“Favorite Outing”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating
The Dalles, Oregon
“Favorite Outing”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My significant other and I have been frequenting Anzac for about a year and a half now. Every single visit has been lovely. The tea is exquisite and the food is delicious but even so the atmosphere and the wonderful owners are what truly make Anzac Tea Parlor fabulous. Bev always has an interesting story to tell about her time in Australia and she's an extraordinarily kind woman. Alan too is a very kind person, he's always sure to ask my significant other and me how our lives are and how school is going for the both of us. The parlor itself is quaint and homey; the dishes are clean (while you may spot tea stains in the pots, that is no sign of a dirty pot) and the presentation is good.
As I leave town to start my life, I am sad to say goodbye to Anzac. No doubt, however, that whenever I return to The Dalles, I will visit Anzac.

• Visited July 2014

Oregon
“One of my favorite secrets in The Dalles!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Anzac Tea Parlour is one of my very favorite places for lunch in TD! In fact, it is my favorite. It is perfect for girlie special occasions (bridal showers, birthdays, etc.). It is a very feminine, cozy atmosphere and the food is DELICIOUS. The scones are TO DIE FOR. I love that you pick your own tea set when you arrive and there is a huge selection of hot teas to choose from. I have grown to love tea because of Anzac and I never leave without buying a bag or two of loose tea. I highly, highly recommend this for you and your girlfriends. Small children might not enjoy this experience but my teenage daughter loved having high tea with me! Love, love it.

• Visited April 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Food & Expression!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I just happened to stay the night in the Dalles (Celilo Inn) and were pleasantly surprised when we stopped in at ANZAC. We were ushered straight back through the working kitchen to where the action takes place. We did not have time to sit and enjoy the tearoom as we needed to head back to Hood River and down the Gorge. Thought maybe we could get some tea gift or a scone. The owners (Alan and Bev) were very friendly and super hospitable... they offered a couple 2-GO boxes which I don't think is standard... complete with Devonshire Cream/Jam. We enjoyed the lunch outside in Hood River - Delicious. The scone was amazing, along with the egg tart, the chicken sandwich/and cucumber sandwich - fresh fruit, dipped strawberry (which, by the way was incredible)... and, almost forgot the Anzac biscuit (cookie). The food and conversation (while there) was top-notch... these folks are super - stop and experience this first-hand! Many thanks/blessings for making our anniversary trip memorable and for going the extra mile to accommodate us during your busy time.

• Visited June 2014
Oregon
“Old fashioned tea”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a fun place to go for tea and dainties. In an old period home decorated in Victorian style. Pick out your china cup and enjoy tea and a plate of tea sandwiches and goodies. Felt I needed to wear a hat and gloves but not required.

Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The tea parlour might be a little on the small side but the food and service are great. These were the best scones I've ever had. Bev pays alot of attention to the details and makes sure the food is fresh and tasty with just enough variety. Her tea selection is extensive; offering many of the usual blends and a few wonderful surprises as well. The only criticism we have is that the tea pots were dirty and there is a general "dustiness" to the place...it could use a good cleaning. That said, the hostess is lovely, the tea is plentiful and the food is superior.

• Visited May 2014