“Expensive saloon food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Well the food is good but kind of expensive. We heard about it so have to try it out, but will not visit again due to the price.

There are newer reviews for Baldwin Saloon

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have eaten at the Baldwin a few times and the food has always been good. The last time we were there, as soon as we walked in with our 2 year old and 4 year old, we were informed that they don't have high chairs or booster seats. The do have a children's menu - a piece of paper and crayons for the kids to draw on, like at other restaurants.. Either they don't want kids there or they do - I'm just not sure. While the food is good, we won't be going back for a family meal.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The food here is excellent, awesome menu choices, service is great and our server was really over the top!!!!!! We would go there again. The rest of this review is for those who read my review that have Migraines and look for place that are "safe" to eat to avoid those!!!!

Really great menu.....cook everything from scratch except the Aus Jus for the Prime Rib sandwich.......so, the waiter did come tell me that after I was sitting there with a headache. :(

I did quiz the server pretty intently about the menu items....he assured me they made their own Prime Rib...the Aus Jus was from their seasonings........I was sitting there with a headache after eating a quarter of the sandwich....he came back, asked how we were doing, told him I had a headache, He was horrified when he told me the cook had just told him they buy the Aus Jus and it did have some MSG in it. Otherwise.....no headache and the food was homemade and super good!!!!!!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a large group which the wait staff handled smoothly with individual checks, etc., even with the rest of the tables being full. There were so many fresh fish specials and everyone loved what they ordered. Many delicious and varied menu items as well. Very good selection of tap beers. Dessert Spanish Coffee was excellent and the Apple Pie a la Mode was HUGE and delicious. Most items are homemade or house-prepared. We all said we'd happily come back the following night.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Every April I am in the area, and I make sure I eat here. Local produce and seafood, good booze, lovely staffers and fine desserts. And there is a piano player, too!