“Sloooooowwww and rude service.”
Review of Split Wine Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Split Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Bend, Oregon
“Sloooooowwww and rude service.”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

They are titled as a wine bar, so don't expect much out of their beer selection. And I was fine with that. The service was super slow with two staff and only about five tables to wait on. We started at a booth, but didn't get service after several minutes. We moved up to the bar to make it easier on the waiter. Still waited. When we were finished we had to wave our money at them to get them to run our check. Won't go back.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank MaureenMatt

Beaverton, Oregon
“Good Wine Selection, staff not friendly”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My sister and I decided to have a girls night out and decided to try Split. It was pretty croweded when we arrived, however, we were lucky enough to get two seats at the bar. The wine list is pretty extensive and elaborate. It took us a while to decide. The bartender was not very friendly however. It says on the bottom of the menu "ask your server about daily flights" and he said, "yeah we don't have any flights"... and walked away. Uh... ok. He came back and took our order, and we also ordered an appetizer. We really enjoyed the hummus plate. The wine was good, and food was good too, but like I said the unfriendly service made us want to leave and go try another place. My sister said that last time she was there the service was not great as well. Don't know if I will be back.

• Visited February 2012
Tualatin, Oregon
“0 stars”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I want to say that if I could give no stars I would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First off, my boyfriend and I don't get a break from our kids very often so we were excited when my mom gave us a ShoppingSpree gift thing. We went in and the decor looks good. The waitress was very rude (like the gum chewing, eye rolling, I am better than you person). We sat and I just happened to ask first about the gift certificate. We were told that the owner didn't sign up to do shoppingspree and it was fraud. I asked for the owner (well we were told he was the manager but he was telling people at the bar, he was the owner). He said his attorney was taking care of it and he only honored it for the first week. Was there a note on the door??? NO!!!! When I go to the store and a price was marked wrong in ad, theres and I am sorry ad. I asked the guy if he informed the better business bureau said no. I told him that it was a gift and he told me to call shoppingspree. He also said anyone that purchased these should have gotten an email. So I called my mom and she was shocked, she had bought multiples of these and recieved nothing. She has bought many things from shopingspree and never had a problem. They are also a great company who gives back to small business and the local schools. After all this it was 830. I asked the waitress if he would possibly honor the after 9 pm happy hour prices as we now had to pay out of pocket. After the eye rolling and gum chewing wanna be checked with the "owner", he said that was fine. For $4 we got a small bowl of fries to share and I got a salad and my boyfriend had the fish tacos which he said was good. But why the hell $4 for a small bowl of fries???!!!??? I ordered a beer and a diet coke. I finished the diet coke with my meal and as the waitress walked by, I had to get her attention and asked if their was refills, she said..is that your first one? Well there is only a few other tables in here and I havent asked for a refil yet..and she said then yes.

I will never go back, I will not recommend them. I have the mind to report them. A place like this should not be at Bridgeport

• Visited December 2011
portland
“A 'wine' bar where they know nothing about wine.”
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This is a cool little spot that could do very well but they can't seem to figure out who they are. The staff was indifferent and had no knowledge of wine. The wine is improperly stored and served at the incorrect temperature. The food is so so and a little overpriced. To top things off, we walked in at 6:01 and asked if we could rush a happy hour order in and got a curt 'no' from the bartender. Maybe this place is a trendy little hot spot, but it should not be trying to be a wine bar, at least not in Oregon where we have so many great wine options and very savvy consumers.

• Visited February 2011