“Good Place For Business Travelers”
Review of Oregon Motor Motel

Oregon Motor Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 The Dalles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I often stay at the Moter Motel. About 3 or 4 times a year for work. They have actually improved it alot since I started staying there about 3 years ago. They have new flat screen TVs, Nice bedding, Tables with lighting in all there rooms for getting paper work done too. It is an older motel but has all the basics, and most important its clean and has a friendly staff.

-Derrick
Farmer-Stockman

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Derrick B

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The second I stepped in the office, I thought I had made a terrible mistake, but I was desperate for a cheap room.

The first room was bad, and the second room they offered was even worse.

ROOM ONE:
The only room available with 2 queens in the "remodeled section" was a CRAMPED one bedroom with an extra bed blocking the door to the bathroom.
The mattresses are new-- so there's that.
The bathroom was dirty and cramped, and the shower was so short, I couldn't fit into it, with a broken water faucet and no water pressure. The A/C unit was so loud, there was no way we would have been able to sleep at all.

ROOM TWO:
This jem was located around the corner, in the "not updated" half of the motel, with an un-lit parking lot and a pool that is covered and definitely illegal.
What a nightmare. The bedding, walls, ceiling, and curtains were covered in grime.
The mattresses were ancient and when tested, felt as hard as the floor.
The bathroom was poorly functioning, dirty enough to disgust, and best described as "sketchy".

Run, Run, Run.
Don't even stop. At least I did get a refund.

Room Tip: If you choose to book a room, make sure you can thoroughly inspect it before you commit to a rental...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Don W
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would stay here again... There was everything we needed for a comfortable night. It is an older place and I imagine the cost of updating everything would be inhibitive. The bedding was updated, clean and comfortable. My only "complaints" (or suggestions) is that there would be less furniture in the room. (#110) There was a desk and two chairs and a large, long dresser as well as fridge, microwave and nightstands...it seemed just a bit too crowded.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed here twice in March most recently on the 30th of March. This place was clean and mostly in order. It is obvious that the owner is trying to keep the place up. It is older and smaller but it was decent and we did come back for another night. It is close to downtown and there are several bars and restaurants close by. We saved a lot staying here and it was convenient and cozy. One downside is there are train tracks nearby but the heating system mostly drowned out the train noise with white noise. So it was Ok. We would stay there again. It is hard to find decent rooms for around 50 bucks in the Dalles but this is one place that offers them.

Room Tip: Run the fan during the night for train noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I booked this motel because of some of the reviews but it was a mistake. The man at the front desk was extremely friendly but I could tell by the dirty surroundings I was not going to be happy. Our bedspread was filthy I was afraid to walk on the carpet bare feet and dust covered everything. The lamp shades had burn holes in them. The bathroom was vintage definately but I was not going to step on the rubber pad in the shower who knows how long it had been there. The motel was packed but I believe it was mostly working people as 6am they were all up and going to work. I will never stay here again. There is a super eight a few blocks down stay there next time. We did bring a dog and the deskclerk offered us a blanket and dish for her which I thought was so nice but we do bring our own supplies

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Initially I read many conflicting reviews of this motel, then noticed that the bad were written before the remodel. I found my room charming, modern, very clean, and with a comfortable bed. They kept the original bathroom intact which I just adored. Great vintage motel signs too, four of them! My only complaint would be the super loud heater, but it works well and does not need to be on long, so it was really not an issue. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Melanie R
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I did not feel very comfortable staying at this motel. When I arrived, there was only one other car parked there (and it did not get any more crowded that night) and the manager was already waiting for me in the parking lot. He was very kind and gave me a room on the ground floor. The major problem was that there were no window curtains just those big dusty and smelly side curtains, and there was no fly screen on the window. So basically, everyone walking by could have just jumped through the window not to mention the fact that they could open the door lock or take a look into the entire room. That was a problem for me as I do not like to use the A/C nor was there any reason to use it. But with those kinds of windows, it did not leave me any options. The room itself was very smelly, not dusty or moldy but smelled like an ashtray. The room definitely was a smoking room and you could not get the smell out of it anymore. However, at least the room was somewhat clean, but there stains on the sheet, pillows and towels. So I did not plan on getting too comfortable in there. I literally just stayed for the night and left, never looking back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
#4 of 9 in The Dalles
Three Rivers Inn Biggs
Three Rivers Inn Biggs
#1 of 1 in Biggs Junction

Been to Oregon Motor Motel? Share your experiences!