hard,,maybe your own coffee cups too,,,this is a no frills basic room ,,a little over priced for what it is,,you have no one below you or next to you ,,,the spa and sauna is below the honeymoon suite,, and of course it was closed. make sure you bring a fly swatter,,theres a window that looks over the creeks real nice little view,,nice to hear the creek at night,,, but it does et off the main road would be the only reason i would recommend it to a friend and it was very clean and smelled clean too,,the girl that check us in was very nice young lady, and friendly,,,tv worked great alot of channels....hbo ,,,,go eat at the cedar shack omg! awesome

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo
Foster Lake Inn
Foster Lake Inn
#1 of 1 in Foster

Been to Sweet Home Inn? Share your experiences!