“Great stay, friendly staff”

Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Clean quiet rooms, microwave, fridge, etc. We needed to check out late in the afternoon and cancle the last night... and they made it hassle free. Very nice staff at the front desk and easy to work with. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank richardabouy
The_staff, Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We will share the kind comment to all of the staff. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I suggest you book ahead cos I think I was fortunate to get a room on the second floor as a walk-in late in the evening. The room was extremely comfortable with amenities for road-weary travelers like me: fast, reliable Wi-Fi; refrigerator; large closet; warm, comfy beds; quiet solitude; lots of storage areas; wide hallways & staircase, but alas, no elevator. I had a great view of Mount Hood and the bridge across the Columbia River taking you into Washington State. The town of The Dalles is 5 minutes by car and had everything I needed from auto parts to deli food to mobil phone service. I even considered relocating there.

Room Tip: There's no elevators, so if you're disabled I highly recommend taking a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John A
The_staff, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave this kind comment. Yes, with all the fun here, ( water rafting, wind surfing and 40 wineries) it is a great place to live. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our room was clean and smelled nice. It was quiet and secluded. They had a full breakfast and it was pretty good. No complaints. The staff were friendly and helpful when asking for advice on certain issues. I specifically asked for a first floor room and was accomidated. I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chinxican
The_staff, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for the kind comment, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was our first visit to The Dalles, and to this hotel. We were very pleased from the moment we walked in the door. We were welcomed with a friendly smile and fresh baked cookies.
Everyone on the staff here was very helpful and always friendly. The king room was quite clean and comfortable, with plenty of room. The free morning breakfast was always hot and very sufficient. it had a nice variety on it from cold cereal, pastries, two flavors of waffles and fresh real scrambled eggs. Breakfast was there even for those who got up late. The free internet is nice, and TV has all the basic channels.
Overall it was a very nice place to stay at, and would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you book this hotel more than 90 days out through choice.com, you may be able to get a significan...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric T
The_staff, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. We have been working on our breakfast area. Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at a Best Western but after a bad experience in Florence, OR, we decided to try something else in The Dalles.
The Comfort Inn was an excellent choice from the very beginning. A reservation was negotiated over the phone but I admit I was concerned because the price was so much less than the BW's we had been staying. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly manager who had our reservation ready exactly as negotiated. I loved the chocolate cookies at the desk. The room was comfortably furnished with a king bed. It had a split bath which was nice. Clean, clean, clean
Our 2 poodles were welcome at a small additional fee ( negotiated at reservation time). The hot tomato soup with crackers was a perfect evening snack.
After a quiet and most comfortable night's sleep and a good breakfast
we hit the road happy and well rested. We will stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank grizzlygiant
The_staff, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for choosing us! We are happy to see that your stay was so nice and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Long story short, this hotel stole $175 from us. My husband and I had planned to stay here for a night over the summer so called to book a room based off of the other reviews. A few weeks later, our plans changed. I called to cancel our reservation well before the deadline they stated in their cancellation policy. The front desk worker could not find my name in the system and told me that they reservation must not have gone through - I had never received the confirmation email and the worked checked under both my name and my husband's name so I took their word. Fast forward another month and I have a charge from this hotel on my credit card. i called the hotel and talked to a very kind man who did some searching via our credit card number and found out that the person who took my initial reservation had spelled my last name wrong. Therefore, when I called to cancel I couldn't be found in the system. After over a month of trying to contact the manager I have yet to hear a response. So, because of the incompetency of one of this hotel's workers we are now out $175. This is terrible and unacceptable. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosie L
The_staff, Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Please respond to our Corporate Email that is reaching out to you at the General Manager's request. On any furture stays, always provide an email for your reservation confirmation, or make a note of the reservation confirmation number when an email will not be provided. When unable to locate a reservation to cancel, the hotel staff can send you a cancellation confirmation in other ways to avoid a "no-show" charge, With your first & second contact to the hotel, the General Manager dicussed the charge and options for a future stay.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

From phone calls for reservations to check-out each interaction with any of the staff was very positive.

We spent two night there. The room was clean and neat. The area where the desk was in room we had was quite cramped...distance from to bed to desk was very short.

Breakfast was standard fare, but presented nicely and was restocked frequently. The eating area had more room that some places we stayed.

Despite being quite close to a freeway it didn't bother our sleep a bit.

The grounds outside the building were very well maintained...an example of what we found inside.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
The_staff, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments of our property. And, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do hope you will return soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near The Dalles
Columbia Cliff Villas Hotel
Celilo Inn
Celilo Inn
#2 of 9 in The Dalles

Been to Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge? Share your experiences!