“Where I needed it and clean”

Courtyard Portland Tigard
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed there when we had to pick up our rental motorcycle from Motoquest. I found this through hotwire. It was clean and well priced. Unfortunately, the wife forgot her pajamas there. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2014

For 4th of July long weekend I decides to visit crater lake and do a road trip on famed 101 highway. I was travelling from Seattle so it was highly unlikely that I will do a 1100 miles road trip in a single day, so decided to rest in this hotel for night and then start early next day to continue.

Room
The room seemed to be renovated recently as all the upholstery and carpet looked like new. Bed sheets were clean and crisp. Bed was also comfortable, not very soft and firm to my liking.
They had a small balcony which is good, although this made AC positioning in the room hard which effected the efficiency as the chair and table would block AC air.

Bathroom
Bathroom was cleaned and the towels were of exceptional quality (So soft :) ).

Hotel
The property offered a small bar and bistro for some breakfast options (Paid).

Wifi
Wifi was pathetic and this should be definitely be improved. They advertise free WiFi but all they offer is basic connectivity of very slow speeds. However, they do provide a faster service if you pay.

Overall
A nice stay, clean and quite hotel right on I5. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about our property. I'm happy you had an enjoyable stay with us and will pass along your comments to the rest of the staff.

I'm sorry our Internet wasn't working properly for you. We recently upgraded our system and have been receiving great reviews from our guests but obviously it wasn't working correctly for you. I will be sure to investigate so that your next stay with us will be problem free. If you have any more insight to this or any other matter please contact me at the hotel. I'm happy to discuss this with you.

Thank you again for your feedback, your time and for staying with us. We all look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great hotel in a location with easy access to I-5. Rooms were clean and spacious. Beds were comfy. Pool and hot tub were great. It's nice that they offer water with citrus in the lobby. We stayed in the first level and did not hear any noise from highway.

You definitely need a car in this location. The only complaint I have is that housekeeping knocked at our door and I told her to give us a few minutes as we are leaving the room. When we came back, our room was not cleaned at all. I guess there was a misunderstanding there somewhere.

Other than that, it was a great stay and will love to stay there again next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and for your kind words about your stay.

I am sorry for the communication issue regarding the cleaning of your room and will discuss this with our Director of Housekeeping to see how we can avoid this in the future. If you wish to speak with me further about this I am happy to do so and welcome your comments.

Thank you again for your time, your comments and for choosing our Tigard Courtyard by Marriott. All are greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at Marriott Courtyards in many different places in the US (including Denver, New York and Miami to name a few...all within the past year). ALL of these properties respected the Marriott Rewards Program and offered full Platinum Member benefits including complimentary continental breakfast. This is the FIRST Marriott property I have stayed at anywhere in the world that is refusing to honor the program benefits. I will never stay here again.

3  Thank joelob22
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve our services and amenities.

I'm sorry you are disappointed with our services. We truly value all of our guests and especially respect our elite Marriott Reward members from Basic to our honored Platinum and Platinum Premier. I did a thorough check of member benefits and contacted Marriott Rewards to insure I didn't miss anything. I am happy to discuss my findings with you at your convenience. You may contact me through the front desk typical business days and hours or I am happy to make myself available evenings and weekends if that works better for you.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The price was a little above what we usually spend, but it was a nice hotel. We stayed with a team for a sports event and they were very accommodating. The Bistro has good food and beverages and the outside patio was very nice. We enjoyed the hotel and will stay again when we come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SpokanePinch

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just spent three days at this Courtyard with a Seattle basketball team and their parents. The hotel was very accommodating to the young men and arranged a very reasonably priced buffet breakfast for the teams and their families. I left a heirloom needlework project when we left and was very pleased when I called to ask if it had turned up. The woman at the front desk made a special effort to locate my package and arrange to return it to me. The hotel is very convenient to the I-5 freeway, but very insulated from any road noise. We would definitely stay again if we have a reason to be in the Portland area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
lsibert, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff at the Tigard Courtyard by Marriott. We all appreciate our guests taking time to offer feedback and we truly take all comments to heart. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful words to the staff. I know they will be thrilled to know that there efforts are right on target.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago and had a very good experience. Even though everything look fine then, they decided to refurbish the rooms, carpets and decor and it was perfect. The proximity to family is why we chose to stay here again. The entire staff was very courteous and seemed genuinely appreciative of their guests. There is a very clean cafe style restaurant called "The Bistro" with excellent breakfasts serving Starbucks coffee and very appealing dinner entrees with reasonable pricing. There is also an available snack stand for late night cravings and assorted personal care products.
We did experience a minor electronic glitch on our room door entry card reader and even though it was on a Sunday evening, management had their off duty maintenance worker return and it was fixed within 45 minutes but what really impressed me was that he returned the next morning to apologize for the inconvenience (there really was none) and to make sure all was functioning properly.
For those traveling in the southern Portland area and looking for a very nice place to stay just off Interstate 5, I would highly recommend the Courtyard by Marriott Portland Tigard.

Room Tip: The area in general is a quiet professional/office suite neighborhood and traffic on nearby I-5 was...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Thomas W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego

Been to Courtyard Portland Tigard? Share your experiences!