Sweet Home Inn
RodewayInn
US$116
US$110
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times while visiting family. It's overpriced for what you get, but it's much better than a couple of the other spots in town. Meaning it looks clean and presentable from the outside and it's fairly easy to get to.

I'll chime in with the other complainants about the spa, sauna and the hours that they're available.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill F
SweetHomeInn, Webmaster at Sweet Home Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our hotel here in Sweet Home. I’m pleased that you had a generally good experience with us, but I’m very concerned that we didn’t live up to your standards or expectations. We take great pride in our hotel, and I hope that shows. We’re also always working to get better. I hope you will give us another chance and see that we’re doing what we can to improve and enhance the guest experience.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The grounds are well maintained, and the place looks good from the outside for an older motel. I think the rates were a bit high for what you get at this facility. But I think it's the only game in town. And they know it.

It was adequate for a one night stay. No problem there. I needed to do wash, and they have a washer and dryer available for guests. A plus. Now the not so good.... In the older section (brick walls inside?) it can get a bit noisy. You can hear every conversation happening in the parking lot. But the thing that leaves the most significant impression was the uncomfortable HARD bed. It was a little softer than sleeping on the floor, literally. Also two really skimpy pillows.It did have a fridge, microwave, and tiny screen old-time TV.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank TheCosmicTraveler
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Sweet Home Inn is NOT worth the price. The spa is only by request and only from 7-9PM when I decided to stay a second night I was overcharged. The owners are rather rude and the "Majestic River" is an overgrown drainage creek. Will NEVER stay there again. The housekeepers were very nice but the owners were rude.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This was my second stay at the Sweet Home Inn. It’s not the Ritz but it’s clean and close to my family. A recent review complained that there was no confirmation provided for their reservation. I booked through their website and got an email confirmation from them so I’m not sure what happened to theirs. Not sure what happens if you make a phone reservation.

Check-in: We arrived around 1:00 PM and checked in. There was no one in the lobby when we arrived but the manager stepped out promptly when I rang the bell. She was very pleasant and courteous. The process was quick and easy.

The Room: The room is basic and no frills in the older section. I haven’t seen the newer section so I can’ t really comment there. The brick wall makes the room a bit dark and cave like but overall it was clean, comfy and acceptable. The amenities are sparse. I think there was one small bar of soap and one bottle of shampoo and lotion. Not really enough if two people are sharing it. There’s a TV, small fridge and microwave in the room for your use along with a small table to dine at. The wireless is free and the connection was sufficiently quick.

Noise: The rooms are non-smoking so our dear neighbors stood outside their door to smoke and chat in the evening. Not only did I have to walk through their smoke to get to my room but I had to listen to the chatter, slamming doors and smell the smoke from outside. The rooms in the older section are in a long single level section with parking right in front. The doors are thin so you can pretty much hear anything happening right outside your door. Not a great thing I you are a light sleeper and adverse to cigarette smoke.

Check out: We left at about 9 am on a Sunday. There was no one at the desk and it took a couple minutes for someone to respond when I rang the bell. I was just getting ready to leave the key on the counter and take off when she came out. No issues with the bill or any charges so off I went.

I would stay here again. As I said before, the Ritz it isn’t but it’s a small town with not a lot of options and if you just need a place to sleep it fits the bill.

Room Tip: Request the top floor of the newer section for a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsCombs
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed at the Sweet Home Inn last year for our family reunion and, except for some overbilling, which did get straightened out, it wasn't a bad experience. This year we booked 12 rooms, which got cut to 11, then 10, by the hotel......the day we were to check in, they informed us they only had 7 rooms available for our party and yelled at my 82 year old mother, when she reminded them she had talked to them a few days prior. We were forced to find other accommodations for the 30 people coming in from everywhere and ended up over 30 miles away from Sweet Home. All of this is bad enough, but they turned around and charged us over $700 for canceling.

Room Tip: Rooms are not bad, but management is, unfortunately, very unpredictable. They do not give confirmations or respond to faxes or emails.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family