“Nice Clean Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Texas
“Nice Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Very nice place to stay. We stayed for three nights for a trip to visit family. The lobby has a nice fireplace and comfortable couches and chairs. The room was very clean. The staff was nice and the cleaning person made sure everything was perfect. Breakfast buffet was good and varied a little from day to day. Only drawback is the automated faucet in the bathroom sink. It shut off automatically so you could never get actual hot water from it which was annoying. We tried wrapping a towel around the sensors with no success. Even though that was unpleasant, we will be back if we travel back to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed 15 February 2014

1st - Experience with Hotel & Expedia. February 13, 2014, trying to surprise my husband with a last minute Valentines Night away from the kids. When I found this hotel on Expedia it said there were 5 rooms left. The room pic looked huge and classy so I called the hotel front desk to confirm they had a room left to book, but they said they only had the Presidential Suite left on Valentines Day. Because of my inexperience with Expedia, I told the front desk that there were 5 rooms left on the travel sites. She told me if I book a room with Expedia and the hotel doesn't have rooms available Expedia will move me to a different hotel. That was not something I wanted to do! So before I proceeded, I called Expedia back and asked them to clarify their policies. Expedia said if their website says there are rooms available, and I place my reservation they will send a confirmation email of the reservation and I will be set. So I placed my online reservation, called the hotel the next day to confirm and they had me in there.

All that to say, the hotel should inform their employees how to answer questions the correct way when it comes to 3rd party online bookings. It would have saved me time and a big headache.

#2 -Now to the Hotel itself. Walking into the Lobby I was impressed on the clean upscale look it gave. The employee who checked us in was friendly and informed us of the Continental Breakfast in the morning. Our room was 420, two queens. Previous reviews had mentioned how large the rooms were and they were 100% correct. The room & bathroom were huge and spacious. Granite sinks, shower and bath. High Class look. 2 beds, leather love-seat, coffee table, desk & chair, the largest mini refrigerator I have ever seen in a hotel, microwave, and small/medium flat screen TV and wardrobe closet. The huge bathroom had a detached bathtub and shower. The only issue we had with the room was the selection of TV channels was horrible. No Pay-Per-View movie option or DVD player. After living by our DVR, it was hard to channel surf through stupid channels to get to only 3 possible movie stations.

Despite the hotel being 100% occupied, the noise level was completely quiet at night. No sounds from between the room walls, which for Valentines Day was surprising.
Breakfast was included in the stay: Scrambled Eggs, Roasted Potatoes, Sausage Link, Cold Cereal, Cinnamon Rolls, Waffles, Toast, Fresh Fruit, Juice & Coffee. Good selection, quality of eggs, sausages and potatoes were a little below Denny's quality, eggs were a little to gooey and runny for my taste and sausage was a little undercooked, potatoes didn't taste too fresh. But, for a huge room and breakfast for $136 I was not complaining. It did the job to fill us up and my husband was stuffed.
I wish I could find more hotels like this when we travel in the future with our 3 kids. You could have comfortably fit a family of 6 in that room which we only paid $136 (tax included). I would go back in a heartbeat, next time I will plan ahead and stay in the Hot Tub room, which looks absolutely amazing for the price! MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS WITHOUT ANY RESERVATION!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manhattan Beach
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel during a big snow storm. The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We had some challenges getting around town due to the weather and both Cassie and Jesus personally took the time to secure transportation for us and find restaurants that were still open. We were very happy that we were upgraded to a suite on the third floor that was spacious, clean and had a mini kitchenette and good sized fridge. They sell a small assortment of food in the lobby and the wine options for a small sundry shop were very good. As others have mentioned, location is perfect for shopping, restaurants and getting around since it's off the main highway. Really nice free breakfast, loved the waffles.

Room Tip: recommend higher floor, corner room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Oregon
Reviewed 22 January 2014

the wife and I do an after Christmas getaway every year and we go to the Grand Hotel in Tigard. There are lots of excellent restaurants in the area with a great mall right across the street. the rooms are extra large with comfortable beds and a free and fast wi-fi. There is an excellent free breakfast included in the already great price. the rooms are extra clean and quiet. the staff are all friendly and helpful. It is a very short drive to portland if we want to go into the fast pace of the city and then a quick drive back out of the hustle and bustle. what more can I say we love it there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was a real value. A clean room, gracious staff and just a short walk to shopping. The Christmas decorations were still up when we went so it was festive. I loved staying on the second floor so we could scoot down without the elevators. In retrospect, I would probably stay on the top floor so I didn't hear people running down the halls on the floor above.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
miami, fl
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels in the U.S. The rooms are big, but still cozy. We had a king bed, two stuffed chairs and a desk. The bathroom was very large and had a shower as well as a tub. It was clean and quiet. The breakfast hours were long and the foot was plentiful. For the price, this hotel is a great bargain.

Room Tip: I don't know because we had our blinds closed the whole time since the weather was depressing to...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had stayed at this hotel twice previously and each time found it excellent. The rooms are large, well appointed and clean. The desk staff was professional and friendly and the breakfast included was better than most. I stayed for 4 days and was comfortable the entire time. If it were part of a chain, it would be comparable to the best limited service hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Tigard
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego

Been to Grand Hotel At Bridgeport? Share your experiences!