“Back From College Favorite”
Review of The ANZAC Tea Parlour - CLOSED

The ANZAC Tea Parlour
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
The Dalles, Oregon
“Back From College Favorite”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

ANZAC Tea is my absolute favorite place to get desserts and tea. I have frequented the restaurant for at least two years, and have visited for the last year and a half with my girlfriend. I will come back from college, which is hours away, with a constant goal of visiting the lovely little parlour with my friends or significant other. I cannot pinpoint what I appreciate the most, because I like everything about my visits.
The tea is fantastic. One may choose from a selection of black, green, white, herbal, and mix teas, with my favorites being the Pomegranate-Lemon Black Tea, Madura, Jasmine Dragon Tears (a green tea), or Fairytale Garden (The ANZAC mix). The prices for the food and tea are more than reasonable given how amazing the tea is, and how wonderful the food tastes. I can go there on a cheap college student budget and have a full experience, if that says anything of worth to the reader of this review.
The first time I visited I was so tickled when I learned you are supposed to pick out your own tea cup from their selection, and I frequent enough that I actually have favorites. There are also various other teacups, teapots, and other goods for sale in the parlour room, and I particularly enjoy being able to buy loose tea to take home or to college with me.
The atmosphere is calm and welcoming and the owners, Bev and Alan Eagy, always go the extra mile to make your visit a memorable one. They talk with customers, and take a genuine interest in making sure everyone is happy. They may offer up some local or Australian history, or relevant story when one visits, and are always warm when dealing with customers. The Eagys always seem to offer some kind gesture toward patrons, which makes the experience of dining there even more pleasant.
Listed above are some of the salient points (yes, salient, I could continue for much much longer) about ANZAC, and what comes to mind when I think of the place. Great local place, and is my back from college favorite!

• Visited July 2014

The Dalles, Oregon
“Favorite Outing”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My significant other and I have been frequenting Anzac for about a year and a half now. Every single visit has been lovely. The tea is exquisite and the food is delicious but even so the atmosphere and the wonderful owners are what truly make Anzac Tea Parlor fabulous. Bev always has an interesting story to tell about her time in Australia and she's an extraordinarily kind woman. Alan too is a very kind person, he's always sure to ask my significant other and me how our lives are and how school is going for the both of us. The parlor itself is quaint and homey; the dishes are clean (while you may spot tea stains in the pots, that is no sign of a dirty pot) and the presentation is good.
As I leave town to start my life, I am sad to say goodbye to Anzac. No doubt, however, that whenever I return to The Dalles, I will visit Anzac.

• Visited July 2014
Oregon
“One of my favorite secrets in The Dalles!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Anzac Tea Parlour is one of my very favorite places for lunch in TD! In fact, it is my favorite. It is perfect for girlie special occasions (bridal showers, birthdays, etc.). It is a very feminine, cozy atmosphere and the food is DELICIOUS. The scones are TO DIE FOR. I love that you pick your own tea set when you arrive and there is a huge selection of hot teas to choose from. I have grown to love tea because of Anzac and I never leave without buying a bag or two of loose tea. I highly, highly recommend this for you and your girlfriends. Small children might not enjoy this experience but my teenage daughter loved having high tea with me! Love, love it.

• Visited April 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Food & Expression!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I just happened to stay the night in the Dalles (Celilo Inn) and were pleasantly surprised when we stopped in at ANZAC. We were ushered straight back through the working kitchen to where the action takes place. We did not have time to sit and enjoy the tearoom as we needed to head back to Hood River and down the Gorge. Thought maybe we could get some tea gift or a scone. The owners (Alan and Bev) were very friendly and super hospitable... they offered a couple 2-GO boxes which I don't think is standard... complete with Devonshire Cream/Jam. We enjoyed the lunch outside in Hood River - Delicious. The scone was amazing, along with the egg tart, the chicken sandwich/and cucumber sandwich - fresh fruit, dipped strawberry (which, by the way was incredible)... and, almost forgot the Anzac biscuit (cookie). The food and conversation (while there) was top-notch... these folks are super - stop and experience this first-hand! Many thanks/blessings for making our anniversary trip memorable and for going the extra mile to accommodate us during your busy time.

• Visited June 2014
Oregon
“Old fashioned tea”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a fun place to go for tea and dainties. In an old period home decorated in Victorian style. Pick out your china cup and enjoy tea and a plate of tea sandwiches and goodies. Felt I needed to wear a hat and gloves but not required.

Visited March 2014