“Ok for one night”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
PNW
“Ok for one night”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Our room looked like it had been recently redone. It was clean and the AC worked very well. Furnishings were nicer than most Motel 6's I have stayed at. It did look like the taping and plaster work was done by an amature but other than that the room was nice.

The hallway walls and floors were nowhere near as clean or nice as the room.

Convenient to the interstate and a few places to eat not far away.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RLB_28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
North Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The receptionist was friendly. That's the only thing positive about the place. It was filthy and in need of repair. The tub had cracks in it, which almost disguised the hairs that were in it.The lighting was horrible. There was a lamp but no where to plug it in. I think there were four stations on the TV, none of which were entertaining or newsy. Breakfast consisted of coffee and the kids were each allowed one cup of cocoa. That was it! I was nervous leaving my vehicle in the parking lot overnight. I found the "security" door ajar every time I went through it

Next time we visit The Dalles, think we'll play it safe and stay at the Best Western in Hood River. It'll be worth the 20 mile drive for what we want top do in The Dalles.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these The Dalles hotels

Prineville, Oregon
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We have stayed at this Motel 6 several times in the past 3 mos. We get a pretty good internet rate and although the rooms are on the small side, they are very clean and
comfortable. The only complaint is that yes, the hallway does not look clean. We've
seen them cleaning so think they just need to replace the carpet It is just fine for a
quick overnight...

Room Tip: Rooms seem better on the 2nd floor which is non smoking at this Motel 6 and on the west side.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cowboy070
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I just read the other 3 reviews and have never had those experiences at this motel. We have stayed here probably 10 times or so over the years and have always had typical motel 6 experiences. As far as $60 goes, apparently there are few excess rooms in the Dalles. Everywhere is expensive.(there is a motel 6 in my town that raises its rates every weekend and lowers them during the week). I've never smelled cigarette smoke inside the motel, and never smelled urine in the building. It always seems clean to me. I can't comment on the noise complaint because I am hearing impaired. My wife has never complained though. We stay there because we are just looking for a place to sleep and then leave when we are there. If we were going to spend much time in the room I would probably look for something a bit roomier. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator. Coffee was available in the lobby. We will be back next time we need to stay a night in the Dalles.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slider05
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 August 2011

First, $60 for a Motel 6 is too much--they just aren't worth that much. I got there about 10:30 in the evening and started bringing my things into the room. The hallway to the room was filthy. Not dirty, but filthy. The room, however, was clean. My main complaint about the room was that it was very noisy. The AC/heating unit was very loud. I even wore earplugs and had trouble sleeping and was awakened several times during the night from it. I tried shutting it off and living with the heat but then, since it was within a stone's throw of the interstate, the traffic noise was very loud...even with earplugs. I also found the pillows too uncomfortable to use since they were too thick. Fortunately, I had a sleeping bag that I ended up using for a pillow.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else to get the best room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I don't know why a hotel would have smoking rooms on the first floor and non-smoking on the second floor. Smoke rises! The entire second floor is designated non-smoking, yet it smelled like a smoked-up bingo hall.

I agree with previous reviews. The place could use a scrubbing. Compared to other hotels in the area, prices were really good and that is why we stayed there. I have stayed in worse places, so I cannot give it a terrible rating.

If you need a budget place because you don't want to sleep in the car... here you have it!

BTW: free coffee and tea in the morning in the hotel lobby; both items were awful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I have stayed in many Motel 6 locations, so I don't expect the Waldorf-Astoria, but this was among the worst. The receptionist was a little gruff but friendly, but entering the first floor hallway, I was greeted by a strong smell of urine and unwashed bodies. The hall carpet looked like it hadn't been shampooed in years and was fraying. Upstairs was a little cleaner, and while my room was clean (except for a pubic hair and urine streaks on the toilet seat) but it reeked of chlorine bleach and, oddly, chewing tobacco (I didn't find any). The motel is close to the freeway and a busy railroad line, so the noise was fairly loud all night. Soap was provided, but no shampoo. The manager obviously does not read these comments or does not care, but I would recommend that this motel be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed June 2011
#7 of 8 in Hood River
Super 8 The Dalles OR
Super 8 The Dalles OR
#6 of 9 in The Dalles

Been to Motel 6 The Dalles? Share your experiences!