“Quiet and comfortable!”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
Bradenton
“Quiet and comfortable!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The pool was perfect temperature. The room was clean, smell-free. Bed was comfortable. Check in experience went smoothly. Paula at the front desk was friendly and helpful with suggestions for area activities. Highly recommended.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul D
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Paul D, Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being a valued Shilo guest and we look forward to welcoming you in the future. Thank you, H. Baker General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is by far one of the worst hotels that I've stayed at by far! Called in advance to see how much the rooms were, was told $149 and since it was going to be so late that they would charge me $119. I asked about there room rates for military and they told me $92 plus tax thought ok this hotel has the best rate available so I figured I would stay here for the night. When we got there they wanted to charge us the $119 plus the $75 deposit it took 20 minutes to check in, we were the only ones in line! So we started to get settled into bed and there was a knock on the door and it was the front desk to come and give us the change since they quoted us $92 plus tax. That's the only positive about staying there! When we woke up in the morning we went to go checkout and then headed for breakfast..it took the lady 10 minutes to check us out and get us our deposit back! Went to breakfast and there little coupons for breakfast are nice and all but the amount of food you get is not worthy!! It's a very small portion. We asked for a full menu and ordered pancakes....bad mistake!!!! Was very rubbery.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these The Dalles hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed ! My birthday weekend was suboptimal and the management did nothing but make excuses and push the blame on semantics ! Don't let the waterfront property mislead you. I booked through booking.com. and got a great view of the parking lot. Very out of character for Shilo :(

• Stayed July 2014
Dear LaReina S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here and I do apologize that your birthday weekend didn’t go as planned. We do offer rooms with views of the outdoor pool area and Dam however we didn’t have those available for an upgrade when you arrived. Had those room types been available we would have gladly provided you with a room with a view.

Heather baker
Boise, ID
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This property is really down at the heels and in bad repair (and not just cosmetics/style). It is also grimy--in our room there was a blob of toothpaste on the faucet, holes in both the blanket and the bedspread, and something sticky on the rod you pull to open and close the curtains. The room was so grungy I literally sniffed the towels to make sure they were clean, and I wouldn't walk around the room without flip-flops.

The staff at the front desk was friendly, and so were other folks we encountered--a housekeeper, a groundskeeper and the servers in the restaurant. The view of the dam and the river is nice, and the pool, the restaurant (which was SUPER weird, BTW) and some of the rooms have a view of both.

Bottom line: If you like things clean and up-to-date, this is not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, might as well get a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SamiMack,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be used to make improvements. I sincerely hope you will give us a future opportunity to earn your confidence.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My first complaint is that I had sent an email to the hotel when I made the reservation mentioning that my colleague has feather allergies and requested foam pillows, non-feather bedding, etc and that if this could not be accommodated to let us know. No one ever responded and upon check in the agent at the desk smiled when asking and said "I think so." Luckily, his allergy is not major, so he was only miserable when we were in the room. Prior to arrival I had called asking if the television had inputs to connect a laptop to it to allow us to edit and view the footage we shot on a larger screen, which again was not answered directly. The agent informed me it was possible but not with certainty. Along with the bedding and television miscommunications, we also were fairly disgusted to have all the flies in the room, bug spatter on the lamp shades, the wall, and the carpet in near the bathroom door coming up. Finally, going outside to enjoy some fresh air was not possible as there was a wasp nest directly outside the sliding door, which was communicated to the agent at check-out. Then there is the WiFi, actually there is not because we were never able to connect to it and once we did (for a total of 10 minutes until it dropped) the speed was equivalent to dial-up. The other issue that I know we were not the only ones who noticed was that there were no towels at the pool and not to mention that when you looked at getting in having all the dead bugs was a real enticing incentive for one to want to partake in.

While your agent communicated that the restaurant is a separate entity, which I understand, if you are going to offer and market "free breakfast" you may want to indicate the portion is only fitting for a small child and providing enough vouchers for the number of occupants in the room. (2 of us for 2 nights and only 2 vouchers?)

All in all, I can guarantee I will not be returning and will recommend to my other colleagues who will be traveling out that way.

Finally, I will say that the agent did attempt an appeasement adjustment, of $10, and I am sure it is policy based but I would expect a bit more for all the issues and comforts that were not met during this stay. For what we paid for 2 nights, I certainly did not expect such a low level of service.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear JGPDX5535,
Thank you for your recent comment on your stay with us here at The Dalles Shilo Inn. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be reviewed with the team and corrective action will be taken immediately.

General Manger
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Room was ok, clean but could use an update. There is a weird odor throughout the place I think it's a mixture of Cajun food and must. The location is nice as is the view but I can't say I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Schrodes
Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. Sincerely, H. Baker-General Manager
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was, in a word, STRANGE! Everything about it -- exterior and interior -- was extremely dated. The free breakfast was horrible, right down to the coffee. And though I'm from Seattle, I'm the farthest thing from a coffee snob. The service for breakfast was at least as bad as the food. The server was nice but, again, STRANGE! She was also incompetent and awkward. She said things that shocked us (and by "us" I'm referring to two liberal dudes enjoying a fly fishing trip), and we're not easily shocked! The Shilo was also way overpriced. However, every other place within about 20 miles was booked up, and we soon discovered why there was vacancy at good ol' Shilo Inn! I travel often and have stayed in some weird places (Wyoming and Montana have the highest number per capita, in my mind!). Our experience at The Shilo puts it in my top 10 weird places to overnight.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. Please be assured that I will speak to the restaurant owners in regards to your comments and concerns of the restaurant staff. Thank you for being a valued Shilo guest and do hope to welcome in the future.

Shilo Inns
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Celilo Inn
Celilo Inn
#2 of 9 in The Dalles

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles? Share your experiences!