“Decent but not great. Could use some updates.”

Courtyard Portland Tigard
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Issaquah, Washington
“Decent but not great. Could use some updates.”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have stayed here many times. At least 10 times. It used to be my go to hotel when in the Portland area. I don't come to Portland as much for business but I do like the hotel. Very close to Washington square. Short drive to Portland. Had a really good breakfast and was included in the room because we were platinum members at Marriott. But I found a location in Portland thati like more in north harbour that is cheaper and nicer and newer so we stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here in recent months for three nights, four "days." Under circumstances, even for fairly short stay, felt I should write a review. The positive bit: day staff, day staff, day staff and housekeeping. Morning staff helped me get on my way, even running out to hand me faxes I'd forgotten to pick up for a meeting. They always set me on my way in good order.

So-so bit: Rooms. Beds seem new, but carpets so dirty that an hour or so a day I walked around in room in my dress socks, they became quite soiled. Couch clean, but fabric worn thin and material actually fraying. Nonetheless, housekeeping maintains what is in the room in an impeccably clean state (they can hardly be blamed for carpets simply too old).

Negative bit: Do not return from a long day's meetings to find the same level of service. The few times I called down at night, especially the night of my arrival from airport, the phone rang and rang. That first night, reluctantly, I got on the elevator and went back to the lobby to ask in person. The other two nights, I sat in their "bistro" (nice to have snacks and small dinners added but food overall needs improvement) and learned why the phone rang and rang. The night staff milled about the lobby, occasionally stepping behind the actual front desk (gasp). As I and several others watched from the "bistro" the night staff chatted it up, and the phone rang. We all looked at each other as we heard them answer with "I'm sorry I was with a guest." (There was not a weary soul in sight).

Finally, while waiting for the lift, I overheard this same night staff indiscreetly and rather loudly ridiculing another guest. So, while elements of the hotel are clearly above par, I wonder if the right and left hand know about each other. Beware uneven service. And get meals elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choice is between drone of a highway behind and intermittent noise of a very, very busy street in fr...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Mitch-On-The-Move
Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff have been extremely accommodating and friendly. Room well appointed and bed very comfortable. Cafe is one of the best I've experienced at a Courtyard. Definitely would recommend. Stayed here 1 week on business and found the staff at the cafe very attentive and friendly as well.

• Stayed April 2013
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a one-night stay at this Courtyard. It is probably the best one I've stayed in yet. The lobby has a nice lounge area and Starbucks! The rooms look like they have recently been freshened up. Clean, comfortable and quiet. I never heard people in the rooms next to me, and I didn't hear the nearby highway. I would definitely stay here again. I just wish that Marriott would serve breakfast at the Courtyards like they do at the Residence Inns.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Placitas, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

This is our 2nd stay at this property. We come to see family and the location of the hotel fits our needs perfectly. The room and beds are comfortable and clean. Nice touch with a microwave and refrigerator too. I do like the sink separated from the shower and toilet as well. The hotel is clean, nice lobby, exercise room, pool and hot tub all clean and spotless. Plenty of parking. There's also some ponds along the roadway in front of hotel that are home to some mallard ducks and Canadian geese. It's a nice walk to go see the baby ducks swimming in the ponds!

• Stayed March 2013
Talent, Oregon
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Great location, easy access just off I-5. Staff exceptioinally friendly. Very clean. Pool and hot tub clean, also excercise equipment in good working order. Very nice lounge and lobby area to sit in and work on computer or just read. Matress very comfortable and room was quiet, best night sleep in several months.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We're a retired couple who stay in several hotels between California and BC each year. We've never described a hotel stay as "perfect", but our time at the Courtyard Marriott was a close to that level as it gets. Our standard room was spacious, nicely decorated, and spotlessly clean. The toilet and bath tub were in a separate room from the sink/makeup area which we like. The hotel had a well-equipped business center and gym. The location was in a quiet business park a block away from Interstate 5. The staff was friendly and efficient and we had an excellent sleep. And best of all, we obtained the room on a Priceline bid of $55. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Have dinner at Sweet Tomatoes (buffet). Just walk out the front door of the hotel, turn right, and...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ronlk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard

Been to Courtyard Portland Tigard? Share your experiences!