“Great stay”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Vancouver
“Great stay”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great hotel in a location with easy access to I-5. Rooms were clean and spacious. Beds were comfy. Pool and hot tub were great. It's nice that they offer water with citrus in the lobby. We stayed in the first level and did not hear any noise from highway.

You definitely need a car in this location. The only complaint I have is that housekeeping knocked at our door and I told her to give us a few minutes as we are leaving the room. When we came back, our room was not cleaned at all. I guess there was a misunderstanding there somewhere.

Other than that, it was a great stay and will love to stay there again next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and for your kind words about your stay.

I am sorry for the communication issue regarding the cleaning of your room and will discuss this with our Director of Housekeeping to see how we can avoid this in the future. If you wish to speak with me further about this I am happy to do so and welcome your comments.

Thank you again for your time, your comments and for choosing our Tigard Courtyard by Marriott. All are greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.

Liz Sibert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at Marriott Courtyards in many different places in the US (including Denver, New York and Miami to name a few...all within the past year). ALL of these properties respected the Marriott Rewards Program and offered full Platinum Member benefits including complimentary continental breakfast. This is the FIRST Marriott property I have stayed at anywhere in the world that is refusing to honor the program benefits. I will never stay here again.

3 Thank joelob22
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve our services and amenities.

I'm sorry you are disappointed with our services. We truly value all of our guests and especially respect our elite Marriott Reward members from Basic to our honored Platinum and Platinum Premier. I did a thorough check of member benefits and contacted Marriott Rewards to insure I didn't miss anything. I am happy to discuss my findings with you at your convenience. You may contact me through the front desk typical business days and hours or I am happy to make myself available evenings and weekends if that works better for you.

Spokane, Wa
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The price was a little above what we usually spend, but it was a nice hotel. We stayed with a team for a sports event and they were very accommodating. The Bistro has good food and beverages and the outside patio was very nice. We enjoyed the hotel and will stay again when we come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SpokanePinch
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Colfax, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just spent three days at this Courtyard with a Seattle basketball team and their parents. The hotel was very accommodating to the young men and arranged a very reasonably priced buffet breakfast for the teams and their families. I left a heirloom needlework project when we left and was very pleased when I called to ask if it had turned up. The woman at the front desk made a special effort to locate my package and arrange to return it to me. The hotel is very convenient to the I-5 freeway, but very insulated from any road noise. We would definitely stay again if we have a reason to be in the Portland area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff at the Tigard Courtyard by Marriott. We all appreciate our guests taking time to offer feedback and we truly take all comments to heart. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful words to the staff. I know they will be thrilled to know that there efforts are right on target.

Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago and had a very good experience. Even though everything look fine then, they decided to refurbish the rooms, carpets and decor and it was perfect. The proximity to family is why we chose to stay here again. The entire staff was very courteous and seemed genuinely appreciative of their guests. There is a very clean cafe style restaurant called "The Bistro" with excellent breakfasts serving Starbucks coffee and very appealing dinner entrees with reasonable pricing. There is also an available snack stand for late night cravings and assorted personal care products.
We did experience a minor electronic glitch on our room door entry card reader and even though it was on a Sunday evening, management had their off duty maintenance worker return and it was fixed within 45 minutes but what really impressed me was that he returned the next morning to apologize for the inconvenience (there really was none) and to make sure all was functioning properly.
For those traveling in the southern Portland area and looking for a very nice place to stay just off Interstate 5, I would highly recommend the Courtyard by Marriott Portland Tigard.

Room Tip: The area in general is a quiet professional/office suite neighborhood and traffic on nearby I-5 was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Thomas W
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great team at this hotel. The stay was perfect, relaxing. It is getting a face lift in the hallways, but I never heard them, saw them or had any issues. I go to Tigard for business and will be back and will stay here again!

Room Tip: The breakfast is great! Errol and Christian serve the food with a smile. Great front desk team wit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear BradlyD,

Thank you so much for your kind words. This renovation has been a tough one and we so appreciate the patience of our guests as we upgrade our property.

I will be sure to pass along your wonderful review to the rest of the staff. I know they will be thrilled and look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 16 April 2014

After staying at the Courtyard Portland Tigard a half dozen times over the past six weeks I won't be returning after my current stay. The hotel has been in various states of construction over the past several weeks, at times I had to to call the front desk to complain about pounding at 9 pm. The service at the hotel has deteriorated - when I checked in yesterday the two front desk clerks were on the phone and I had to wait five minutes to get my room. And then, my preference for an upper floor were disregarded and I'm in a second floor room with a lovely view of the hotel dumpsters. Tonight was the last straw - I went to the Bistro to order fruit and brie (a featured item) only to be told that they were out of brie.

These reasons may individually seem petty but in the aggregate it just doesn't feel like my business is appreciated at this location. I've made my reservations for next week at the Hilton Garden Inn a mile away where I'm told there is no construction.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas G
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Mr. G.,

Thank you again for taking the time to communicate with me via email this past week about your recent issues at our property. I appreciate the information you passed along and the opportunity to improve our services. We are all looking forward to the completion of our renovation which will be within the next two weeks and hope you will come back for a visit.

Best regards,

Liz Sibert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard

Been to Courtyard Portland Tigard? Share your experiences!