“Great Place to Stay the Night on our Road Trip”

Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed for one night while driving from California to Washington. Was traveling with my Grandmother and my three children. We had the family suite, which had a main room with 2 queen size beds and a sofa and desk, etc, and another bedroom with a king size bed. The setup of the room worked perfect for our family. Great location, close to I5 and alot of shops and restaurants. The breakfast was great. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Family suites are great if you need a little extra space
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 June 2012

hotel is about 3 yrs old, still looking new, rooms very large & clean,bright lightings in bathroom (plus) and quiet overall even though it's near a highway. Comp breakfast is satisfying, not just hrad boiled eggs etc. All the staff that I met were excellent, most notable but not only, is Megan at the front desk. She was very helpful and we would've been so lost around the city if it's not for her directions and patience. Pool, hot tub & exercise room is adequate. Great family hotel.
They don't have in-room safe in the room, which in this day & age it's unusual and we only found out on the last day that we could use their "safe" at the front desk. No view to mention but location is walking distance to bridgport village, great outdoor mall with many shops & restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We spent the night of 3/29 at the hotel with our 3 kids. The hotel is extremely welcoming. However the main attraction of staying in a hotel for our kids is the pool, They were very disappointed since the hotel pool was closed for some kind of maintenance. They said the filter needed changing. My kids did get to spend about half an hour on the day of our arrival in the pool and if the pool was closed the very next day because they needed to change a filter, the pool could have been dirty when our kids were in there.
We also noticed an old toothbrush and a couple of used juice boxes on the floor of our room but under the bed

1  Thank P M
joshsanders, Manager at Grand Hotel At Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear P M,

I’m writing to apologize for the pool and housekeeping issues that you experienced during your stay with us here at the Grand Hotel. Our goal is perfection and it sounds like we fell short during your stay here.

I want to assure you that the pool was clean when your family used it. We had to replace the filter not because it wasn’t cleaning the pool, but because it was leaking in our pool room and would have caused damage to the building had we not addressed it quickly. Just the same, I know that my family would have been disappointed if they were planning on swimming and were not able to, and I apologize that you experience that.

While I do not know the specifics of the housekeeping issues you experienced (since I can’t be sure of your identity or room number) I do know that we added a new staff member in housekeeping at that time. We have upper management inspect every room daily, and we are usually particularly detail-focused with our inspections when we have a new employee. It sounds like despite our efforts some things quite literally fell through the cracks causing us to fall short of our own high standards.

I’d really like to chat further about your stay and some potential solutions. If you are willing to further discuss I can be reached at 503-968-5757.

Josh Sanders

Reviewed 31 March 2012

The hotel was newer, clean and staff was friendly. We only stayed here for about 12 hours, so this is all off of our first impressions. The furnishings were nice and clean, but kind of generic and commercial. The entrance and check in areas were nice. The "hot breakfast" is what you would find at any business class hotel. The location was the best thing this hotel has. Close by there were multiple sit down restaurant/ lounges, Starbucks or Peet's Coffee, shopping and a large movie theater. There is easy access to northbound and southbound I5, if you are passing through.
If you like to sleep with white noise, there is nothing in the room to create it. No bathroom fan and the AC/ heater shuts down when at set temp.

Room Tip: Go to Peet's Coffee (and I'm an daily Starbucks drinker).
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My boss sent me down to portland to open our shop in tigard and put me up in the grand. Was a great stay free breakfast in the morning if you forgot any thing you can get it right at the front desk. All the staff was great and very nice, i also liked that the claim jumpers will bring you food right to your room for free witch i got faster than waiting for a table. My room was sweet love the bathroom it also had a microwave witch came in handy they should put some salt and pepper in the room would make me even happier.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the front only one way in to the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel speaking at a professional training program held on site. It is a beautiful, well-run property right off of I-5, in Tigard not far from Portland. The sleeping rooms are extremely comfortable and well-appointed. The business meeting rooms are also very user-friendly. It's a great place for a business meeting, and also great to stay if you in the area for other reasons.

Only two negative points:

* We arrived the night before, and the hotel staff would not let us look at the meeting room to check the set up, which was a bit odd.

* The TV line up has Fox News but not MSNBC, which I didn't like at all. Seriously, just the right-wing "news" channel? How about some balance?

Otherwise, terrific property that I would happily use again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Douglas D
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were up in Portland with several other couples for our kid's wrestling tournament. The hotel is very nicely decorated, clean, and convenient to the freeway (although we did not hear any freeway noise), and a great variety of shopping within walking distance. We had a double queen room, which was large, and well appointed. The bathrooms are huge! The kids loved the pool and hot tub, although I saw several kids fall on the slick tiled floors. Seems like this could have been thought out a little better to prevent accidents.
My only other complaint about this hotel is that the breakfasts are not well restocked. If you don't get down there fairly early it seems that things just run out and they won't restock them. At one point the coffee was out in the lobby, and wasn't replaced for quite some time. Also, there was no creamer by the coffee in the breakfast room, I only found it in the lobby. Although the breakfast was adequate with several hot items, and the standard fare of waffles, breads, fruits, etc., I have had much better continental breakfasts at other hotels (The Fairfield Inn, in Beaverton, sticks out as a benchmark).
Other than those minor complaints, the hotel was very nice. Customer service was great. Very friendly and helpful. The location is within walking distance of so many great shops and restaurants. Overall, we would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank KristenB77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Courtyard Portland Tigard
1 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego

Been to Grand Hotel At Bridgeport? Share your experiences!