“Keith's Review”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Keith's Review”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had an excellent stay at the Shilo Inn, in The Dalles Oregon. The room was clean and well equiped. I stayed there for two nights. The staff was helpful and friendy. I had a great experience with Paula the night Auditor, she vary very friendly and helped with some questions I had. The breakfast was good and got my morning started in the right direction. I would definetly stay again.

Room Tip: North side rooms have a great view of the Columbia river
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Keith G
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Keith, Thank you for your great review about your stay with us here. I am glad that you had such a great experience. I will pass along your comments in regards to our staff as they appreciate to hear that they are doing a great job. We look forward to welcoming you again. Thank you, H. Baker General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed. Fitness room still under renovation, looks like for over 6 months now. Very outdated rooms, loud freeway noise and no noise reduction from room next door. Management could at least try to make rooms more comfortable with adequate pillows and towels.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chandra P
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Chandra P,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will return for a future stay when our fitness room renovation is complete. Sincerely, H. Baker, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these The Dalles hotels

The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Rooms haven't been updated since the 80s. Two tiny towels and only 1 wash cloth in a queen room. Old hard pillows. Not at all worth the price. Restaurant is pricey and I could have burned my own fish at home for a lot less money. Too bad as the location has potential!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jdgff
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear JDGFF,
Thank you for your commenting on your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We value your comments, as we are constantly trying to improve our guest’s experience. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Sincerely, H. Baker-General Manager
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at The Dalles Shilo Inn on our way to the Oregon Coast. We were pleasantly surprised. I had not read any of the reviews before our stay, but we did not have any issues. The wi-fi worked great. We did not hear noises from other guests. The bed was comfy and we loved our room. The decor is dated, but our overall experience with this property was good. We would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Djbtravis
Thank you for your recent review and for being a valued Shilo guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Sincerely, H. Baker-General Manager
Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times in the past, but I think we will probably look elsewhere from now on. Yes, the place is well worn,the spa is still "under construction",the bar had 4 stools (most occupied by off duty staff) and it looks like the hotel is going to close at anytime. I paid $176.00 for 1 night with a pet and the night before we stayed at Oxford Suites on Jantzen Beach for $129.00 with a indoor pool, a working spa and a much better hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt M
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Matt M,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. I sincerely apologize that our spa was not operational and for the inconvenience you experienced. We are currently undergoing a complete refurbishment of that area. I hope that you will give us a future opportunity to regain your confidence when we complete the spa renovation.

Heather B.-General Manager
Fall Creek, Oregon
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had always thought Shilo Inns were a higher quality location. The Dalles location is in need of updating. There was no wifi in rooms. The bathroom door would not latch, the next room's TV sounded like it was in our room, and everything looked very used. We had considered staying at the Super 8. I think it would have been a better deal.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ken D
Dear Ken D,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. I sincerely apologize that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Your comments are important and will be used to improve our guest experience. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

H. Baker-General Manager
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have never stayed at a Shilo Inn and will hesitate to stay in any of their inns. Once we checked in we noticed that the outside "secure" doors which supposedly needed your key only needed to pulled opened. So for security there was none. The hot tub was unavailable, the business center in the lobby was out of service and my husband had to go to the bar to get ice since none of the ice machines were working. Our room was very dated but it was clean. The shower had hot water once you were able to "find" it! I have never had a hard time adjusting the shower dial for 5 minutes trying to find the hot water! The breakfast was good. You got one of three choices. Ours consisted of 1 egg, 1 pancake and 2 sausage links. You also were given 1 c beverage choice.. Overall, I will certainly avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 2014emptynesters
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your recent comment on your stay with us here in The Dalles. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. We are continuing to work on the Spa Fitness area so that it may be utilized once again by our guest, and do apologize that you were unable to take advantage of the area. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may identify which room that you stayed in so that we may address the issue with the shower controls.

Heather Baker
#1 of 1 in Lyle
Celilo Inn
Celilo Inn
#2 of 9 in The Dalles

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles? Share your experiences!