Shilo Inns The Dalles
US$126
Celilo Inn(The Dalles)
US$120
US$111
Motel 6 The Dalles(The Dalles)
US$84
US$78
The Dalles Inn(The Dalles)
US$131
Budget Inn Motel(The Dalles)
US$98
US$95
Oregon Motor Motel(The Dalles)
US$67
Priceline
R & R Guest House(The Dalles)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe rivercinnamon pancakesdalles dambeautiful viewnice roomfriendly servicegreat customer servicebed was comfortableheatherscottiegorge
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My first complaint is that I had sent an email to the hotel when I made the reservation mentioning that my colleague has feather allergies and requested foam pillows, non-feather bedding, etc and that if this could not be accommodated to let us know. No one ever responded and upon check in the agent at the desk smiled when asking and said "I think so." Luckily, his allergy is not major, so he was only miserable when we were in the room. Prior to arrival I had called asking if the television had inputs to connect a laptop to it to allow us to edit and view the footage we shot on a larger screen, which again was not answered directly. The agent informed me it was possible but not with certainty. Along with the bedding and television miscommunications, we also were fairly disgusted to have all the flies in the room, bug spatter on the lamp shades, the wall, and the carpet in near the bathroom door coming up. Finally, going outside to enjoy some fresh air was not possible as there was a wasp nest directly outside the sliding door, which was communicated to the agent at check-out. Then there is the WiFi, actually there is not because we were never able to connect to it and once we did (for a total of 10 minutes until it dropped) the speed was equivalent to dial-up. The other issue that I know we were not the only ones who noticed was that there were no towels at the pool and not to mention that when you looked at getting in having all the dead bugs was a real enticing incentive for one to want to partake in.

While your agent communicated that the restaurant is a separate entity, which I understand, if you are going to offer and market "free breakfast" you may want to indicate the portion is only fitting for a small child and providing enough vouchers for the number of occupants in the room. (2 of us for 2 nights and only 2 vouchers?)

All in all, I can guarantee I will not be returning and will recommend to my other colleagues who will be traveling out that way.

Finally, I will say that the agent did attempt an appeasement adjustment, of $10, and I am sure it is policy based but I would expect a bit more for all the issues and comforts that were not met during this stay. For what we paid for 2 nights, I certainly did not expect such a low level of service.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inns The Dalles, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear JGPDX5535,
Thank you for your recent comment on your stay with us here at The Dalles Shilo Inn. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be reviewed with the team and corrective action will be taken immediately.

General Manger

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Room was ok, clean but could use an update. There is a weird odor throughout the place I think it's a mixture of Cajun food and must. The location is nice as is the view but I can't say I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Schrodes

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. Sincerely, H. Baker-General Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was, in a word, STRANGE! Everything about it -- exterior and interior -- was extremely dated. The free breakfast was horrible, right down to the coffee. And though I'm from Seattle, I'm the farthest thing from a coffee snob. The service for breakfast was at least as bad as the food. The server was nice but, again, STRANGE! She was also incompetent and awkward. She said things that shocked us (and by "us" I'm referring to two liberal dudes enjoying a fly fishing trip), and we're not easily shocked! The Shilo was also way overpriced. However, every other place within about 20 miles was booked up, and we soon discovered why there was vacancy at good ol' Shilo Inn! I travel often and have stayed in some weird places (Wyoming and Montana have the highest number per capita, in my mind!). Our experience at The Shilo puts it in my top 10 weird places to overnight.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. Please be assured that I will speak to the restaurant owners in regards to your comments and concerns of the restaurant staff. Thank you for being a valued Shilo guest and do hope to welcome in the future.

Shilo Inns

Reviewed 22 July 2014

clean rooms, nice view, pleasant staff the dining room needs improvement but there are many restaurants close by.The free breakfast is not very appealing and the coffee cup, silverware and the oval bowl the biscuits came in were dirty The pool is nice and clean and water is warm. Beautiful view of the river

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dragonlady529,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to inform the restaurant owners about your restaurant comments. Thank you for being a valued Shilo guest.

Heather Baker-General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I wish that I could give "negative" marks. We were on a motorcycle ride and recently stayed at the Shiloh Inn.

We should have slept under the motorcycle. At least then the bugs would have been expected.

When this motel was first constructed it was probably a very nice place to stay. But a lot has happened since the Vietnam War ended. But not much has happened to the property. The decor was old. Not retro. Not "shabby chic." Just old and dated, with a sort of smell. The room wasn't much better.

We were upgraded - for some reason - to a "suite." Remember the old television sets you gave to Goodwill when you upgraded to a flat screen? Evidently this motel went out and bought them. We had two of these boxes in our room. Both of them having a bad picture, poor reception and tinny sound.

And that was the part I liked! The bed was uncomfortable. The linen was old and worn. The tub water had a hard time going anywhere. The toilet ... well ... let's just say that the "third time was a charm."

In the morning I went to the old and dated (maybe that is the theme) restaurant. After waiting for 45 minutes I was finally served my old and dated and dried scrambled eggs, paper thin ham and cheap toast. I would have complained but I did not want to wait another 45 minutes to leave.

Obviously, we won't be back. Hopefully, others will find a reason to stay away as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PQBrown,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We value our guest comments and will use them to help improve our guest experience.

General Manger