“Very comfortable and attractive room.”

Courtyard Portland Tigard
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our room was extremely clean and had attractive modern décor and furnishings. It had a king size bed, a desk, and a good size tv screen, which pulled out from the wall and was on a swivel so that you could view it from either the couch or the bed. And speaking of the bed, it was the most comfortable and cozy that I have experienced in a hotel. Also, if we had stayed here in the summer I would have really appreciated relaxing on the large deck off of our 4th (top) floor room. This is a quiet area so you would not be accosted by traffic noise or other irritants. A plus is that it is very close to a few decent (mid-price range) restaurants) so you do not need to venture far afield to find a good meal. This hotel does not have a full dining room, but it is fine for a basic breakfast. Essentially, it is a Starbucks, but you can also get a nice bacon and egg breakfast. The other breakfast options are light; for example, yogurt and fruit, and the oatmeal with dried fruit and nuts is a nice stick-to-your ribs option. This hotel is in Tigard which is just 15-20 minutes or so by car south of Portland. The location was perfect for us because we had only intended to spend a day in downtown Portland, and then explore the surrounding area, (parks, etc.) which is beautiful. Also, the staff at the hotel are unfailingly polite and helpful. We were there in December, and I would definitely stay there again at any time of year. We would definitely choose this place again when travelling in this part of Oregon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had driven 11 hours to Tigard from the sunny Bay Area in California and our reservations were at this hotel. It was getting dark and was damp outside but once inside we were greeted by a warm, smiling staffer, Samantha, who brightened the day, immediately. Our room was lovely. It was warm, roomy, welcoming and very clean. Everything worked (lights, radio, wifi, microwave, fridge, etc., etc). We had a room with two queens which seemed more like two kings. Beds were quite firm with some cush on the top (not memory foam). Plenty of fluffy pillows. Linens were bright, soft, but absorbent and did not smell of bleach (yay!). Nice to have a lit magnifying mirror for the application of makeup. The only thing I would suggest is that they put a bit more wattage in the lights or add another lamp to this particular room as it was just a tad dark in there. The only other thing to consider is if you happen on this place on a holiday, check in with them to learn if they will have their Bistro open. We thought it would be and to our dismay it was not (we arrived a few days before Christmas eve). I would recommend to the hotel that under those circumstances they offer a pot of coffee in their lobby (the room coffee was not too good but neither would I expect it to be). There was a Starbucks nearby but on a very cold, dark morning, who wants to run outside? Swimming pool was great! Hot tub great! Exercise /gym was good and my grandson and I used the equipment to work out. The lobby was inviting and comfy, too.

Room Tip: We had a room on the highway side but could not hear the highway. It also had nice greenery to view...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

This has become my go to location when traveling to Portland for work. Our office is within a mile, which makes this a great location. The hotel is directly off I5, but far enough to not get the noise. There are many restaurants located in the nearby Bridgeport Village mall (less than a 5 minute drive).

The hotel itself is a standard courtyard. No better, no worse. They have small microwaves and a mini fridge in each room.

Tip: there is the bistro in the lobby that serves Starbucks, but there is also a full fledged Starbucks that shares the same parking lot, but is hidden in what looks like a normal office building.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We try to stay here any time we visit the Washington Square Mall. Good location and a great place for breakfast. The staff is always courteous and the rooms are clean. The area also is safe which is not always the case in a bigger city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is my third review of this hotel. The first was positive. The second less so. This will be even less although it's really between "poor" and "average." Best way to say it is that it's below average for a Courtyard.

Staff was friendly but the first room I got had residual smoke odor. The second was a little better but the heat was turned up on one of the warmest days of the summer. This room, too, did not have a fresh smell. It also could have been cleaned better. The hallways were hot and stuffy (AC was turned off) and a bit smoky. Staff did nothing about the smokers. Lots of kids running around but it was a weekend and they weren't bad.

This would be a great Super 8 but it's a Courtyard and it could do better if management really cared. And therein lies the rub. It's not a horrible place but it could and should be better. Over two years I've seen a progressive decline. Gradual, to be sure, but it's not improving.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 6530bx4
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have stayed here many times. At least 10 times. It used to be my go to hotel when in the Portland area. I don't come to Portland as much for business but I do like the hotel. Very close to Washington square. Short drive to Portland. Had a really good breakfast and was included in the room because we were platinum members at Marriott. But I found a location in Portland thati like more in north harbour that is cheaper and nicer and newer so we stay there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here in recent months for three nights, four "days." Under circumstances, even for fairly short stay, felt I should write a review. The positive bit: day staff, day staff, day staff and housekeeping. Morning staff helped me get on my way, even running out to hand me faxes I'd forgotten to pick up for a meeting. They always set me on my way in good order.

So-so bit: Rooms. Beds seem new, but carpets so dirty that an hour or so a day I walked around in room in my dress socks, they became quite soiled. Couch clean, but fabric worn thin and material actually fraying. Nonetheless, housekeeping maintains what is in the room in an impeccably clean state (they can hardly be blamed for carpets simply too old).

Negative bit: Do not return from a long day's meetings to find the same level of service. The few times I called down at night, especially the night of my arrival from airport, the phone rang and rang. That first night, reluctantly, I got on the elevator and went back to the lobby to ask in person. The other two nights, I sat in their "bistro" (nice to have snacks and small dinners added but food overall needs improvement) and learned why the phone rang and rang. The night staff milled about the lobby, occasionally stepping behind the actual front desk (gasp). As I and several others watched from the "bistro" the night staff chatted it up, and the phone rang. We all looked at each other as we heard them answer with "I'm sorry I was with a guest." (There was not a weary soul in sight).

Finally, while waiting for the lift, I overheard this same night staff indiscreetly and rather loudly ridiculing another guest. So, while elements of the hotel are clearly above par, I wonder if the right and left hand know about each other. Beware uneven service. And get meals elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choice is between drone of a highway behind and intermittent noise of a very, very busy street in fr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Mitch-On-The-Move
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Been to Courtyard Portland Tigard? Share your experiences!