“Great service & location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great service & location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I booked this room through a 3rd party which I normally never do so when I got there and my room type wasn't available, I was surprised I couldn't just switch to one that was. Lesson learned. The front desk staff was really great though, walked me over to the lounge after I declined the shuttle to the adjacent mall and took my cell # to call me as soon as the room was ready. The lounge was very comfortable and had a rally nice menu. I ordered the hummus appetizer which ended up being enormous AND delicious.. olives, cheese, pita... YUM. I got a call a little later and went to my room. The property is a little older, so the carpets have seen better days. Despite the normal wear and tear the place was very well maintained. I would have liked more outlets but the bed was very comfortable with lots of huge pillows. There was no light in the little coffee area which made that difficult and the closet had a weird smell, but not terrible. Just kind of musty. The shower was large with lots of shelves. The free breakfast in the morning did not disappoint. I love my Embassy Suites made to order omelet! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott_Youngblood, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Holly B,

Thanks for your business and sharing your experience on tripadvisor. Thanks for the favorable mention of our hummus appetizer! It's one of our menu's best kept secrets. Thanks, too, for the kind mentions concerning service, cleanliness and maintenance. We will certainly research your reservation to isolate and eliminate any musty smell in the closet. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very nice and pretty hotel will stay there again lots of parking and safe great location easy to get to places the breakfast was great real good pool was nice and the washing room was great room was huge nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank Kenneth D. V
Dear Kenneth,

We're especially excited when we earn a 5-star review and yours is no exception. We appreciate your endorsement and thoughtful comments. Your loyalty is the greatest reward for those of us who make a career of serving and we're grateful for your business.

Please come visit again soon,
Roseville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in the North wing - haven't stayed at this hotel before, so I don't know if the atrium rooms are better, but the North wing room we stayed in was dated (Mediterranean-style wallpaper) and average cleanliness. The carpet didn't look clean enough to walk in my stocking feet. I have stayed at Embassy Suites before, and was disappointed with this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tod66,

My heart sank as I read your review. We obviously didn't deliver an excellent experience for you and I'm truly sorry. For what it's worth, we're in the design & planning phase of a comprehensive refresh. I certainly hope that you'll consider staying with us again next year, as the physical experience you value will be dramatically different.

Delta, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel is right across the street from Washington Square Mall (easy walk...about 5 - 10 minutes at most). The complimentary breakfast (made to order omelettes are amazing) and complimentary evening reception were very well hosted and stocked! Staff are very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brit C,

Thank you for your terrific review. We're very concerned with making sure our guests enjoy the added benefits of staying with us. Embassy Suites presents a unique offering from other hotels and we strive to ensure that you perceive an unparalleled value and excellent quality.

We love your review and will look forward to our next opportunity to build your omelet!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just went there for a long weekend road trip and stay in there for 2 days....maybe we're little bit early to check in which is 3:30pm(but the check in time said 3pm), so we went to shopping mall nearby and went back after dinner, when we got the room, it have cookie crumble on the floor and the cabinet still had a pack of cookie!! After kid bath, we looking for the dryer and was missing....coz we booked the room thru priceline ,the room is not good for 2 adults and 2 kids, so the other day we asked for change. The staff was so kind to help us to change to other room, but the problem pop up again, I found a tiny needle on the carpet, so please parents ...we need to looked around first!!! The house keeping need to careful! Other than that is ok.....the breakfast is great ,the omelette is awesome!!! Beware a long line up for omelette!!! Lol

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Wendy K,

Thank you for your review and feedback. Please accept my personal apology for the circumstances you described in your suites. I'm embarrassed and will make every effort to locate your reservation and address the problems you've noted. Safety and superb cleanliness are our highest priorities and we take feedback like yours very seriously.

Tigard, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I came in on business unplanned and ordered room service upon arrival the hotel service is excellent, in room dining very good, clean and quality linens. noise from elevator running I should have asked to change rooms. Check out is easy

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rod,

Thanks for your terrific review. We're very proud of the culinary team at Embassy Suites and are delighted that you found the food of excellent quality. Thanks, too, for noticing the quality of our linen. I'm always amazed at how much we spend to ensure a great sleeping experience. However, feedback like yours makes it all worth the investment.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again!
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My family and I stayed for a weekend back in March. Overall, everything was really great. The weekend seemed to be a kids hockey tournament and dance competition weekend. Of course, there is a certain noise level that comes with it, but that is to be expected, so to me, this ultimately wasn't a big deal. (I see reviews where folks condemn the hotel for this, but some people tend to forget that the parents of said children should be wrangling them, not leaving them for the hotel staff to babysit!)

Despite being busy at breakfast, (which, again, comes with the territory of a busy weekend, so people shouldn't get their knickers in a twist over it [folks, don't blame the hotel, it's not their fault that people tend to all show up at once!]) Tables we're cleared in a timely fashion and the quality of the food was everything I have come to expect and love at an Embassy Suites.

The room was very tidy and seemed up to date. Beds were comfy and clean. We slept very well despite their being kids all over the place all weekend.

I love that this hotel is so close to the highway and the mall. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sarah,

What a remarkable review! A member of my staff printed and enthusiastically delivered your review to me today. While we certainly appreciate your perspective, we also work very hard to ensure spring break and other tournament weekends are enjoyable for all of our guests.

We will be excited to welcome you back next time and truly appreciate your kind remarks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square? Share your experiences!